PDA

View Full Version : What is Hingis up to these days?

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:40 PM
What is Martina up to?

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:50 PM
I miss Swiss Miss :sad:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I do too!! I wish she hadn't quit!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:54 PM
I think she's learning more English and spending alot of times with her horses, but I'm not sure what else...

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Yeah that's the only thing i've heard on her as well.. horses horses horses..

Smash
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:03 PM
One word - showjumping. She's been competing on a regular basis now and is getting good results. She appeared to be trying to avoid any publicity concerning her showjumping events but the word is out and the press is starting to catch on. She was to compete on a team event this weekend but it has been moved to Oct 11-12th due to bad weather. Right now she seems to be really involved in the sport, perhaps this has been "her" dream all along.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah...us Martina fans are glad she's happy now.. but man tennis misses her

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:29 PM
What is Martina up to?

Who cares?? :rolleyes:

alfajeffster
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:39 PM
One word - showjumping. She's been competing on a regular basis now and is getting good results. She appeared to be trying to avoid any publicity concerning her showjumping events but the word is out and the press is starting to catch on. She was to compete on a team event this weekend but it has been moved to Oct 11-12th due to bad weather. Right now she seems to be really involved in the sport, perhaps this has been "her" dream all along.

And we know how easy show jumping is on the feet!

Martian Willow
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:48 PM

...obviously you do...or you wouldn't have bothered reading this thread, would you...?...fuckwit... :)

TonyP
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Just exactly what do you know about show jumping? Actually, you see, it's the horse that does the jumping. She is sitting in the saddle so there isn't any pressure at all on the heels of her feet.

Aside from jumping, incidentally, she has been doing a number of personal appearances of late. She was recently in London for an event and just conducted a tennis clinic in Tokyo right before the tournament there started.

And, despite the fact that it angers some of her critics here, she continues to make the news no matter where she goes. That's because she has fans all over the world who love her.

Personally, while I think it will take two or three years of hard work on her part, I expect her to make her mark in equestrian sports.

LeonHart
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Martina :sad: :rain:

j_dementieva27
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:15 PM
well.. martina will be in the new xbox game topspin coming out october 28th :) ... otherwise, the swiss miss isnt really doing much

i miss her... i wish she was here playing and healthy :sad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Tennis has survived just fine without hingis. Just like it survived navratilova, and evertt, and graf and etc etc etc...

Why dont you start a showjumping site and carry on your obsession there.

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:28 PM
...obviously you do...or you wouldn't have bothered reading this thread, would you...?...fuckwit... :)

you are right I do care. I want her back on the tour. I want to see Justine tear her ass apart. Thereby, conflicting all you hingis/justine lovers.

Jamie
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:57 PM
BALLBUSTER! It seems like someone really busted your balls (If you have any). WHO CARES? I care thats why I open and reply ONLY to Hingis topics. If Hingis threads irk you, don't open them. I never open threads on people I'm not interested in but,I never begrudge fans that want to post on their favorites. As Martina is my favorite, I appreciate any news on her.

billie_jean_king
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Last thing she told me was that she was looking into obtaining US citizenship and playing Fed Cup for me. Even with crap ankles or whatever it is she has, she can't be any worse than the team I'm going to be left to pick for Moscow.

Martian KC
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Tennis has survived just fine without hingis. Just like it survived navratilova, and evertt, and graf and etc etc etc...

You mean like the US Open did fine without the willis? :lol:

Martian KC
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:10 AM
you are right I do care. I want her back on the tour. I want to see Justine tear her ass apart. Thereby, conflicting all you hingis/justine lovers.

I'd rather see them in a doubles match double bageling the 'sistahs'. :drool:

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:12 AM
I'd rather see them in a doubles match double bageling the 'sistahs'. :drool:

I know I'd loved to see them taking it to Kim and Elke. Juju and Kim can get their frustrations out on the court. Great idea Martian KC!!

*JR*
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:18 AM
BALLBUSTER! It seems like someone really busted your balls (If you have any). WHO CARES? I care thats why I open and reply ONLY to Hingis topics. If Hingis threads irk you, don't open them. I never open threads on people I'm not interested in but,I never begrudge fans that want to post on their favorites. As Martina is my favorite, I appreciate any news on her. No disrespect to Marti, whose game I personally (swiss) miss, but: this is General Messages, NOT Marti's forum here. (And this was NOT titled as a cheering thread, but an open question). Nor was any sort of hate speech directed @ her. So if you can't handle free speech, pro AND con about players, you're in the wrong forum. :eek:

Ryan
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:21 AM

Why dont you kiss my ass? :) People can start threads about whatever they want relating to tennis players, or in this case, former tennis players. This is a fan inquiring what Hingis has been doing lately, deal with it. Noone said tennis hasn't survived fine without her, but that doesn't mean people can't talk about her.

Ballbuster-Whatever. You're a bigger hingis fan then me.

Ryan
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:23 AM
No disrespect to Marti, whose game I personally (swiss) miss, but: this is General Messages, NOT Marti's forum here. (And this was NOT titled as a cheering thread, but an open question). Nor was any sort of hate speech directed @ her. So if you can't handle free speech, pro AND con about players, you're in the wrong forum. :eek:

Is this a Venus forum? What about a Henin or Kim forum? This is General Messages, where -get this- general messages are posted.

heidi2
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I miss her toooooo ! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

*JR*
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Is this a Venus forum? What about a Henin or Kim forum? This is General Messages, where -get this- general messages are posted.
Exactly my point, Ryan! (I was replying to a post that "mistook this" for either the MartiParty forum or a cheering thread). Now regarding the mention of other players, the Swiss Miss dominated the game for 3 years, and thus will ALWAYS be "measured against" other top players, past and present. Some of those remarks will be negative, even mean, ones I may disagree with, etc. (But as you said, this is GM)! The odd thing is that ppl who "live through players" are so devastated by (non hate-speech) remarks most of the top players probably long ago accepted as part of the price of stardom.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:39 PM

This is the BEST news!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Even when she was playing, this was my dream for her. I wanted her to take up either show jumping or three day eventing. Everytime I saw pictures of her with horses, I could see her rapore with them, and from the way she dressed I could see that she was really into the actual care of the horses. It wasn't just a photo op for her. Just her build, her natural balance, and her courage all seemed to be to be suited for competion jumping of some sort. She might not have the patience for dressage, so maybe show jumping is better for her than three day eventing. Anyway, I don't know if it is a dream come true for Martina, but it is for ME. I am thrilled.

Alan
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:40 PM

hahahahah!!! why did you even bother to open this thread if you weren't interested!!! :devil:

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I forgot --

Smash, how do you know this? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

The Swiss press covers equestrian events pretty closely and I haven't seen anything there. Of course, she's not yet competing in the grand prix events, so I'm sure none of her events are covered in the press. No matter what comes of it, it's a great way for her to enjoy her spirit for competition and her love of horses. That little mare she bought seems to be paying off. :)

tennisjam
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:06 PM
riding horses, I guess... :bounce:

...and the sport never did better than when Martina was around...didn't you know she was the one with the biggest attendances on the Tour...so I guess she is indeed missed for quite few reasons... ;)

Jen'sFan
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:12 PM
We all know that horses is what Martina enjoys best so she's doing what she enjoys doing the most. I'm happy for her even if i do miss her.

Daniel
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Martina I miss you so so so so much !!!!!

:kiss:

Jen'sFan
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Martina I miss you so so so so much !!!!!

:kiss:
Dont we all!!

RAA
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
We all know that horses is what Martina enjoys best so she's doing what she enjoys doing the most. I'm happy for her even if i do miss her.

I agree.. It always seemed to me that horse riding was Hingis' PASSION. she liked tennis, but loved her horses.. so i'm glad she can do what she loves now..

Ryan
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I'd hate to drag in results, but Ballbuster's lame responses and attempts at insulting Hingis and other posters are just too annoying.

Hingis doesn't need to drag her ass back to the tour, because she's accomplished more then 95% can ever hope of. She has more title then Venus and Serena, in singles and doubles, with a gagillion more weeks at #1. So, isn't it Venus and Serena who need to drag their bodies back to the court? :confused:

Justinefan
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:33 PM

If you don't have anything worth posting in this thread, then take your comments elsewhere.

Justinefan
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:35 PM
I'd hate to drag in results, but Ballbuster's lame responses and attempts at insulting Hingis and other posters are just too annoying.

Hingis doesn't need to drag her ass back to the tour, because she's accomplished more then 95% can ever hope of. She has more title then Venus and Serena, in singles and doubles, with a gagillion more weeks at #1. So, isn't it Venus and Serena who need to drag their bodies back to the court? :confused:
Your right, Hingis doesn't need to come back.. she was awesome, she accomplished what she wanted and has moved on.. we are just discussing where she is.. ballbuster doesn't get that.

Smash
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:14 PM
I forgot --

Smash, how do you know this? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

The Swiss press covers equestrian events pretty closely and I haven't seen anything there. Of course, she's not yet competing in the grand prix events, so I'm sure none of her events are covered in the press. No matter what comes of it, it's a great way for her to enjoy her spirit for competition and her love of horses. That little mare she bought seems to be paying off. :)

I got most of my info at a Hingis board. The best news source is of coarse a swiss paper. It's in german so you need alta vista to tanslate if you do speak german. The link is Tagblatt.ch. Look under search and you can find quite a few articles regard her jumping events. There should be info this weekend or Monday regarding the upcoming event. They seem to be following her pretty closely right now. I would imagine when she starts jumping at bigger events, she'll get even more coverage. This coverage is a nice change because before, Martina would enter the day of the event and there was no media there of coarse. So if we got any info about her attendence at all, it was weeks later. So now that the media is writing about her, she is being less secretive. It's sort of nice to know in advance.

RYNJ
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:20 PM
IMO, she should give the tour another shot...

TonyP
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:45 PM
It seems to me that this website is open to all tennis fans who behave in a civil manner.

Martina Hingis was for years a major star in this sport, the number one player in the world.

Yes, she is retired now, but she is not dead, just a player in retirement.

It's perfectly natural for her fans to want to keep abreast of her activities, since there are actually quite a few activities, include how she is doing now in another sport. Because no matter how well or how poorly she does there, she will always be the world's former number one woman tennis player.

Even people who are just causual fans of Martina may want to check in occasionally.

So these threads seems perfectly logical to me.

Those who did not like Hingis have a simple solution at their finger tips. Just don't open the Hingis threads and you won't be annoyed.

But let other posters live their own lives.

Ballbuster
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:48 PM
IMO, she should give the tour another shot...

I concur. Come on back Martina. I'm sure that'll make the sistahs excited.

griffin
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:48 PM
also:
"profile"
"Add ___ to your ignore list"

It's a beautiful thing, really :)

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Awww my posts were (probably wisely) deleted ... this time I'll just say it sounds like Martina is enjoying her life after tennis which is great :).

Ballbuster
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Awww my posts were (probably wisely) deleted ... this time I'll just say it sounds like Martina is enjoying her life after tennis which is great :).

Yeah, I was just getting to know you too. You sound like an old dame. How old are you?

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Old enough to know when to quit for one day.

Justinefan
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:29 AM
It seems to me that this website is open to all tennis fans who behave in a civil manner.

Martina Hingis was for years a major star in this sport, the number one player in the world.

Yes, she is retired now, but she is not dead, just a player in retirement.

It's perfectly natural for her fans to want to keep abreast of her activities, since there are actually quite a few activities, include how she is doing now in another sport. Because no matter how well or how poorly she does there, she will always be the world's former number one woman tennis player.

Even people who are just causual fans of Martina may want to check in occasionally.

So these threads seems perfectly logical to me.

Those who did not like Hingis have a simple solution at their finger tips. Just don't open the Hingis threads and you won't be annoyed.

But let other posters live their own lives.
Well put. Don't open threads if you aren't interested in the topic.

Jamie
Oct 9th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Well said Tony P. I agree 100%.

servenrichie
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Without bothering to go thru the whole posts here, shouldnt this be under non-tennis? :p

starr
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:37 PM
showing why it is better to bother with going through at least some of the posts since that suggestion was made early on. :p

starr
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:40 PM
I got most of my info at a Hingis board. The best news source is of coarse a swiss paper. It's in german so you need alta vista to tanslate if you do speak german. The link is Tagblatt.ch. Look under search and you can find quite a few articles regard her jumping events. There should be info this weekend or Monday regarding the upcoming event. They seem to be following her pretty closely right now. I would imagine when she starts jumping at bigger events, she'll get even more coverage. This coverage is a nice change because before, Martina would enter the day of the event and there was no media there of coarse. So if we got any info about her attendence at all, it was weeks later. So now that the media is writing about her, she is being less secretive. It's sort of nice to know in advance.

Thanks so much for the link. I usually look at Blick or NZZ. :)

servenrichie
Oct 9th, 2003, 01:50 PM
showing why it is better to bother with going through at least some of the posts since that suggestion was made early on. :p

Suppose I should have, but it wasnt interesting anyway for a topic on general messages :p

TonyP
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Lots of non-tennis specific items appear under the heading of General Messages. Stories about the murder of Venus and Serena's sister, stories about Steffi Graf giving birth to her second child, countless stories about Kournikova's life.

Strictly speaking, these aren't "tennis" stories either, but they are stories about things affecting current or past champions and they do belong here.

They are just general news about tennis celebrities and if they got hidden away under fan sections, the General Messages section of this board wouldn't be anywhere as good a news source for the tennis fan who wants to keep up with what's going on with the top players and past players and with the sport in general.

sartrista7
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Without bothering to go thru the whole posts here, shouldnt this be under non-tennis? :p

What Tony P said. Don't worry, I never liked Hingis either. You'll get over it once you grow up :)

servenrichie
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:12 AM
What Tony P said. Don't worry, I never liked Hingis either. You'll get over it once you grow up :)

You mean growing up like you? No thanks ;)

Martian KC
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM
You mean growing up like you? No thanks ;)

Don't take it out on the board because you haven't hit puberty yet. :sad:

SerialKiller#69
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Personally, as a *tennis fan*, I'm interested to see what the multiple grandslam champion is up to.

ex hopman
Oct 14th, 2003, 07:49 AM
http://www.saori-obata.com/03-928ibento7.JPG
http://www.yonex.co.jp/tennis/event/0016-festival/image01.jpg
http://www.yonex.co.jp/tennis/event/0016-festival/image05.jpg
http://www.yonex.co.jp/tennis/event/0016-festival/image04.jpg
http://www.yonex.co.jp/tennis/event/0016-festival/image08.jpg
http://www.yonex.co.jp/tennis/event/0016-festival/image07.jpg

SerialKiller#69
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Martina!!!! Who's that girl in her right?

Andre@
Oct 14th, 2003, 10:13 AM
She watched a soccer match in Basel this weekend.
Switzerland vs Ireland

kku
Oct 14th, 2003, 10:22 AM
I miss Martina :sad: She's studying for an English and Marketing degree, so at least she knows what she wants to do.

And does anyone think that the pics exhopman gave show Martina to have gotten less "muscly" (as in, atheletic, not muscular)?

Come back Martina! :sad:

Martian KC
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the picture, Andre! She soo beautiful!:hearts:

Daniel
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks or the pcitures!!!

Martina :worship: :kiss: :hearts:
Who is the guy standing behing Martina?? :o :drool:

Ballbuster
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Look at that Forehead.

LeonHart
Oct 14th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Martina looks great :hearts:

thx for the pics

Martian KC
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Look at that Forehead.

This about the 4th time you posted in this thread. Seems like someone has a crush on her. :lol:

Martian Willow
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:24 PM
...can't keep away, can he...?...although I find the crap he posts more amusing when nobody takes any notice... :)

Kart
Oct 14th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Martina looks very good in that photo of her at the football :hearts:.

ex hopman
Oct 14th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks or the pcitures!!!

Martina :worship: :kiss: :hearts:
Who is the guy standing behing Martina?? :o :drool:

That's Mario Ancic. He uses Yonex too.

Who's that girl in her right?

Which pic are you talking? same one?
If so, that's Rika Fujiwara. Ai's former doubles partner.
From left to right,
Shinobu Asagoe
Maria Kirilenko
Mario Ancic
Martina
Rika Fujiwara
Akiko Morigami
Goichi Motomura and his son
Saori Obata (back)
Toshihide Matsui
Satoshi Iwabuchi
Thomas Shimada (great doubles player!)

Daniel
Oct 14th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks exhopman :)
Mario looks cute :drool:
anyways, Martina looks beautiful :D :kiss:

SerialKiller#69
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Maria Kirilenko looks like Anna.

starr
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:18 AM
She watched a soccer match in Basel this weekend.
Switzerland vs Ireland

Is that her boyfriend next to her?

Not so impressed with that guy in the picture, so I hope not. :)

Doris Loeffel
Oct 15th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Starr yes I believe it's that Egger guy ;)

And she actually was in Zurich last night (probably the whole week ;) ) celebrating the 20. birthday of the now called Swisscom Challenge. She must have folowed some matches too - according to a friend who was there. Will try to find pics for you guys.

Cilla
Oct 15th, 2003, 01:35 PM
In Zurich :D

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/maleevaclijsterhing1015web.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/clijstershingis1015web.jpg

Chance
Oct 15th, 2003, 03:17 PM
nice pics.

Martian KC
Oct 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM
LMAO! Kim looks too eager in the last pic.:lol:

fleemkeģ
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I found this and I really wanted to share it with you guys :)

http://www.swisscom-challenge.com/media/pictures/players-party_1.jpg
http://www.swisscom-challenge.com/media/pictures/players-party.jpg

Martian KC
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:51 PM
ROTF! Thanks fleemke!;)

Diya
Oct 15th, 2003, 09:58 PM
:hearts: Martina

:hearts: Kim

Thanks a million for those pics !!

Daniel
Oct 15th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Nice pics

irinska
Oct 16th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Martina looks great . And Stefan is kind of cute .

treufreund
Oct 16th, 2003, 08:25 AM
HINGIS :hearts:

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2003, 04:29 PM
:bounce: :worship: :bounce: :kiss:

Andre@
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Is that her boyfriend next to her?

Not so impressed with that guy in the picture, so I hope not. :)

Yes He is Martina's boyfriend.

I think you are rigth .
Take a look at him in this pic.

Daniel
Oct 16th, 2003, 10:14 PM
thanks Andre :)