PDA

View Full Version : What is your fave's biggest win this year???

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:21 AM
This thread is dedicated to posting your fave's biggest victories this year, no matter what the ranking.

I'll start.

Maria Sharapova beat Aniko Kapros in her first final at the Japan ever in a close match. I was very proud of her and I wish I could have seen it.

Serena beat Venus in the Aussie final to Complete the "Serena Slam". Really tough Aussie Open for Serena, but she pulled through to win 4 in a row.

Venus beat Kim Clijsters at Wimbledon after falling behind 6-4, 3-2 a really gutsy performance to reestablish herself after a disappointing French Open. Her victory at Antwerp was close, but I think the Wimbledon victory was more important and therefore bigger

Davenport beat Capriati in the semis of Indian Wells to continue her dominance of Cappy in a tough 3 setter.

Seles has been hurt so I won't post one for her. Get Well Monica. Get in great shape so you can blitz the field at the Aussie.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Justine Henin-Hardenne beating Serena Williams at the French Open.
Justine Henin-Hardenne beating Jennifer Capriati at The US Open.
Elena Dementieva winning two finals in a row.
Jennifer Capriati over Lindsay Davenport in NE..even though Davenport retired.. Finally a win for Capriati and a Standing ovation for Davenport...
Davenports trip to the Semis at the US Open

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:29 AM
and yeah i agree with you... Davenports win over Capriati at Indian Wells

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Try to keep it to single match victories please. :angel:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:39 AM
okay then.
Justine Henin over Serena Williams.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:41 AM
okay then.
Justine Henin over Serena Williams.

I wasn't even talking about the Juju/Serena thing, see there you go assuming I'm trying to mess with Juju. I'm talking about the Dementieva winning two straight titles part. So you can leave the Juju matches as they were.

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:51 AM
What if you don't have a favorite? :confused:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:52 AM
okay, well then state it that way.. Both Elena's Finals were good matches...
and I don't know if this is okay with Knizzle.. but Sam you could just say your favorite match of the year?

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:56 AM
What if you don't have a favorite? :confused:

Well just post anyone's best match victory for this year in your opinion.

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:41 AM
1)Jens win over Lindsay

2) as well as Juju's win over Jen...cause you have to give props to Justine for beating a very game Capriati

3) Serena's 'serena slam' that was special

4) Jennifer winning the WTA Tour Championships...and claiming the million bucks..."the survivor" hehehe ;)

yawno
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:47 AM
I'd have to say Nastya's recent victories over Henin Hardenne and Mauresmo giving her back to back single tites (Tier 2 and Tier 1)
But that's pretty obvious.

~Mario~
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:49 AM
I cannot decide,
#Serena perfomance over Kim at the Aus Open
#Justine victory over Serena at the French Open

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Myskina beats HEnin
Myskina beats Amilie
MAria def Anniko
Venus def (i forgot who she beat to win the diamond games) one more VEnus and the racket isi all yours...

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Myskina beats HEnin
Myskina beats Amilie
MAria def Anniko
Venus def (i forgot who she beat to win the diamond games) one more VEnus and the racket isi all yours...

Venus beat Clijsters 6-2, 6-4. Isn't Antwerp going to Tier 1 sometime in the future?? Anyway, that tourney needs to be televised next year because I think Venus will play the best tennis of her life to get that diamond raquet. She challenged Serena to come there next year, but Serena better stay away because Venus may embarrass her in Antwerp.

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:12 AM
I hope she gets it, and beats a Belgian again...

shes beaten a belgian in the last 2 finals... i think

BUT NO ACTUALLY

I would like it more IF Serena was crushed by Venus... it will be more special.

in 2002 Venus def Henin
2003 Venus def Clijsters
2004 Venus def S. WIlliams wahoo! lol

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:15 AM
I hope she gets it, and beats a Belgian again...

shes beaten a belgian in the last 2 finals... i think

BUT NO ACTUALLY

I would like it more IF Serena was crushed by Venus... it will be more special.

in 2002 Venus def Henin
2003 Venus def Clijsters
2004 Venus def S. WIlliams wahoo! lol

I honestly don't think Serena can beat Venus while she is playing for that raquet. It wouldn't be profitable for Serena to go there while it is a tier 2 because she doesn't want to only make the final and then get only about 180 points.

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:17 AM
I honestly don't think Serena can beat Venus while she is playing for that raquet. It wouldn't be profitable for Serena to go there while it is a tier 2 because she doesn't want to only make the final and then get only about 180 points.

hehe I think you read it wrong! I said I hope Serena GETS CRUSHED by Venus, meanign I wish Serena gets her asses whooped by Venus. hehe I like Serena, but you can take away all the GS from Venus but not her Diamonds hehe! although I want more GS for venus...

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:25 AM
hehe I think you read it wrong! I said I hope Serena GETS CRUSHED by Venus, meanign I wish Serena gets her asses whooped by Venus. hehe I like Serena, but you can take away all the GS from Venus but not her Diamonds hehe! although I want more GS for venus...

I knew what you said, I was just saying that I was totally serious about what I said. That is funny that Venus gets up better to play for a gold and diamond raquet then she has in the past couple years for a GS. I think Venus' GS hunger did return this year, but she had injuries that kept her from doing much. If she wins the FO, I think she will be in great contention for THE Grand Slam next year, although Serena will be tough. I am already claiming the AO to be Venus' in 2004 LOL!!

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:28 AM
I knew what you said, I was just saying that I was totally serious about what I said. That is funny that Venus gets up better to play for a gold and diamond raquet then she has in the past couple years for a GS. I think Venus' GS hunger did return this year, but she had injuries that kept her from doing much. If she wins the FO, I think she will be in great contention for THE Grand Slam next year, although Serena will be tough. I am already claiming the AO to be Venus' in 2004 LOL!!

Yea I REALY thought that the whole entire wimbledon fortnight Venus was so determine to win that thing! but her abdomonal dilemma caused problems. Coz Wimbledon showed some fistpumps that I HAVE never seen venus do in a LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOng ttime!

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Yea I REALY thought that the whole entire wimbledon fortnight Venus was so determine to win that thing! but her abdomonal dilemma caused problems. Coz Wimbledon showed some fistpumps that I HAVE never seen venus do in a LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOng ttime!

I know, the fist pumps gave me chills. She was really into that Davenport match grunting hard and pumping her fist in the third set. I have 5 of Venus' matches from Wimbledon on tape.

Libertango
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Chanda beating Justine at Indian Wells
Chanda defending Eastbourne
Ai winning Scottsdale, beating Kim and Alexandra after saving matchpoints and winning the doubles

xr6turbo
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:27 AM
I know, the fist pumps gave me chills. She was really into that Davenport match grunting hard and pumping her fist in the third set. I have 5 of Venus' matches from Wimbledon on tape.

Yeah i have three Venus matches from Wimby!!

The Quarters, Semis and Finals. ;)

It think i taped over Zvonerava and Pertrova, oh well!! She killed them anyway!! :lol:

Yeah Venus was really into that 3rd set against Davenport!! The grunting was real loud, even the commentator said she was doing a pretty good job out there with her grunting!!! :lol:

GoGoMaggie
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:39 AM
I really can't pick Maggie's best win this season as there's so FEW good wins she's had. Seriously, none of her match wins was quite impressive in terms of who she beat. Umm...she won Birmingham but by beating Shinobu who was ranked far bellow... Can anyone tell me which win of hers is the biggest?

Lady
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Justine win over Serena RG
Justine win over Kim San Diego
Justine over Lindsay AusOpen
Justine over Jennifer US Open

Lina K over Kim Toronto
Elena D over Justine & Lindsay Amelia Island
Nadia P over Jennifer RG
Serena over Venus & Kim AusOpen
Elena B over Jennifer Moscow
Masha S. over Elena D Birmingham

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Venus crushing Justine at the A.O.
Venus def. Kim Wimbledon

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Venus def. Kim Wimbledon

Is beating Juju up really a big win for Venus??

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Venus def. Kim Wimbledon
I can't remember who I had this discussion with.. Maybe you Knizzle.. didn't we determine that Venus and Justine speak very highly of each other?

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM
I can't remember who I had this discussion with.. Maybe you Knizzle.. didn't we determine that Venus and Justine speak very highly of each other?

They do speak highly of each other.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Venus def. Kim Wimbledon
Venus consistently beats Justine... the AO wasn't exactly a tough match for Venus. Knizzle knows the stats.. but i don't think justine has beat venus in a reallllllly long time..

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:54 PM
I think Hantuchova's biggest win was against Vakulenko at the US OPEN because of its psychological importance rather than obvious gratification.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:56 PM
I think Hantuchova's biggest win was against Vakulenko at the US OPEN because of its psychological importance rather than obvious gratification.
So true! I was there for that match.. She was having a rough time but pulled through.. I hated watching her lose at the US Open.. it was sad :sad:

bracey
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Judging by today's victory, she's pulled through and is slowly stepping carefully en route back towards the top 5 and the US Open, in my opinion, was the turning point.

jlamire
Nathalie Dechy won Gold Coast title.

DA FOREHAND
Venus consistently beats Justine... the AO wasn't exactly a tough match for Venus. Knizzle knows the stats.. but i don't think justine has beat venus in a reallllllly long time..

Yes she does. And I have little doubt that she shall continue to do so, new and improved or not...still justine at the core, just as Venus is still VENUS.