PDA

View Full Version : JelenaD should stop for 2003, shes so unwilling to play, its a desaster

ChrisGermany
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Im currently watching Eurosport and shes 5-7 0-3 0:30 against Maggie Maleeva.

Look at her eyes, they look empty
Look at her moves, they are hectic
Look at her fitness, shes unfit
Look at her serve motion, its erratic
Look at her groundstrokes, they miss the lines terribly

I wonder when this girl realizes -for her own sake- that she decided last year to stop playing 30 events a year. Yes, she lost early and one match isnt really "a tournament" among those 30 events played, but if she goes on to play Zurich Linz and maybe Advanta, what a joke is this.

Shes the "Hantuchova" of the indoor season at the moment, the girls LOVE to play her just to get the bonus points and she herself takes places in main draws that force others like Suarez to play qualifying.

Jelena should rest, shes not willing to play, she looks around, in the crowds, everywhere as if being haunted and cannot wait to serve and then serves a double-fault. What happens to her 2003 is a drama.

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Yes, I think I agree with what you are saying.

Sometimes, I think we can forget that more tournaments=more capital.

5-7, 0-6 shows a complete and utter capitulation and I wonder whether her infamous split with Enrique has anything to do with it.

FLL
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I always thought she was overated! She's proving it this year...

Keith
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Face it, Jelena has burned out. Every week, she is somewhere new playing tennis. The sad thing is that she can't seem to get enough of it. There is no career longevity in playing 27-30 tournaments a year. Dokic will be out of tennis in 2 years.

Keith
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:28 PM
to be fair, I always felt Jen wasted her talent in her career, but she took a long time off and a long road back. Jen's comeback was a huge shock, and many had written her off. However, there are so many differences between the two. While Jen got sick of the mental pressures, Jelena is crashing and burning over the mental and physical part. While of course there is some hope for Dokic, that window closes every week she plays.

Mattographer
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Please skip rest of the season, Jelena!! :rolleyes:

Daniel
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Hope she skips the rest of the season

ChrisGermany
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:53 PM
But I definetly doubt it that she skips.

What to do with the rest of the year if not playing ?

Zurich is so near, Linz as well, shes definetly going to play in both. But its sort of strange she adds doubles to her schedule each week too, thats so much tennis in a tournament. She learns nothing.

Look at Kims reduced schedule. Im definetly supporting her ambition of 15 events. Shes to play in 10-12 events in doubles too Im sure if staying with Ai. But thats not in danger of being burned out if resting enough.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Whats wrong with this girl?!No fighting spirit whatsoever! If she loses a set, she loses the match! Has anybody been bageled so much this year?!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:45 PM
It seems as though every time she plays her self confidence gets ripped to shreds a little more.. Doesn't she play more tours than anyone?? She's no where near qualifying for LA so why nto just take some time off and get it together..

Keith
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:51 PM
You have to think that there is someone telling her to take some time off. It makes no sense at all why she keeps playing a rigorous schedule. Surely, she knows she needs to. I don't know what she is waiting for. It seems pretty clear to me that she has NO intention of taking any time off. Maybe when her rank falls out of the top 50 and she plays through qualifying, but I doubt it even then.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:53 PM
As much as she plays.. it's hard to believe her ranking is so bad.. She has had some troubles.. she needs to get her head back in the game..

ChrisGermany
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:01 PM
The fact that nearly makes me ANGRY not WORRYING is that she HERSELF decides to enter all these events instead of resting. And she even commits herself to doubles and makes her partners angry when going out early again after having lost in singles.

Who gives 100% in doubles when going out in singles ?

The tragic thing is that she will regard the AO season as her season break and this would normally be her breakthrough definetly.

Imagine Dokic playing under such immense pressure in Australia with skipping nationality and stuff. This is the difficulty professionals sometimes have to face to get through it and get stronger mentality and learn the will to fight.

What Dokic lacks is not only the will to win but also the will to decide for herself whats clever for her. She only plays plays plays and theres no plan at all behind that: Fall 2001 was extremely strange : Brazil with September 11th in it, Japan, Germany, Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, what was that all about ?! Earning money ?!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Jelena needs to figure herself out. On and off the court. What does she need to do different to play well and better than her opponent? She is a 1 dimensional player I THINK. But I know Jelena will come strong in the mid-early 2004 Season with all the work she's put in her game the past months :)

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Did she play Oz this year ?

I always think that Jelena plays too much because she thinks she's got to make up for missing a grand slam (it's really no big deal Jelena !)

tenn_ace
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM
not to justify anything her daddy did in the past, but Jelena seems to do even worse without him...

a question is not whether, but when she will back with Damir.

Whatzup
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:08 PM
I think that she will play in Pattaya too! :lol:

But she has really to take a rest. Go on vacation or something for a few weeks! Rest, and after that you can PRACTISE for some weeks to get some matchrhythm and than start playing in Australia!! And play not more than 20 tournaments next year! :D

SM
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:23 PM
she shouldnt be playing top tournaments anymore, and she needs to cut back her schedule...to put it succinctly

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:26 PM
This is sad. Stop beating on her. Give her a break.

Can't you see she's already broken.

jbone_0307
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:26 PM
The only reason why Jelena had such a good indoor season 2001 was because of September 11 and none of the American players were entered except Monica Seles.

Crazy Canuck
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Perhaps she plays all the time as a means of escaping her problems... which of course, results in even more problems. It's an ugly cycle :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:27 PM
She should do what every player in a slump should do.
Play lower level tournaments. Win some matches. Build her confidence back up.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:30 PM
she NEEDS to skip the rest of the season and reevaluate her life. Come back fresh and clean for the AUSOpen and hope you make it to the 4thR and just work your way up from there. Girl, it's not worth playing everyweek hoping you'll eventually find your form back! You're ruining your career!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:07 AM
She should take a break and come back fresh next season I agree. This season is going nowhere and she looks unhappy on the court, to say the least...:sad:

j_dementieva27
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:08 AM
she looks so :sad: on the court... i dont think she will stop playing though... poor girl

Car Key Boi
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:28 AM
5-7, 0-6 shows a complete and utter capitulation and I wonder whether her infamous split with Enrique has anything to do with it.

REMINDER: After getting dumped by her THICK VEINY BRAZILIAN cock, the uber-babe immediately went out and found herself some new THICK VEINY CROATIAN cock so i don't think the split is a factor for her capitulation

she's been playing like that for a long time now

slice
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:31 AM
she is just mentally exhausted after the year she's had and i think it stems back to eastbourne 2002 where they put her, the number 1 seed, on a crappy court and decided to putt navraitolva on centre court insted :rolleyes: then the family troubles started and her loss 2 bovina just fucked her up completely... then her dad and boyfriend drama has severely effected jelena's game! she just needs a good break 2 get perspective so she can power bak to the top 5 next year where she belongs!

i mean look at who she beat last year:
-capriati
-seles
-henin
-kournikova (when she was playing fkn great!)
-myskina
-came close to clijsters a few times but had to retired in one of them being down 4-6 4-4 and the other went 2 3!

we no she has the game but her mental strength must improve!

jelena :hearts:

jd4eva
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:22 AM
i just hope she relaxes the rest of the season. she looks so :sad: and devastated out there. i'm just looking forward to next year, where i'm sure the break will do her some good.

Kirt12255
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:56 AM
OK...I havn't posted in a while and thought I should throw my 2 cents worth in here (so bare with me here). :wavey:

First of all...I will be honest and say that I have been far from nice about Jelena in the past few months, being Australian.

I'll start off by saying that I feel sorrow for her as I never have before, I may not like her, but I see all the crap she has had to deal with and it's more than I think we can comprehend.

During the critical years for Jelena growing up, teenage-hood, here in Australia she had a culture of great sportspeople coming home from overseas and relaxing....Jelena doesn't have that option anymore. Jelena and her father have become the "Butt" of many jokes on shows like Rove and the Panel. For those that aren't Australian...we are extremely peroquial (sp?) and proud of our sports-people. Jelena first snobbed Australia as a puppett under Drama-Damir and then managed a second time by herself. If Jelena were to play the Australian Open next year...it would be front page news and the pressure through that would not help her flailing tennis in a bit.

Jelena (more than likely moreso her dad) has snobbed the opportunity to work with Roache, Cawley (Nee Goolagong), Bowrey, Woodforde, Newcombe etc etc...everyone of them champions but snobbed by her "camp".

I have an explanation for that. Since being a young child she looked up to her father and being such a psychotic man he is (no normal person lies on a road in England and throw tantrums in a public place),

Dickhead-Damir has managed to take many things away from his purse (Jelena). If Jelena had other interests I would reccomend her taking the rest of the year off and seeing her friends she still has in Sydney (Disguised) from her High-School days...when she was grounded.

To have a father say he "Doesn't want to have anything to do with her" would kill the heart of any daughter.

I guess to a certain extent there is comfort in the tour for Jelena at the moment...at least it is consistant! If I were to put it another way I would place her as a trapeeze artist in a touring circus, the tour IS Jelena's rock and family at the moment.

I don't think we can truely understand the mind of a young lady who has been to hell and back and continually has it rubbed in their face.

We all love this game...politics create money for papers, promoters, tournaments, the WTA, endorsements etc etc...at the end of the day...Jelena is still a kid at heart...and the thing we forget...she's human.

Anyhow just my thoughts.

Cheers Kirt :wavey:

slice
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:12 AM
spot on kirt! :banana:

Kirt12255
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Just wanted to continue...felt my last post was too long so stopped...but looking at it ...wasn't I guess LOL.

I truely believe the way for Jelena to get out of this, is to return to Australia...all it would take for her is to win a Fed-Cup match against whoever and she would be forgiven by the press here. It's completely up to her.

Unforntunately yes her father WAS a positive for her tennis...she was aggressive (I believe because her father was pissing her off)...what does she have for inspiration now? A country she hadn't been in since she was pushing a button on the back of a doll to make it pee?

Jelena needs Australia....Australian Womens Tennis needs Jelena...however it is completely up to her....she needs to show maturity and come here and appologise...and put her father in an institution!! :wavey:

I think I have the answer....I'm going to Kidnap Damir...have him tied...and slap him across the face with a piece of Salmon every 4 hours until Jelena plays a Fed-Cup match for Australia :wavey:

MLF
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Well until this week I would have totally agreed with the title of this thread. Obviously Jelena knew something we didn't - she must've been working hard with faith that results would come.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Lol. This thread it soo stupid after she has just won over KIM :D

GoDominique
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, this thread is stupid now - but I'm stupid too because I thought exactly the same last week.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 18th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Oh don't be cruel now ;)

Mercury Rising
Oct 18th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Hope she skips the rest of the season
Still feeling this way? ;)