PDA

View Full Version : Venus fans please don't set us up for a fall

cool bird
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I have been reading post about Venus coming back for Philly and the EYC. I think this is great but i just hope you do not expect too much from her. She is just coming back form injury and a very hard personl time.
I just see these two touries for, Venus geting back on her feet. So please dont be too upset if she goes out in the early rounds at both tournements. Or gets beat by some body who she would not even break sweat agist normaly, it will come good in the end :worship: :worship:
Rember FORM IS TEMPORAEY CLASS IS PERMENT. :) :)

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:13 PM
I think she will be fine. Advanta is a pretty weak field and Venus is good at playing herself into shape.

gweeny
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I agree with Knizzle. She should be fine, if she has some good practice in her and if she is 100%. But I will not mind if she loses early. I have a feeling that next year, she will be very motivated.

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:26 PM
as long as she is healthy thats all that matters .

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Please. Momma knows what she's doing.

tennnisfannn
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:41 PM
When you are a fan you always expect and want the best for you favourites. Venus and Serena maybe rusty when they get back it is only natural. But then again they have each other, if they can hit together and have some real matches in their own backyard, that is as good as any competition you are gonna get on the tour. I know it is not as effective as having real match practise but it is defintely enough to take care of the early rounds and if Venus makes it to the semis, anything can happen.
Plus venus has always seemed to bounce back quite well in the past and we hope she will be able to do the same.

spooky
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:52 AM
When you are a fan you always expect and want the best for you favourites. Venus and Serena maybe rusty when they get back it is only natural. But then again they have each other, if they can hit together and have some real matches in their own backyard, that is as good as any competition you are gonna get on the tour. I know it is not as effective as having real match practise but it is defintely enough to take care of the early rounds and if Venus makes it to the semis, anything can happen.
Plus venus has always seemed to bounce back quite well in the past and we hope she will be able to do the same.

I agree with you. They always bounce back, but this is a different it was a terrible murder that happen to a love one, that's a whole different ball game but the best part is that they have a strong family who will stand behind them and give them encouragement. I believe if Venus was not ready to come back she would not. Venus is very professional and she is a business woman and she will probably say this is my job and I have to go back to work. I believe once she's on the court she will perform all she needs to do is get past her first match.

bandabou
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:29 AM
I agree with you. They always bounce back, but this is a different it was a terrible murder that happen to a love one, that's a whole different ball game but the best part is that they have a strong family who will stand behind them and give them encouragement. I believe if Venus was not ready to come back she would not. Venus is very professional and she is a business woman and she will probably say this is my job and I have to go back to work. I believe once she's on the court she will perform all she needs to do is get past her first match.

Yeah I think once they are on court, they will forget all other problems and focus on winning their matches. I ony hope that they will play again this year.

Venus clearly is intending to do so, but I havenīt heard a thing about Serena.

tennnisfannn
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM
I agree, Yetunde death was devasting and will continue to be. But the human spirit can be very resilient. Death is a part of life and most people from all proffessions are usually able to get back to work. Over time people learn to cope with loss. Take Justine for example, she lost her mother at a tender age of twelve and still found a way to pursue tennis. Sometimes I wonder where she got the energy to do it but she did. Serena and Venus first matches back maybe marked by sense of emptiness, not to mention how their sense of priorities will have changed and not necessarily for bad. But they have each other which makes a lot of difference. Whatever happens i believe that with time they will return to the top of their game.