PDA

View Full Version : Justine def. Martinez 6-0 7-6

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Dont' know what happened in the second set.. but Good Job Justine!

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Conchita played much better in the second set. That's what happened.

justine&coria
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Conchita only won 4 points in the first set !!!!!!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks Kart;)

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
You're welcome ;)

nygirl
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Dont' know what happened in the second set..

What always tends to happen when Justine isn't feeling the heat...she looses concentration, I've seen it happen many times before. She needs to work on that.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:12 PM
That is very true.. she experienced that in her early round us open matches

justine&coria
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Maybe, she was too occupied by counting the number of points she was letting to Conchita ! Because, at the end of the match, she knew she only gave 4 points to her in the 1st set !
LOL

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:25 PM
hahahaha.. That could be the case!! She should stop trying to count and just close out those matches;)

propi
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:02 PM
I was lucky enough to see only from 2-5 and COnchi played great since them :)

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:20 PM
2-5 in the second was a good time to start watching if you are a Conchita fan.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:45 PM
all the times justine has played conchita she always bagels her in one of the set

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Juju said that it may have been the best set she has played all year.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:48 PM
kni, where do you get this? is it in the post match interview? ooh, do you get coverage?? let me know :)

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:50 PM
kni, where do you get this? is it in the post match interview? ooh, do you get coverage?? let me know :)

No, I read an article on it and there was a quote from Juju. I will post immediately.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:51 PM
thanks. you're a doll!

propi
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:55 PM
2-5 in the second was a good time to start watching if you are a Conchita fan.
I know ;)

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM
The article has changed since I read it earlier, or maybe I just read it wrong, but anyway she says she played nearly perfect in the first set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henin-Hardenne advances to quarterfinals at Porsche Tennis GP

October 7, 2003
FILDERSTADT, Germany (Ticker) - Justine Henin-Hardenne is back to her winning ways.

Henin-Hardenne, who had won 22 straight matches before losing in the final at Leipzig last week, posted a straight-sets win in the second round of the $650,000 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix on Tuesday.

The second seed from Belgium, Henin-Hardenne defeated Spaniard Conchita Martinez, 6-0, 7-6 (7-1), to reach the quarterfinals for the 16th time this season. Henin-Hardenne blew a 5-2 lead in the second set but was able to recover.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It's good to in the first match to be tested a little bit," said Henin-Hardenne, who had won three straight tournaments before losing to Russian Anastasia Myskina at Leipzig. "I was playing unbelievable in the first set, nearly perfect, and then at the end of the second set she started playing better.

"Conchita has a lot of experience and she knows how to turn a match. I helped her a lot for sure and wasn't aggressive enough, but I finally came through in the tiebreak."

Henin-Hardenne leads the WTA Tour with seven titles this season, one more than world No. 2 Kim Clijsters. Henin-Hardenne reached the final here in 2001, but was ousted in the first round last year.

Clijsters, the top-seeded Belgian, faces Slovakian Daniela Hantuchova in the second round on Wednesday.

Hantuchova, who is seeking her first title of the year, cruised to a 6-3, 6-4 win over American qualifier Lisa Raymond.

Three other first-round matches took place Tuesday. French wild card Mary Pierce routed qualifier Cara Black of Zimbabwe, 6-2, 6-0; Bulgarian Magdalena Maleeva defeated Yugoslavian Jelena Dokic, 7-5, 6-0; and Russian Elena Bovina dispatched Colombian qualifier Fabiola Zuluaga, 6-2, 6-4.

American Lindsay Davenport, the 2001 winner, is the third seed, followed by countrywoman Jennifer Capriati and Amelie Mauresmo of France. Mauresmo reached the final at Moscow. Chanda Rubin and Myskina, the Moscow champion, round out the top eight seeds.

This Tier II indoor event has a first prize of $93,000.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Thanks Kni, :kiss:

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Thanks Kni, :kiss:

Whoa there buckaroo, you can save the kiss for your mother, no offense. ;)

slice
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:14 AM
conchi rules :hearts: