PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne to skip Fed Cup

Jarrett
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne to skip Fed Cup

October 7, 2003

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) -- Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne will skip the Fed Cup, leaving Belgium without the world's Nos. 1 and 2 players for next month's semifinal against the United States.

The top-ranked Clijsters complained the tournament should not be held in Moscow because of poor attendance when the event was there two years ago.

Henin-Hardenne, the U.S. Open and French Open champion, pulled out last month because of a back injury.

Els Callens, ranked 84th, will lead the team Nov. 19-20, the Belgian federation said Tuesday. Belgium's second player, Caroline Maes, is ranked No. 243.

The other semifinal in Moscow is between Russia and France. The final is Nov. 22-23 in Moscow.

Belgium won the Fed Cup two years ago when Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne played in the final. This year, Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne led Belgium past Austria and Slovakia with 5-0 victories to reach the semifinals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-belgium-fedcup&prov=ap&type=lgns

:rolleyes:

ys
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Idiots.

Who cares though.

We'll win the fed cup this year.
Belgium won't make it to the finals next year.
Clijsters will do a dokic next year.
Henin will struggle with injuries next year.
Belgium just skipped its last chance in years.

treufreund
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Kim and Justine should follow their convictions. They are not IDIOTS. :rolleyes:

Besides no matter gives a flying fuck about fed cup. they don't even try to advertise like they do Davis Cup. Same thing with the tour championship. The WTA does NOTHING whereas the ATP widely publicizes their tourney! :mad:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM
They are certainly not idiots.. but you would think there would be something more behind not playing than simply location?

treufreund
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:02 PM
justine's reason was not due to location but I have noticed that KIM, JUSTINE and all of the other top players except AMELIE have AVOIDED MOSCOW??? Is it the fans or what is the reason???

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:05 PM
They are afraid of "fans" like ys.;) :rolleyes:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:06 PM
hahaha maybe that is it... Evil people are trying to make it seem like they hate each other!! Which i don't believe is true!

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:56 PM
What a liar. Henin should have the guts to tell the truth. "I'm not playing Fed Cup because of back injury, yet I'm playing Liezpig, Filderstat, Linz, and The Championships". :rolleyes: A month before the Fed Cup.

tennnisfannn
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM
What a liar. Henin should have the guts to tell the truth. "I'm not playing Fed Cup because of back injury, yet I'm playing Liezpig, Filderstat, Linz, and The Championships". :rolleyes: A month before the Fed Cup.
I have also wondered about that and figured that she proably will be seeking (and probably has scheduled) treatment for a possibly on going problem.

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Again, she doesn't want to strain her ongoing back injuries. GEEZ, you willifans!:rolleyes:

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Again, she doesn't want to strain her ongoing back injuries. GEEZ, you willifans!:rolleyes:

Please, cut the excuses Henin fans :rolleyes: . This girl was whinning all summer about how she wanted the Finals to be held on clay and in Belgium. If she does have a back problem, a "I am getting ongoing treatment for a back injury and I dont want to strain it anymore than I have to" would've not made her look like a lying ass.

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Umm...some quotes will be helpful for your accusations, because it seems you have confused Justine with clijster's complaints.:haha:

tenn_ace
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:13 AM
dissapointed, but who really cares?

as I said before, when the FedCup is in Belgium next year, Russia should send 2 club players... from Spartak.

ys
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:25 AM
dissapointed, but who really cares?

as I said before, when the FedCup is in Belgium next year, Russia should send 2 club players... from Spartak.

LOL. That could be enough to defend. But as I said, it won't be in Belgium next year. To hold it you have to qualify for finals and they won't qualify.