PDA

View Full Version : Magdalena Maleeva def. Jelena Dokic 7-5 6-0

ghosts
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Someone saw that match on TV :angel: :bounce: :banana:

GoGoMaggie
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Finally Maggie snapped her own losing streak at the dispense of another slumping player, Jelena.
I wished both of them would have won. One of them had to lose still.. As Maggie is my absolute favorite, I couldn't complain a bit about how it turned out though I feel sorry for Jelena fans...
Anyways, congrats Maggie. You can do some damage on the field!!!

Bероника
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Congrats Maggie!!!

Beat
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
ouch. again.

congrats, maggie! :D

Venus Forever
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Great Job Magdalena :bounce:

CanadianBoy21
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:29 PM
:lol: , and :lol: again
I wonder how much longer Jelena will be in the top 30, if she is not out already.

Great job Maggie!

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Well it's a loss she wouldn't have had this time last year perhaps but Maleeva is a good player so it's not a disaster really.

Congratulations Maggie :D

ghosts
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/love/433.gif

RAA
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:24 PM
okay, I think maggie is a good player and overall is havnig a very good year..
but dokic should NOT get BAGELED by her. that shows me an extreme lack of DESIRE to win that match.

dokic has got to get her head together. she has the tools but something is sorely missing from her play lately...

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:26 PM
but dokic should NOT get BAGELED by her. that shows me an extreme lack of DESIRE to win that match.

dokic has got to get her head together. she has the tools but something is sorely missing from her play lately...

Yeah, can you say: TANK?! Man, this girl doesn´t have any fighting spirit whatsoever! She just comes to take her $5000 or so for her first round. Damn.

Dava
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:33 PM
OMG Jelena

No fire or desire, just trudging through the motions.

SM
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
lol gogomaggie we are so used to jlena losing, and would have been quite indifferent had she beaten maggie cos she woulda bowed out in r2 or r3 anyway ;)...hope jelena puts in more effort in her next event

ghosts
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah, can you say: TANK?! Man, this girl doesn´t have any fighting spirit whatsoever! She just comes to take her $5000 or so for her first round. Damn.
:lol:

GoGoMaggie
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:58 AM

No way Maggie is having a "very good" year overall by any stretch. She has hardly beat anyone ranked above her. She's having a disappointing year if not as bad as Jelena's or Daniela's. Maggie is a streaky player so I still believe she has an outside chance to take home a Porsche though.

propi
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Great for Maggie, I hope she can do well :)

Petersmiler
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Oh Jelena! Not only could you take some tennis lessons from Maggie, but you could take some after match interview lessons too. Maggie was interviewed court side and seemed so gracious. A little sneaky smile when she said, 'Yes, I liked her double faults!'

Oh, and if anyone is in any doubt, she also said the players def come here for the cars and the treatment!

oddkayla
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:06 PM
What's new?

ghosts
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:01 PM
did she said that :eek: :) :)

schris
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Congrats Maggie :)