PDA

View Full Version : Sanex Heroes remove Seles from their list

great smash
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Though I'm ready to admit that maybe the whole Sanex Heroes competition is not really producing what it should and just showing which player has the most (voting) fans, their last move is rather stupid.

As it seems Monica was in contention to win the trophy for the 2nd year running (though she hardly played this season). Now apparently they must have thought it wouldn't look good if she would win it again, so the just removed her from the final voting round.

Or does anyone have another explanation why she has been removed from the list. Quite a stupid move I think.
:rolleyes:

Anyway congrats Justine with the trophy you are now about to win!

mishar
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Well the whole contest is stupid if you ask me. What does it measure except who's a fan favorite? I'm afraid Monica would win it every year, and the whole thing would look ridiculous.

AjdeNate!
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:49 PM
She removed herself from contention.

per4ever
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:51 PM
you can win that trophy only once I believe...

gladysharon
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
So who is correct?! :confused:

Kart
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:21 PM
All I have to say about this competition now is :rolleyes:.

If Monica removed herself from contention: :(, but she's still :hearts:.

Dennis
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:21 PM
You said it yourself, she hardly played, why would she be a "sanex hero" this year?

You should first read what this award is about, before you make that kind of comment.

From the Sanex Hero site :

"The Sanex Heroes Award will honour the player whose self belief and determination are an inspiration to others and a credit to the sport."

This year or last year is not mentioned there, I am affraid!

No doubt that Monica is the only one who could win this award year after year.

treufreund
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:56 PM
classy move by Monica. she should not hold the trophy year after year especially not this year when she hardly played.

next year she can come back strong and win it again!!! :D

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:58 PM
I"m pretty sure the competition doesn't have to do with how often you played this year.. Monica won last year didn't she?? can you win more than once?? Why did she take herself out??

Anna F'd Enrique
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:02 PM
omg why would Justine win!!!! She seems like a brat!

Bероника
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:07 PM
:( I'm not voting anymore.I respect Justine a lot but she's not what I'd call a hero.

Come back soon,Monica!!! Tennis really needs you!!!

fleemke³
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Per4ever is right! You can only win that trophy once ;)

Go Justine!

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:56 PM
well Justine isnt my hero thats for sure!

Alek
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Now I'll convince all Monica Seles fans to vote for Asa and make her win.

That would be great :devil:

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:00 PM
its so suspicious why the results seem to have Justine in a HUGE lead as a hero? It was always the same thing when Martina was playing which i didnt mind hehe.

R&J
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM
You should first read what this award is about, before you make that kind of comment.

"The Sanex Heroes Award will honour the player whose self belief and determination are an inspiration to others and a credit to the sport."

This year or last year is not mentioned there, I am affraid!

Exactly - the award has nothing to do with what you did results wise. It has to do with the player who's "self belief and determination are an inspiration to others and a credit to the sport."

And Monica has already given so much to the game. She has gotten so many people interested into tennis. Current pros and recreational players. She definately deserves to win this award again, but I guess she felt bad about winning it 2 times in a row - so she is letting someone else win. She has been leading every round - now Justine is a mile ahead of 2nd place. She will definately win it now.

R&J
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Per4ever is right! You can only win that trophy once ;)

Go Justine!
Is that a fact - I am asking honestly - cause I really dont know - if thats the case, why even put her in the 1st round of voting? Just to get all the Monica fans to vote her through and then go "oh, Looks like Monica will win again, well we did have the stipulation that you can only win 1 time, so I guess we better pull her name." That doesnt sound right - if thats the case, then you would think that they would not have even put her name in, for this year.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:16 PM
actually, if you ask me, it has a lot to do with who's fans are creative enough to come up with more fake email addresses than their competition :p

R&J
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
actually, if you ask me, it has a lot to do with who's fans are creative enough to come up with more fake email addresses than their competition :p
So what are you saying? That Justine's fans are cheating?

AjdeNate!
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Vote Karolina Sprem!
Shock the world!
Defy Gravity!

Well, I dunno about the gravity thing, but....

mboyle
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:39 AM

Like idol like fan:rolleyes: .

USST_TOUR
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:01 AM
Vote for Chanda !

hingis-seles
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:10 AM
boo! :(

faboozadoo15
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:28 AM
mboyle-- what the hell is that supposed to mean?????

anyway-- they get your ip, i believe... my sister couldn't even vote under her email address on this comp...

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:34 AM

no, I'm saying that Sanex Heroes has a poor way of tabulating results. Stop twisting my words :ras:

treufreund
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:22 AM
that's bull. my friend mark tried to vote from my computer and it would not work for him. I hardly think Justine fans are getting new IP's just to vote twice. :rolleyes:

fleemke³
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Is that a fact - I am asking honestly - cause I really dont know - if thats the case, why even put her in the 1st round of voting? Just to get all the Monica fans to vote her through and then go "oh, Looks like Monica will win again, well we did have the stipulation that you can only win 1 time, so I guess we better pull her name." That doesnt sound right - if thats the case, then you would think that they would not have even put her name in, for this year.

Well stephane from Sanex told the webmaster of Justine :p So I guess it's true .. and why Monica was on the list? Don't know maybe they just take the top100?

You can't say the results doesn't count at all in this award. Ok other things also count but only for 2003 ... and I don't think that Monica has done those great things this year because she wasn't on the courts and news that much.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I don't remember reading anywhere that you can only win this trophy twice :confused:.

Anyway I doubt the Sanex heroes staff is that stupid that they'd manage to forget to not include the only person who has won this title before :rolleyes:.

Either she removed herself from contention or they removed her because they wanted someone else to win (and frankly at this stage there is only one person who's going to win :rolleyes: ).

Either way to me there are two issues - loads of people voted for Monica using our own email addresses ... does that mean she won't get our messages and more importantly does that mean we've lost our chance to vote now ?

I am overreacting of course :rolleyes: because it's just an e-vote competition and Justine (although not my choice) is probably a worthy winner despite those accusing her of being a cheat :rolleyes: (GET OVER IT ALREADY).

Still, when she's presented the award at the YEC I'm sure she would say that she would have liked to have won it in a fair contest, which this is not :rolleyes:.

So like I said before, all I have to say about this competition this year is :rolleyes:.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:39 PM
And yes I've rolled my eyes so much that I've got a headache :(.

per4ever
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM

players like navratilova, Graf, Hingis were never an inspiration then?:rolleyes:

Justine has lots of selfbelief and determination. She is an inspiration for others to reach the top. What did Monica do this year to deserve this award???

R&J
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:07 PM
no, I'm saying that Sanex Heroes has a poor way of tabulating results. Stop twisting my words :ras:
You know that it was a pun joke - cause of the whole Justine hand up thing. The whole "Did she cheat?" gossip. Well I guess you just didnt get the joke. No problem.
Twisting your words. HA! Now that made me laugh.

R&J
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:13 PM

Justine has lots of selfbelief and determination. She is an inspiration for others to reach the top. What did Monica do this year to deserve this award???
You just stated in your quote of Dennis - that the award is for...

Is says nothing anywhere on the Sanex Award page or anywhere - that the award is also for what you did results wise for this year.

Anyway - I was just stating yesterday - that its a shame that Monica is not in the running now for the award.

Kart
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM

Justine being worthy of the award doesn't make Monica any less worthy.

Betty
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:44 PM
THE VOTHING THIS YEAR STINKS.I LOOKEDMANY TIMES TO FIND MONICA'S NAME ON THE LAST VOTING. I COULDN'T FIND IT. I COULD'NT BELIEVE MY EYES: NO MONICA!!! FOR WEEKS SHE WAS AT THE TOP. SO, WHAT HAPPENED??? IT'S NOT POSSIBLE MONICA , ALL OF A SUDDEN, HAS NO FANS ANYMORE.
WHY WAS HER NAME ON THE LIST IN THE BEGINNING? MAYBE MONICA WAS A BIG THREAD FOR SOMEONE. EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO, WHEN LOOKING AT THE VOTINGS. NO NAME NEEDED. IT WAS ALLREADY DECIDED FROM THE BEGINNING ON.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:21 PM
You know that it was a pun joke - cause of the whole Justine hand up thing. The whole "Did she cheat?" gossip. Well I guess you just didnt get the joke. No problem.
Twisting your words. HA! Now that made me laugh.

I got the pun, but I didn't want to be pulled into Justine's hand: Part XXVI...just trying to clear myself here, you can understand, can't you? :cool:

Betty
Oct 8th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the red dots. Five or six, it's all the same to me , I am glad that I could speak out what I meant and a lot of people agree with me.
In this forum, the wind always comes out of one direction. Yet, I got no answer to my question concerning Monica Seles.

spooky
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Could someone please tell me what makes Justine a sanex hero. This really puzzles me.

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Thank you for the red dots. Five or six, it's all the same to me , I am glad that I could speak out what I meant and a lot of people agree with me.
In this forum, the wind always comes out of one direction. Yet, I got no answer to my question concerning Monica Seles.

I can't believe you got bad repped for that :retard:

I agree with you. Let the red dots come :armed:

Betty
Oct 8th, 2003, 11:53 PM
spooky,
,????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

spooky
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:30 AM
spooky,
,????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Betty, what is that suppose to mean? I ask a simple question is it possible to get a simple answer?

Betty
Oct 9th, 2003, 12:37 AM
It's a puzzle for me to.

R&J
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:55 AM
I got the pun, but I didn't want to be pulled into Justine's hand: Part XXVI...just trying to clear myself here, you can understand, can't you? :cool:
Yep. It was just too good to leave be. I see you in the clearing.:wavey:

Dennis
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:55 AM
players like navratilova, Graf, Hingis were never an inspiration then?:rolleyes:

navratilova, Graf, Hingis officialy retired, Monica NOT !

Even Hingis is on the list. What did she do this year, I wonder ?

Once aggain, read the quote from the Sanex Hero site I posted before !

Dennis
Oct 9th, 2003, 08:57 AM

THey are probbably an inspiration to people but not as much as Monica is.

Experimentee
Oct 9th, 2003, 02:16 PM
I dont know whats so inspiring about Justine. Maybe bc shes the only one apart from Serena winning the Grand Slams. If Kim had won those slams i bet she'd be leading.
And for those saying you cant vote twice, i managed to do it quite easily just by using different emails. But not twice at the same time.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I dont know whats so inspiring about Justine. Maybe bc shes the only one apart from Serena winning the Grand Slams. If Kim had won those slams i bet she'd be leading.
And for those saying you cant vote twice, i managed to do it quite easily just by using different emails. But not twice at the same time.

yeah, you can vote as the full cast of Friends as well ;)

rfs1999
Oct 9th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Go Monica!