PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova def. Raymond

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:55 PM
The way Hantuchova has been playing.. i am actually surprised to see she had such an easy win over Lisa Raymond.. How do you think Daniela will play this week? Do you think she will get back in the top 10?

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Congrats DAni :D

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:13 PM
All of her fans are very proud of her fighting spirit that has seen her re-capture last year's form. I can see her flying again this week! :bounce:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:16 PM
It'd be nice to see her do well! It's obvious she would like to!

Mase
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Congrats Dani!!!!!

Whatzup
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Wow Congrats Dani :D :bounce: :woohoo:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Next round she'll face..eeeee. Clijsters...I know this is my Daniela thread.. but this is relavent... has Clijsters confirmed she is playing?? I know her name is on the draw..but she's continued to say she wasn't sure..

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:35 PM
It's player-psychology; she'll play and play well so Danka will have to be at her best in order to win. I'm sure she will be at her best and am praying for her to do well because she deserves to :bounce:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Good luck Daniela!

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Congratulations Daniela :)

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:29 PM
If she plays like she did today, and Clijsters has a bad ankle, she could pull it off...she has to actually show up though :sad:

Lady
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I liked the way she played today.

I guess she improved her serve much :D
And she didn't get frustrated after silly mistakes from her and kept her cool on the break points.

I liked her attitude today :)

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Good attitude is key for Daniela.. if the same Dani shows up tomorrow.. i like her chancse..

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:13 PM
She always applies herself the best she can and has never let me down, even when results haven't been her way.

X-Lurker
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:29 PM
The way Hantuchova has been playing.. i am actually surprised to see she had such an easy win over Lisa Raymond.. How do you think Daniela will play this week? Do you think she will get back in the top 10?

She's been improving physically so it shouldn't be that big a surprise - she beat Kuznetsova two weeks ago.

I definitely don't think she'll get back to the top ten before the end of the year but I'd be shocked if she didn't make it back sometime next year.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Has Hantuchova beaten Clijsters already??

JLDementieva
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Congrats Daniela!! Keep this great play up and you'll beat Kim!!

LeonHart
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:59 PM
If Hantuchova loses tomorrow, what will her rank be? I know she was a finalist last year...

ptkten
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:05 PM
I think she might fall below #16 depending on what other people do this week which would be pretty sad...but at least she's improving. A couple of months ago, she would have never been able to beat Kuznetsova and Raymond.

¤CharlDa¤
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Daniela :bounce:

Great amtch here! I wish you all my luck and beat Kim for me :D

jenny161185
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Has she put on any weight or a least looking like she can hit with the big babes - Like to see her beat KIMMIE but it'll be very tough

GrahamD
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:23 PM

And she didn't get frustrated after silly mistakes from her and kept her cool on the break points.

Spot on :yeah:

Dani played a very mature game today, it was very encouraging to watch. :) :bounce:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I think Daniela has the potential to beat kim.. especially when she's injured.. No one is really thinking about this match tomorrow.. Capriati vs. Pierce will be good..but this is also could be a great match up..

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:43 PM
She looks transformed and I'm very confident.

The scenario for improvement involves that statement: "things are gonna get worse before they get better". Of course, I'm referring to her ranking.

beauty_is_pink
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:33 AM

:woohoo: :yeah:

Congrats Daniela! great match! :hug:

Good Match Lisa! :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Didn't Raymond lose to Douchevina in Moscow?
I expected Dani to win in 2 sets - you all sound so surprised she won in 2 :p

Has Hantuchova beaten Clijsters already??

No H2H
3-0 for Kim

2003 Berlin QF Kim won 6-0 6-3
2002 Filderstadt Final Kim won 4-6 6-3 6-4
2000 Antwerp R32 Kim won 7-6 (6) 6-1

I'm a Kimmie fan and love her but honestly Hantuchova will win this one

azza
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:28 AM
kimmie will win :)

bracey
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Well, we hope Danka wins of course but Kim is a top player and she'll want to make as many advances as she can in order to retain top spot.

We're not so surprised Dani won but it's the manner in which she did it, i.e. never losing her competitive edge and playing with a smile on her face. These were some of the traits that eluded her at Flushing Meadows.

So, COME ON DANKA!!!

danielkafan
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Honestly I think that Danielka is in a better shape than at Wimby for exsample. She has put on some weight and her overall game is a bit improved- especially her second serve, what is very important against Kim. Also her netgame becomes better and better. Kim now is suffering from an injury so she couldn't practise well since Leipzig and also there is alot of pressure on her as the World Nr. One and defending champion. So Kim maybe try to finish points very fast in order to overcome her injury. Daniela has to move her around- and Kim will struggle with movement and alot of UE's. So I won't be suprised at all to see Daniela at the quarter's! Daniela has to serve well (high precentage of first Serve) and shouldn't make much UE's and should move her from angel to angel, play with variation- short, long, and should try to go often to the net. I doubt, that Kim will be fit engough to compete with a good playing Daniela!

So we will see......

Kirt12255
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:26 AM
:wavey: Congrats Dani...at least Dokic's bad form has taken some of the pressure of her.

I truely hope she takes the whole thing (Unlikely I agree), just to prove to people that thin does not mean Bulimic or Anorexia.

To all you pre-pubesent school children who claim to be dieticians...no McDonalds will not help her...Dani is purely going through a change majority of women her age do.

I have a thin build....however still send down the second fastest serve in our league...build is irrelevant.

The reason I say those Dani haters are Pre-Pubesent .

a) They are immortalised by TV advertising
b) To build a body.... McDonalds will do zero, try posting with pasta
c) Will they admit they were wrong when Dani wins a slam?

The mind ponders

bracey
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Your optimism means a lot to us Daniela fans.

Not only has her determination and work-ethic elevated her back on track but nerves of steel in order to shrug off cynical press. She is being rewarded for being a winner and we, her fans, are being rewarded for being loyal and witnessing what means more to us than many things in life: A happy, smiling and in-form Dani :worship:

SerialKiller#69
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Go Dani!I'm sending you positive thoughts.:kiss:

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the reports! I was encouraged when I saw her win over Raymond. These days back to back wins at a tournament are to be celebrated. :)

It's great to know that Daniela stayed calm on the court. That's very important to her.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Love to see the face back with the round cheeks. :)

http://193.155.96.61/porsche-tennis/de/picture.asp?xMax=120&yMax=300&url=/cms/upload/6494-361Hant16.jpg&zoom=yes