PDA

View Full Version : Roddick to host Saturday Night Live

1jackson2001
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:04 PM
http://www.tvtome.com/SaturdayNight...on29.html#ep550

Seems to be right before Houston.

This is a pretty big deal. When was the last time a tennis player hosted the show? Was it Chris Evert?

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Your link doesnt work..

alfajeffster
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Oh good- we finally get to see what a donkey looks like hosting a late night comedy show! :lol:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:21 PM
yeah he probably won't be able to handle it.. but it does some tennis promoting!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:21 PM
He's paired w/ Dave Mathews.. so at least Dave save it

ghosts
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM
http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/001.gif

1jackson2001
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Yup if the link doesn't work just copy paste the URL.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Hope at least this time he uses his one million from the Open to buy some clothes!

Does he know how foolish and disgusting he looked on Letterman with those worn out jeans?! :rolleyes:

gweeny
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:48 PM
The American sweetheart since he has won his 1st slam will be invited to many shows etc. Frankly, I don't like the SNL episodes where they have athletes. Most athletes are not actors (of course Serena is working at it) and they always look awkward and are usually not funny.

CapFan#1
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Very Cool!!! Maybe he will bring Mandy with him so we can all drool over her!!!! I dont get why people here rag on him... he is a great tennis player and seems really down to earth.

Either way this is great for tennis!!!

ptkten
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM
:eek: :eek:

That's amazing news for tennis. It will bring a lot of recognition for not only him but the sport. I thought that when they originally said a tennis player was going to be on the show that it would be for a little part, I didn't realize he would be hosting.

TennisHack
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:28 PM
As if there was any doubt who it would be when Werthless mentioned it weeks ago . . . color me surprised that he didn't wrangle an invitation for his girlfriend to be the musical guest, tho. She's gotten just as much out of his winning the US Open as he has. Funny how that works.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:44 PM
wow I was sure it was going to be Serena and Venus (their tv appearances have been much better than Andy's so far)...but I guess Pmac's reach at NBC is just too high :o

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:47 PM
wow I was sure it was going to be Serena and Venus (their tv appearances have been much better than Andy's so far)...but I guess Pmac's reach at NBC is just too high :o

:lol: ;)

AjdeNate!
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Go Andy!!!!!

Meesh
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I wonder if Mandy will be there for a skit or two? Anyone watch the premiere this weekend? They had a spoof on the Fab 5. It was hystercial.... It was Queer Eye for the Straight Gal :lol: You just had to see it... hard to explain it but it was funny!!!

tennischick
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:19 PM
As if there was any doubt who it would be when Werthless mentioned it weeks ago . . . color me surprised that he didn't wrangle an invitation for his girlfriend to be the musical guest, tho. She's gotten just as much out of his winning the US Open as he has. Funny how that works.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

the cat
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:26 PM
This should be very interesting. Andy Roddick is a natural with his communications skills. Now lets' see if he can pull off being a funny host of SNL.

TH, what did Mandy Moore get out of Andy Roddick winning the U.S. Open? I saw a few clips of her during the final. That's all. I don't see how his winning the Open has helped her career. She was a star before Roddick was a star for whatever that's worth.

Paneru
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:29 PM

:haha:

esquímaux
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:47 PM
:tennis: