PDA

View Full Version : Did everyone see this quote by Myskina??

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:17 AM
“ With every tournament title, a win at the Grand Slams is becoming more and more realistic. ”
— Anastasia Myskina

Strong words.

Lindsayfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:27 AM
yes and so?

Gospodin
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:29 AM
:rolleyes: let me guess... thats an arrogant statement because the williamses will kill myskina on court no matter how many other tournaments myskina wins over the likes of henin and mauresmo because the williamses are the best ever so there.

typical.

JonBcn
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:29 AM
I dont mean to be disrespectful - in fact, I quite like Myskina, but if she ever wins a Grand Slam I'll eat my hat.

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:30 AM
:rolleyes: let me guess... thats an arrogant statement because the williamses will kill myskina on court no matter how many other tournaments myskina wins over the likes of henin and mauresmo because the williamses are the best ever so there.

typical.

No, I liked the quote. She feels she is progressing along and that she is about ready to take a slam.

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I dont mean to be disrespectful - in fact, I quite like Myskina, but if she ever wins a Grand Slam I'll eat my hat.

Someone will hold you to this.

JonBcn
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:33 AM

I know, I was just thinking; "wonder when I'll see this thread bumped!" ;)

I'd like her to prove me wrong; I just dont think she has it in her.

Gospodin
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:53 AM
No, I liked the quote. She feels she is progressing along and that she is about ready to take a slam.
:wavey:

she's shown some very good results lately. the least that can afford her is some confidence against the top players in more crucial situations. its something she deserves i guess (some confidence anyway).

azza
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:00 AM
:lol: @ Myskina

BasicTennis
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:01 AM
If she can beat a grandslammer like Justine, then for sure she has a chance also.:)

*JR*
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:01 AM
The quote is fine, as it was only saying "possible". (While I still don't like her, I can't fault any player for confidence, as long as one's not arrogant about it). Having said that, Momo has the skills to have beaten her in Moscow but doesn't know when to play what style. Juju was worn out in Leipzig, like Kim was when she lost to Baby Blue Eyes in Toronto. (Plus Kim might well have won the Leipzig SF if not for the injury). And I don't see every such statement about oneself or another player as part of some "vast anti-Williams conspiracy". The W/S tend to TCB on the court regardless (even an injured Venus beating Kim @ Wimby).

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:03 AM
:wavey:

she's shown some very good results lately. the least that can afford her is some confidence against the top players in more crucial situations. its something she deserves i guess (some confidence anyway).

Yes, coming back to beat Juju was impressive. Beating Momo is good, but Momo is a headcase and can lose to anyone.

P.S. No apology for assuming I was trying to bag on Myskina?? At least you owe me that?? :bigwave:

decemberlove
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:05 AM
for those laughing...

whats the point in playing if you dont believe in yourself?

Crazy Canuck
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:15 AM

I feel the same way, but admire her self belief regardless. As D-love said... if you don't believe you can do it, what are you playing for.... :)

sartrista7
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:21 AM

Heh, I'll hold you to it Jon ;) Though if she does win a Slam I may well be too ecstatic to remember :D

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:39 AM
if you don't believe in yourself then who will ????

fleemke³
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:11 AM
The girl has ambition and you need it if you want to grow every year.

Great thinking from Myskina :yeah:

Freewoman33
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:12 AM
for those laughing...

Amen! She has the right, like everyone else, to have confidence and believe that she can win a slam. Hard work and consistency will pay off.

Rollo
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:33 AM
I'll eat my hat too Jon-hey I'll even promise never to eat horse meat again since Myskina seems to be so fond of the animal ;)

It's a sensible statement she made. I'd be careful about projecting fall indoor events onto outdoor slams though-the intensity level is far different.

switz
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:52 AM
she kind of reminds me of majoli, so it might happen. i was going to say stranger things have happened, but when it comes to women's tennis in grand slams i don't actually think anything stranger would have occurred (except of course for iva)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:16 PM
for those laughing...

Funny, Serena has proven herself to be the very best player on the tour, but she still gets ragged for making such comments, more power to Myskina for believing in herself.

tennnisfannn
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:20 PM
I feel the same way, but admire her self belief regardless. As D-love said... if you don't believe you can do it, what are you playing for.... :)
Some players have been accused of being arrogant for showing faith in no one but themselves ;)

jbone_0307
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:21 PM
“ With every tournament title, a win at the Grand Slams is becoming more and more realistic. ”
— Anastasia Myskina

Strong words.

If you didn't think it was any negativity, then why did you post it?? Cause i sure know ass hell you didn't post it for people to clap at. What is soooo strong about those words?? She has the possibility of winning one. I guess your bored that V&S arent playing, so you and DAFOREHAND go start shit. :rolleyes:

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Those words are considerably less strong than making a claim that she will be the number one player prior to winning a tournament --

The girl isn't even saying she is going to win a slam, but only that the idea is more realistic. It's less far fetched than Serena saying her goal is to go undefeated in 2002. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Serena setting that goal for herself. I thought it was stupid to talk about it, but not to set a somewhat unrealistic goal for herself because of what she had achieved in the previous year.

So, no, I don't think Myskyna is uttering "strong" words. I think she has a right to be confident in herself, and to aim as high as she wants.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Those words are considerably less strong than making a claim that she will be the number one player prior to winning a tournament --

The girl isn't even saying she is going to win a slam, but only that the idea is more realistic. It's less far fetched than Serena saying her goal is to go undefeated in 2002. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Serena setting that goal for herself. I thought it was stupid to talk about it, but not to set a somewhat unrealistic goal for herself because of what she had achieved in the previous year.

So, no, I don't think Myskyna is uttering "strong" words. I think she has a right to be confident in herself, and to aim as high as she wants.

ROFLMBAO!!!

And Serena doesn't? She's only been the best player in the world for the past two years, and yes that includes today. :eek:

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:00 PM
She has a chance at a major if all of the top 5 players in the world are out of the draw with injuries, etc., and then she still could get beat by any of the second 5.

She has about the same chance that any of the 3 Maleeva sisters (and the game comparison is accurate) did of getting to a major final- slim to none. She hits the ball a little harder than Maggie Maleeva, who was the hardest hitting of the Maleevas, but she still hits a very flat ball off both wings, which will hurt her chances in a major, where you have to do alot more than get lucky and beat Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne back to back, you have to win 7 matches in a row.

Her biggest problem is she is thin and frail, and can't impose herself physically on opponents match after match. It's one thing to have confidence- I wish it for everyone who plays, but it's another thing to actually have the guns to work with to back it up.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:02 PM

ROFLMBAO!!!

And Serena doesn't? She's only been the best player in the world for the past two years, and yes that includes today. :eek:

Serena absolutely does have the right to be confident. And if you had read my post all the way through, you would have seen that I said that Serena was right to set a high goal for herself, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with her setting a goal of going undefeated in 2002.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:04 PM
She has a chance at a major if all of the top 5 players in the world are out of the draw with injuries, etc., and then she still could get beat by any of the second 5.

She has about the same chance that any of the 3 Maleeva sisters (and the game comparison is accurate) did of getting to a major final- slim to none. She hits the ball a little harder than Maggie Maleeva, who was the hardest hitting of the Maleevas, but she still hits a very flat ball off both wings, which will hurt her chances in a major, where you have to do alot more than get lucky and beat Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne back to back, you have to win 7 matches in a row.

Her biggest problem is she is thin and frail, and can't impose herself physically on opponents match after match. It's one thing to have confidence- I wish it for everyone who plays, but it's another thing to actually have the guns to work with to back it up.

From this post, I wonder if you have seen Myskina. Yes her upperbody on television appears frail, but in person it does not appear as frail. The important thing is that she has incredible thighs. She has a very strong lower body and that counts for a lot in tennis.

Volcana
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:06 PM
I think the statement is exactly correct. Every tournament win DOES mean a GS tiutle is closer. It's still far away, but it's closer. She'd need some luck (like facing only two top tenners), and her best tennis, but she's .... hmmm

She's closer to where Mauresmo, Capriati and Davenport are now than those three are to winning a (future) GS title.

SerialKiller#69
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she infact wins a GS. It's not that far-fetched.

nander
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Good for her. I have seen her play in person and when she is on she is impressive.
If that is arrogance, so be it.
WhoI think is much more arrogant are all these armchair pundits who deliver edicts on this board and probably have no concept of what it takes to be a professional sports person.
Repeat - good for her. I wish more of them showed more conficdence - and arrogance if that's what it is.

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:29 PM
From this post, I wonder if you have seen Myskina. Yes her upperbody on television appears frail, but in person it does not appear as frail. The important thing is that she has incredible thighs. She has a very strong lower body and that counts for a lot in tennis.

I've seen her play quite a few times- her style reminds me of Kimiko Date- and it's a style that frustrates alot of players because she has compact swings and hits much flatter than most people. The upper body strength is required in todays game in order to win a major. There hasn't been a champion at the majors with a frail upper body since Chris Evert in 1986.

MarcusRock
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:36 PM
If you didn't think it was any negativity, then why did you post it?? Cause i sure know ass hell you didn't post it for people to clap at. What is soooo strong about those words?? She has the possibility of winning one. I guess your bored that V&S arent playing, so you and DAFOREHAND go start shit. :rolleyes:Ooooh! Knizzle and FOREHAND, he said that you two have nothing better to do than try and make snide remarks to get groups of fans to fight with each other. Plus he called ya'll bubonic plague sufferers.

Ya'll gonna take that? Dang.

Philip
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:48 PM
i just saw anastasia's press thing from filderstadt... and she is such a nice girl :)

and if she can win leipzig and moscow... i dont see why she couldnt pull off a gs win on her day :)

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:50 PM
I've seen her play quite a few times- her style reminds me of Kimiko Date- and it's a style that frustrates alot of players because she has compact swings and hits much flatter than most people. The upper body strength is required in todays game in order to win a major. There hasn't been a champion at the majors with a frail upper body since Chris Evert in 1986.

Myskina's body isn't any more inherently "frail" than is Justine's.

And Chris Evert wasn't frail either, and particularly not for her time.

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Myskina's body isn't any more inherently "frail" than is Justine's.

And Chris Evert wasn't frail either, and particularly not for her time.

"Inherently frail"? What, as opposed to externally frail? Chris Evert was the last great champion from the old era when ladies could win on guile and intelligent play alone, without the need for beefing up the upper body. Yes, she did improve her fitness from 1984-1989, but she was still very weak on the serve and overhead and rarely put the ball away with winners- because she didn't have the upper-body strength to do so. I think Steffi Graf put Chris Evert into retirement. Chris always had a chance mentally against Navratilova, but the physically overpowering brand of baseline tennis that Steffi brought to the table was too much for her. Anastasia Myskina doesn't even belong in the same conversation- sure, she's attractive and plays a nice game of tennis, but it's safe to say she'll never win a major.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:04 PM
"Inherently frail"? What, as opposed to externally frail? Chris Evert was the last great champion from the old era when ladies could win on guile and intelligent play alone, without the need for beefing up the upper body. Yes, she did improve her fitness from 1984-1989, but she was still very weak on the serve and overhead and rarely put the ball away with winners- because she didn't have the upper-body strength to do so. I think Steffi Graf put Chris Evert into retirement. Chris always had a chance mentally against Navratilova, but the physically overpowering brand of baseline tennis that Steffi brought to the table was too much for her. Anastasia Myskina doesn't even belong in the same conversation- sure, she's attractive and plays a nice game of tennis, but it's safe to say she'll never win a major.

Lol... I didn't say "internally frail" That would have been the opposite of externally frail.

Justine has an upper body that was not strong. She worked on it and it became stronger. All I am saying is that Myskina can work on her body too. I don't think that it is intrinsically (if that word is more understandable to you) than was Justine's.

RAA
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:16 PM
I actually think its a quote that makes sense. I mean, she knows shes got to string together some wins at 'smaller' tournaments over some higher ranked players before she can realistically think she has a shot at the slams.

she's had a good couple of weeks. she is improving. she beat JustineHH who arguably is the hottest player on the tour right now..

she didn't say she was gonna go out and WIN oz '04.. all she seemed to say is that she is heading in the right direction. which is true..

having said that, I would be surprised if she was even in a slam final in 2004... but hey, stranger things have happened.

at least she's not ranked 56 or something and saying I'm gonna be the next #1 player in the world..

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Lol... I didn't say "internally frail" That would have been the opposite of externally frail.

Justine has an upper body that was not strong. She worked on it and it became stronger. All I am saying is that Myskina can work on her body too. I don't think that it is intrinsically (if that word is more understandable to you) than was Justine's.

Actually, I understood inherently, but for lack of an accurate application of the adjective inherent with describing a player's fitness (or lack thereof), I chose to question with externally, as inherent would denote an inborn quality which is permanent and unchangeable- not really an accurate descriptive for fitness or conditioning, yes? Shall we say, genetics are inherent (if that concept is more understandable to you)?

Justine hasn't been as physically frail in the upper body as Anastasia since Justine was probably 14 or 15 years old. Even before she started with Pat Etcheberry, she was a stronger girl up top, with a bigger serve and better movement.

Greenout
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I don't get it? So, what's wrong with this quote????
I think it's great. I love seeing her confident. It
was just a bit ago that people were calling the Russian
girls "hyped" , "half baked", "overated", "mentally frail",
"average" etc..

It's just great to see everybody so ambitious nowadays.
It has nothing to do with disrespect or whatever. It's about
feeling you belong on tour and wanting to prove to the
world that you should be at the top.

Go Girls!!!!

nygirl
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Whether or not a quote is perceived as arrogant has to do with WHO says it, as simple as that. If it's said by one of your faves then it's always selfbelief, if it's uttered by someone you despise the quote suddenly becomes arrogant.

In this case I think Myskina is kind of getting carried away with her results the last 2 weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Myskina has always had better results indoors (just like Alex). And some of you bring the win against Justine as proof that she can win a slam... hardly... Justine has ALWAYS sucked indoors. Check her results, she only ever won 1 tournament indoors, that was last year in Linz with a weak field (she won the final against Alex). Last year she lost in the first round at Filderstadt (against Casanova :rolleyes: ).

The best result Myskina ever had in the slams was reaching the quarters and as long as the top 5 players (Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine, Jennifer) are in shape and bring their A game I can't see Myskina even coming close to reaching a slam final even though she might have wins against them in smaller tournaments. Champions have the ability to step it up in the ones that count.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I read your entire post and responded in kind. Did you not say it was stupid for Serena to state her goal(s)?

"Starr.....The girl isn't even saying she is going to win a slam, but only that the idea is more realistic. It's less far fetched than Serena saying her goal is to go undefeated in 2002. I didn't think there was anything wrong with Serena setting that goal for herself. I thought it was stupid to talk about it, but not to set a somewhat unrealistic goal for herself because of what she had achieved in the previous year"

Nothing wrong w/what Serena stated, or Myskina's comments. Serena has more than proven herself, let's see if Myskina can back up her statement.

propi
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I hope she gets a GS, more variety would be funnier :) Vamos Myskina :)

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Good quote from Myskina - you could argue she's deluding herself but we've seen from Justine this year how critical self-belief is to winning big titles.

One thing is for sure - she'll never win a grand slam if she doesn't believe she can.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Go Myskina!!! You can make it!!!!!!
I dont see any reason why not????
It might be long road, but yeah its possible for you.

Jen'sFan
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Some people are so quick to put others down. If Myskina believes she can do it then good on her, no need to make sarcastic comments. I hope she does it :bounce:

JLDementieva
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:29 PM
I think this quote tells me that Natsya is confident that she can compete with the top players. I'm not saying she will win a GS, but if she thinks she can then good for her!

persond
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:39 PM

typical.

Have you seen your "Mental Hygienist" lately...???...!!!...??? :angel: :angel:

persond
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Firstly, I see absolutely nothing wrong with a little self-assurance.
Secondly, can you say "double standard...???

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

cool bird
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I can see Her winning a slam. Most likely the french I think grass is to fast for her and the same with the us open.

But i think that the french is not to far away

ys
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:41 PM
More of interesting quotes from Nastya from her recent interview..

Q: You know, your fans often say that your game is not right, difficult to understand, and even experts can't explain your results.

A: It is just that I always see the goal. I think about every motion, about every expression of my face. During the match every detail is important. You know, Justine Henin-Hardenne is such an actress - oh!

A: Then how dod you manage to beat her? Nobody could do that for so long, she looked absolutely unbeatable..

Q: Too many players buy on that - on her play - on her play of an actress. Justine can, for instance, very naturally play cramps, to put her opponent off balance.

A: Why are you so sure that she is faking?
Q: I got that impression from my intuition. It happened so many times, her opponent buys on that, goes one level down, and then Henin-Hardenne suddenly recovers and takes advantage of her opponent losing focus.

A: But she could not do that to you?
Q: I just decided not to pay attention to anything, stay as cool as her. She is used to be the one controllling the situation and here she realised that her play ( of an actress ) doesn't get to me. And I finished her off on that.

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:46 PM
If you didn't think it was any negativity, then why did you post it?? Cause i sure know ass hell you didn't post it for people to clap at. What is soooo strong about those words?? She has the possibility of winning one. I guess your bored that V&S arent playing, so you and DAFOREHAND go start shit. :rolleyes:

I wasn't starting any shit. I liked the quote. It's good to hear players with self-belief in themselves. It doesn't sound arrogant to me at all. She has the right attitude IMHO. Reminds me of Venus and Serena.

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:53 PM

Q: You know, your fans often say that your game is not right, difficult to understand, and even experts can't explain your results.

A: It is just that I always see the goal. I think about every motion, about every expression of my face. During the match every detail is important. You know, Justine Henin-Hardenne is such an actress - oh!

A: Then how dod you manage to beat her? Nobody could do that for so long, she looked absolutely unbeatable..

Q: Too many players buy on that - on her play - on her play of an actress. Justine can, for instance, very naturally play cramps, to put her opponent off balance.

Q: I got that impression from my intuition. It happened so many times, her opponent buys on that, goes one level down, and then Henin-Hardenne suddenly recovers and takes advantage of her opponent losing focus.

Q: I just decided not to pay attention to anything, stay as cool as her. She is used to be the one controllling the situation and here she realised that her play ( of an actress ) doesn't get to me. And I finished her off on that.

I never liked her much- she's such a prissy little Russian bitch on court and off- and doesn't look to have the talent to back up her words when it really counts. Go ahead, Anastasia, keep believing you are the only surviving daugher of Czar Nicholas and the rest of the world trembles in your long-necked chinless wake. The tiara ain't there, sweetie!

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:57 PM

Are these real quotes?? They can't be.

Ballbuster
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:02 PM

ys, you liar. Mystinka did not say this. If so, I take my hat off to her.

ys
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:21 PM
ys, you liar. Mystinka did not say this. If so, I take my hat off to her.

I never lie. On Internet at least. The link is in Nastya's thread at RR. Russian readers can confirm or question the accuracy of my translation.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:43 PM

Very interesting indeed.

DEETHELICK
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:05 PM
I think its great she believes in herself and her game. To be honest, both her and Elena have proved themselves as worthy top tenners and the next level is to move up the ranks and get key wins at GS.

Hopefully this positivity will work its magic on the other Russians (including Elena D) and make the really motivated to snatch a GS title from the USA/Belgium domination!!

*JR*
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:11 PM
If this gets Pierre thinking Juju is acting, he might become impotent! :o

ally baker
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:14 PM
This is quite funny now... since Nastya whined after her 1st round match this week that she was tired.

I believe she was faking. I got that impression from my intuition.

ys
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:22 PM
This is quite funny now... since Nastya whined after her 1st round match this week that she was tired.

I believe she was faking. I got that impression from my intuition.

After the match you can fake all you want, it has no bearing on the result. And because of that no one cares.

Andrew.
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:34 PM

Ditto. I'll eat crow.

Jarrett
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Good for her, but I don't ever see it happening, but again good for her. She didn't say anything negitive about anyone else so nothing is wrong with the comment. Yes, she beat Justine but too win a slam you usually have to beat 3 or 4 good players in a row. The same reason most people don't see Monica winning another slam. But given a good draw, who knows.

jojoseph
Oct 11th, 2003, 12:14 AM
the toughest thing to do is to believe in yourself without overbelieving

Rocketta
Oct 11th, 2003, 02:37 AM

meow :cat:

Another scratch on Justine's court ethics.....:eek:

Experimentee
Oct 11th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I dont think she can do it. But i guess its good for her to believe in herself.

baleineau
Oct 11th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Her best chance would be at the Australian. She just doesn't have the artistry and court craft to win at Roland Garros, and she lacks the serve to do well at Wimbledon or the US Open.

She'll be a career 4th round / quarter-finalist at the Slams.

She's a very good player, but she's not a "player of class".

AnnaK_4ever
Nov 19th, 2006, 02:09 AM
HUGE BUMP!

— Anastasia MyskinaStrong words.
She said this after back-to-back wins in Leipzig and Moscow in 2003.

:lol: @ Myskina

Her best chance would be at the Australian. She just doesn't have the artistry and court craft to win at Roland Garros, and she lacks the serve to do well at Wimbledon or the US Open.
She'll be a career 4th round / quarter-finalist at the Slams.
She's a very good player, but she's not a "player of class".

I can see Her winning a slam. Most likely the french I think grass is to fast for her and the same with the us open.

But i think that the french is not to far away
:worship:

Ditto. I'll eat crow.

And from the other threads

After she beat Hantuchova 2 and 1 in Eastbourne 2002:
I actually am not at all impressed with her. I think she simply made a lot of lucky shots. In a year or so, I don't see her getting anybetter, and I see her mentally choking. I felt so bad for Dani today as Myskina just plain got lucky time after time. Eventually, she has to miss those lines, and once she does she will begin crashing and burning. Dani on the other hand seems very mentally tough, and will be around for a long time. GO CHANDA KICK SOME RUSSIAN BUTT!

On whether she is able to get into Top 10 (June 2002):
I think she will definitely break it, but she won't stay there for long. She'll be like Dementieva, get there for a few weeks, then fall out and never reach it again.

On her Top 10 status (in 2003):
I just think it's a sad commentary when a top 10 player is barely known. I mean, I am an avid tennis fan and can't even think of what Myskina looks like. I don't even blame that on TV coverage because what has Anastasia done to merit getting put on TV??

On her best surface and Grand Slam chances (after USO 2003):
Hardcourts is definitely her best surface. But making QFs of few Slams could mean little. Hantuchova made plenty of those, courtesy of easy draws.

And finally, on her potential success:
I'm a huge Nastya fan, and if she has a career like Rubin, I will be ecstatic.

goldenlox
Nov 19th, 2006, 02:13 AM
This is 2 and a half years AFTER she won a major.

tucker1989
Nov 19th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Wow, great bump!

hwanmig
Nov 19th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Nice, I was reading the first page and I was Huh?? Myskina has won a GS. I'll remember next time the dates on this threads.