PDA

View Full Version : Alex bagels Myskina

tennnisfannn
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Has the world gone mad? Very surprising result so far. Come on Alex, win another set.

SerialKiller#69
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:18 PM
C'mon Myskina.Regroup and breathe.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:40 PM
no good having a bagel in set 1

Nastya won 0-6 6-1 4-0 30-0 rtd

Alex's UE's mounted
she called for trainer, back it seemed
3rd set it was a token effort once Nastya held for 3-0

fleemke³
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:42 PM
:confused: what a strange match

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Alex...:sad:

bandabou
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Back-problems again....damn, the girl has to buy a new back or something...she can´t play two matches without back pain.

Daniel
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Congrats Nastya :D

Shedevil
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:56 PM
:confused: what a strange match
idd :o

Darran
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Alex sure does retire alot ;) :tape:

tennnisfannn
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:59 PM
no good having a bagel in set 1

Nastya won 0-6 6-1 4-0 30-0 rtd

Alex's UE's mounted
she called for trainer, back it seemed
3rd set it was a token effort once Nastya held for 3-0
So that's what happened, I thought my computer had frozen. Get well Alex, and yes a really strange score, it is as though the players were playing wall tennis in each set.

anton
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:03 PM
This just shows Alex is a great player.

She won 6-0 over a player who has won 20+ matches in a row.

Alex get it together and WIN ZURICH!!! OK???!!

jenglisbe
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM
or maybe Myskina is tired from all those matches in a row?? not saying that is a true excuse, but I bet Alex wouldn't have bageled Myskina last week.

SerialKiller#69
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Pffff.

Greenout
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:14 PM
ROTF!! Yeah, right. Myskina then goes on to
win the second set 6-1. HA!! Alex bails out
with an injury thingy.

Winner= Myskina.

Alex. heheheheh.

ys
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Nastya overcelebrated over the weekend. After the first set she went to the stuff she played last two weeks and it could not have been a contest.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Nastya said after match in interview "in the 1st set she was tired and couldn't move too good"

1st set, Nastya was making too many UE's

2nd set on, she played more conservatively and kept ball in and Alex self-destructed.
dunno how serious her back injury was.

anton
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:39 PM
alex should have won.

Mykina send Alex a thank you note and some roses....

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
its funny how so many people come up with so many excuses. Well alex outplayed her in that first set. Too bad alex focus on some consistency. nice win for skina.

Keith
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:43 PM
LOL @ people saying Alex should have won. That = sore loser! One good set does not make a winner, that is why it's best of 3. Jen usually dominates Serena in the first set, only to go down in three, but I wouldn't say Jen deserved to win because of it.

Nastya has PROVEN that she is a good player and Stevenson has not. That is why she lost.

CapFan#1
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Doesn't Alex usually retire when she is losing????

Jen'sFan
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't say she was the best loser in the world. ;)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:06 PM
toldya, it's only Alex

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:08 PM

Only if her serve, forehand, backhand, volleys, and movement aren't working for her. :lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:14 PM
LOL @ people saying Alex should have won. That = sore loser! One good set does not make a winner, that is why it's best of 3. Jen usually dominates Serena in the first set, only to go down in three, but I wouldn't say Jen deserved to win because of it.

Nastya has PROVEN that she is a good player and Stevenson has not. That is why she lost.

um anyone who is top thirty in the world in their profession is a good at their job.

funny how when someone says she should have won they are a sore loser but when someone says kim should have won her 2003 aussie semi they are not. I wonder how that works.

anyway she should not have won and kim should not have won because they didnt' perform and were outplayed.

FLL
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:14 PM

Myskina was tired and had an off set! Definatly not because Alex out classed her.. She can't out class nobody!

E. Blackadder
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:19 PM
lmao @ stevenson :haha:

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Myskina was tired and had an off set! Definatly not because Alex out classed her.. She can't out class nobody!

were you there? Did you watch the match? Obviously to bagel someone you must outplay them.

oh and comparing myskina to alex is laughable because alex hasnt even won a title yet its like comparing justine to myskina which is also a big joke because justine defintely outclasses myskina.

justine&coria
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM
How did Myskina win 20 matches in a row !!!!!
I thought she only won the last 2 tournaments !! which means 10 matches, I think !!!!!!!!!

stijntje
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Myskina must have been tired after winning Leipzig and Moskou ;)

Keith
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:04 PM
um anyone who is top thirty in the world in their profession is a good at their job.

your next post states that Myskina and Stevenson are in two different leagues, since Myskina already has 6 tournament titles (to ZERO) for Alex, a higher ranking, and recent wins over top players. Comparatively speaking, which I was, Myskina is by far the better player. You said it yourself.

funny how when someone says she should have won they are a sore loser but when someone says kim should have won her 2003 aussie semi they are not. I wonder how that works.

I'm not a Kim fan, and I never said she "deserved" to win that one, so don't ask me how it works. In fact, I stated that I never felt Jen deserved to win any match in which she even had leads, so go ask someone else! :lol:

anyway she should not have won and kim should not have won because they didnt' perform and were outplayed.
Right, which is pretty much what I said. Even though Alex won the first set 6-0, I just knew she would end up losing. I would have put money on it.

Calvin
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM

On this point I agree with you. Even though Alex's game is not what it should be, she's still a good tennisplayer.

I wonder how your mind works. :confused:
Kim was 5-1 up in the third set, had matchpoints... Alex never came close in winning: there are 2 sets to be won.

There's no double-standard going on, if Alex had gone 5-1 up in the 2nd or 3rd set, anyone would agree Alex shouldve won, but choked.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Stevenson taking a set off Myskina should really be a big positive for her seeing that this season has been full of negatives of late.

Well done and get well soon :)

Slumpsova
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:37 PM
retired again?
:haha:

tfannis
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM

You exagerated in more than one way lol ;) 20+? Err...Anastacia isn't Justine/Serena quite yet ;)

Maggie Maleeva won the first set 60 against Kim at the French Open this year....it appeared to mean...not that much :o

Lady
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Nastya has 8 wins in a row I think
Both tournys were 32 places draw, and Nastya was seeded 3 & 4 there

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Anastaisia had her ass handed to her in the first set, plain and fucking simple. Now had Serena or Venus made those comments ("I was too tired in the first, I made a lot of UEs, blah, blah) they would've been put through the ringer.

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:24 PM
On this point I agree with you. Even though Alex's game is not what it should be, she's still a good tennisplayer.

I wonder how your mind works. :confused:
Kim was 5-1 up in the third set, had matchpoints... Alex never came close in winning: there are 2 sets to be won.

There's no double-standard going on, if Alex had gone 5-1 up in the 2nd or 3rd set, anyone would agree Alex shouldve won, but choked.

Yes, there is :rolleyes: In both cases, neither player was able to get over the hump to put the other opponent away. Its just as simple as that. 5-1 two match points and Serena still ran off six straight games to win that match. I would be considered a "comeback" if any other person had did it. But its a choke when Serena does it. :rolleyes: whatever.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Anastaisia had her ass handed to her in the first set, plain and fucking simple. Now had Serena or Venus made those comments ("I was too tired in the first, I made a lot of UEs, blah, blah) they would've been put through the ringer.

Geez, you're awfully good at predicting what other people will think. I tire of these posts of 'if that was my fave, he/she'd be destroyed in the media/accused of blah blah blah'. So now you decide to take Nastasya through the ringer?

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Geez, you're awfully good at predicting what other people will think. I tire of these posts of 'if that was my fave, he/she'd be destroyed in the media/accused of blah blah blah'. So now you decide to take Nastasya through the ringer?

Get real, some of the idiots on this board and others in the media clowned my girl Serena at the championships because she even mentioned the word tired when she lost to Kim in the final :rolleyes: Even though she gave Kim full credit in her interview. Eariler in the tournement Maggie Maleeva blamed her lost to Jennifer Capriati on results she had a month ago and yet no one jumped in her shit. Same think with Cheater at the Charleston Cup, Everyone knows that Serena played like shit, she says that she played like shyt (but still in the interview she gives Cheater credit for fighting hard and staying in there) but she is clowned on this board for her comments. Her comments were no different than Myskinas above. If I see Double standards, I'm gonna call them out, plain and simple.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Get real, some of the idiots on this board and others in the media clowned my girl Serena at the championships because she even mentioned the word tired when she lost to Kim in the final :rolleyes: Even though she gave Kim full credit in her interview. Eariler in the tournement Maggie Maleeva blamed her lost to Jennifer Capriati on results she had a month ago and yet no one jumped in her shit. Same think with Cheater at the Charleston Cup, Everyone knows that Serena played like shit, she says that she played like shyt (but still in the interview she gives Cheater credit for fighting hard and staying in there) but she is clowned on this board for her comments. Her comments were no different than Myskinas above. If I see Double standards, I'm gonna call them out, plain and simple.

if you're going to take every single bad thing that's said about your fave on this board that seriously and look for revenge at every opportunity, you're wasting your mental energy.

Serendy Willick
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
if you're going to take every single bad thing that's said about your fave on this board that seriously and look for revenge at every opportunity, you're wasting your mental energy.

How am I wasting my time? How am I getting revenge? I'm not gonna go out with a hatchet and start trying to run down Myskina. I'm just point out how some players get a free pass, while others dont. I dont think its fair nor do I think its right. :rolleyes: Dont worry about me wasting anything.

Bероника
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM
:sad: Alex
Get well soon,girl!!!

Tennis Fool
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Does Alex=new coach=Roddick like improvement? What do you guys think?

geoepee
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
I think it would improve her game tremendously.

Considering she hasn't had a consistent tennis coach since her coach Pete Fischer was arrested.

She has the weapons, powerful serve, forehand, backhand, good volleys, all she neds is someone to help with strategy.

Dawn Marie
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Alex does not have the mental game for tennis.

If she did she would have fired mom as coach hired a new one and got that ass in the gym.

She has not done that yet which means she lacks the mental in the tennis game. There are many players like Alex who are on the WTA tour.