PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Week

spooky
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Quote of the Week

"I definitely think that Serena and Venus are being missed from the WTA Tour, and by the other players and the media too. They've had a huge influence on how the game has changed. They made it more athletic and powerful and forced all of us to get better. As an athlete you always want the greatest challenge, to play against the best. I hope we see them back soon."

- Kim Clijsters

Martian Willow
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:17 PM
...hhmmm...more trash talking from Kim then...(...probably...)... :)

Jen'sFan
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Its her being far too nice as usual...Would u ever hear Serena come out and say the tour needs the Belguims? Dont think so!

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Obviously a dig at Justine from Kim :rolleyes: ;).

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:24 PM
This is very honest of Kim. Whether or not u like the Serena and Venus is not an issue, fact is they are the two best players. Everyone wants a chance to play them , a chance to beat them, hell...some people even want the chance to say that they had the apportunity in their career to play one of the sisters. I know when I play tennis at the local parks, i look to play the best players, the competition is better, he/she makes me raise my game a few levels. Kim knows that beating the same players each week easily is no fun and will not improve her game. She often makes very honest comments and gives credit where it is due. I also think that Serena and Venus would make the same comments about Kim if she were injured and off tour.

bandabou
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:31 PM
This is very honest of Kim. Whether or not u like the Serena and Venus is not an issue, fact is they are the two best players. Everyone wants a chance to play them , a chance to beat them, hell...some people even want the chance to say that they had the apportunity in their career to play one of the sisters. I know when I play tennis at the local parks, i look to play the best players, the competition is better, he/she makes me raise my game a few levels. Kim knows that beating the same players each week easily is no fun and will not improve her game. She often makes very honest comments and gives credit where it is due. I also think that Serena and Venus would make the same comments about Kim if she were injured and off tour.

Word! Venus even said at the Oz, that it would be sad to see Kim retire prematurely...as her father was saying that Kim was gonna retire.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Classic Kim but the same's been said publicly by Hingis, Navratilova, McEnroe, Austin, Henin-Hardenne....;)

spooky
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:04 PM

How is that trash talk when she is telling the truth.

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:12 PM
How in the hell is this taking a Dig at Justine? Newsflash folks, if it werent for the sisters, Justine, nor Kim wouldnt have gotten better an in much better postion to challenge. BTW, morons, if you think Serena hasnt said nice things about players :rolleyes: , that just shows your inablity to get off your ass and read interviews and articles, she has spoken glowing about every top ten player that she has played.

persond
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Its her being far too nice as usual...Would u ever hear Serena come out and say the tour needs the Belguims? Dont think so!

I can see why you're a Jenn fan...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And, since you're so misinformed, Serena has often spoken very highly of the whatever player was No.1...ergo, her quotes about how sad it would be for Martina Hingis to retire and not return to the tour!!! :angel: :angel:

No one really cares about the "hating", just get and keep your "facts" straight...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM
How in the hell is this taking a Dig at Justine? Newsflash folks, if it werent for the sisters, Justine, nor Kim wouldnt have gotten better an in much better postion to challenge.

How the hell did you miss the sarcasm of Kart's and Willow's posts? :eek: Newsflash Serendy Willick, it it weren't for people with a sense of humour, this board would be even more swamped with petty bickering and bitching. :lol:

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:37 PM
How the hell did you miss the sarcasm of Kart's and Willow's posts? :eek: Newsflash Serendy Willick, it it weren't for people with a sense of humour, this board would be even more swamped with petty bickering and bitching. :lol:

I'm talking about Jen Fans post :rolleyes:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:39 PM
I'm talking about Jen Fans post :rolleyes:

Sorry, I misunderstood, but you shouldn't take all the hatas so seriously ;)

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
lose : loose :: Belgian : Belgium

persond
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM

Well, aren't there two "Belgiums"...??? :tape: :tape:

Hurley
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Yes. And the Tour needs them to play!! ;)

SJW
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM

dude they still aren't getting it

you're a crap teacher......can't you beat them or something?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:23 PM
dude they still aren't getting it

you're a crap teacher......can't you beat them or something?

don't even think of giving Hurley access to a leather strap :o

AjdeNate!
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:42 PM
:lol: You are really quickly becoming my favorite poster!!! :bounce:

AjdeNate!
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:12 PM
don't even think of giving Hurley access to a leather strap :o
:tape: I'd say something crude, but Hurley will chide me.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mobile.videos/Mike/retarded_whip.gif

Infiniti2001
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:40 PM

:haha: :lol: :wavey:
Neengal nalama?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Neengal nalama?

neengal nalama?

TM
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Oh Keem, you are truly the sweetest white belgian chocolate in the world. Don't you ever change like that little bitch Justine! Ok?! :)

>>> ;) :p <<<

Hurley
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:33 AM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mobile.videos/Mike/retarded_whip.gif

Where did you find that picture of me?!?! :eek: :fiery:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Where did you find that picture of me?!?! :eek: :fiery:

I'm not at liberty to say, for Nate's sake :o

Kart
Oct 9th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Neengal nalama?

:worship:

But I admit I had to repeat it to myself several times before I understood :o.

Nul la thaan irrekerren.