PDA

View Full Version : Jenn needs to start winning

CanadianBoy21
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I hope she wins every tournament from now on the Williams sisters don't enter!!
I think she is a great player, great technique, and strong mentally, but things are just not coming together for her! She is fit, maybe not as fit as she was when she won the AO titles, but fit nonetheless... and she should not be losing to Bovina(Elena is a good player, but Jenn is much better).
Jenn should be at least in the top 5, with the Williams sisters not playing many tournaments, and other players struggling as well. She needs to step up...
so, this is hoping she will :bounce:

bracey
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Providing she's patient and persists with her dogged work-rate then all it will take is a lucky break and she could well be unstoppable.

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Bracey i totally 100% agree with you on this one. Jennifer is very capable, we all know what a player and what talent she posseses. This goes without saying though that IF she wants to be #1 again she has to change. Shes really close, but she lets go in the final stages and thats not ok.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Jennifer is a great player! and i wish she had been more successful at the US Open.. i love justine i'm glad she won.. but i would've loved to see a lindsay or jen victory.. Jennifer deserved that so much.. She knew the williams sister weren't there and that that would probably be her best opportunity.. She is a strong player and very fit.. but i have to disagree that she is mentally strong... She is the weakest mentally in the top ten. She needs to stop being afraid of those three setters... players know all they have to do is get her to three sets and she'll beat herself.. She needs to win some three set matches to get her head back in the game

bello
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Exactly if she can breakthru mentally she will be up there again, she really needs to recognise this and do something to work on it!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:48 AM
yeah! She's got to know it's a problem! They ask her about it after every interview! The girls got the skills to be number one... i mean when was the last time Serena beat her in straight sets... She's got to take care of it! I want her to do well!!! Come on Jen!

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:56 AM
when was the last time? right wasnt it like 7-6 7-6? yeah even in straight sets Serena cant put Jen away easily....jens too good

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:00 AM
when was the last time? right wasnt it like 7-6 7-6? yeah even in straight sets Serena cant put Jen away easily....jens too good

It was 7-5, 7-6. Serena should beat Jen in straight sets, but Serena usually plays like a dummy for a set against Cappy, I can't understand it. Once she gets herself together she wins sets off of Jen easily.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:01 AM
yeah! She's got to know it's a problem! They ask her about it after every interview! The girls got the skills to be number one... i mean when was the last time Serena beat her in straight sets... She's got to take care of it! I want her to do well!!! Come on Jen!

It takes more than beating Serena to be #1.

switz
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:31 AM
she definitely has the game still. i think she just needs to get back to the fitness she was a couple of years ago and find ways to increase her self belief, and i think she will start competing with the top players again when crunch time comes.

Munchen
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Yeah shes good but the russians are coming up and getting this party started!!

azza
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Jenny is a great player

BasicTennis
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Jenn is physically fit but mentally unfit.

Tennis is 90% mental and 10% physical.:kiss: