PDA

View Full Version : Who has the scoop on Lindsay?

DannerCal
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:28 PM
So what happened?

She was suppose to have surgery so she could be ready for Australia?

She is not allowed to have any more shots, (as you can only have 3 lifetime for the shot she received to control pain).

This just seems really odd.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:31 PM
She's got tons of points to defend at Linz, and she probably wants to stay at 4 or move up to 3.

She looked really good in the pictures, so mabey there was some new thing they could do to temporarily fix it, or they cold give her a numbing agent right before each match - but not cortizone.

If she has it RIGHT after the YEC, she could be ready for AO.

DannerCal
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Well glad to see her there! Hope she does well.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Ditto.

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:59 PM
I think and have the feeling that we wonīt be seeing Lindsay next year. :sad:

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Actually, I'm not sure I agree. Just two weeks ago she said she would come back next year. Unless something life changing happened to her, I think she'll be back.

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:05 PM
I think and have the feeling that we wonīt be seeing Lindsay next year. :sad:

She said that she wants to prepare well for Australia. So it sounds like she will be playing next year as long as she stays injury free.

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:09 PM
She said that she wants to prepare well for Australia. So it sounds like she will be playing next year as long as she stays injury free.

Remember how Martina H was also hopeful after her rehab, but how a loss at Filderstadt completely deflated her?! I think Lindsay may well be going down that road....think if she loses again to Kim or even worse to Justine on an INDOORS court, she will keep the motivation to work hard and come back after another injuy?! Knowing that she would only be good for qrtrs and the odd semi at slams and not having a realistically chance to beat the top 4?!

Sounds pretty much like a Hingis in the making to me.

billie_jean_king
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Oh, it's easy. She's absolutely desperate to play Fed Cup for me, so she's having surgery AFTER I've won the trophy.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I would bet someone money that she'll come back for AO.

I never realized this, but did anyone know that Lindsay has an 8-1 record against Juju?! That's pretty impressive...

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:27 PM
I would bet someone money that she'll come back for AO.

I never realized this, but did anyone know that Lindsay has an 8-1 record against Juju?! That's pretty impressive...

Thatīs my point. Just like Martina couldnīt handle the loss to Petrova, I canīt imagine Lindsay handling losing to Justine on an indoor surface.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I know...But I just can't get over how happy she looks in those pics. I mean for the first time in a long while we see her almost beaming. I just think that it is a really positive sign. In her heart, she probably has finally accepted that she can't beat the Juju and Kim's of the world, but what I think may be giving her a moral boost is that she may be able to get a leg up on at least part of her rival - the sisters. No disrespect to them, but we really don't know how they'll play when they get back - especially Venus. Mabey she figures she's better that Venus now, and she's content on being top 3 or 4.

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:46 PM
I know...But I just can't get over how happy she looks in those pics. I mean for the first time in a long while we see her almost beaming. I just think that it is a really positive sign. In her heart, she probably has finally accepted that she can't beat the Juju and Kim's of the world, but what I think may be giving her a moral boost is that she may be able to get a leg up on at least part of her rival - the sisters. No disrespect to them, but we really don't know how they'll play when they get back - especially Venus. Mabey she figures she's better that Venus now, and she's content on being top 3 or 4.

Thatīs wishful thinking. How can you say that she isnīt able to beat the Kims and Justines of this world and then go on to say that she can beat Venus and/ or Serena?! So youīre thinking that the "just" because of their sisterīs death, all of sudden the Belgians have become better players than Serena and Venus?!

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Not at all. Because S and V are probably out for the rest of this year, Lindsay could get up to 3 in the world if she keeps playing. I think Serena will come back pretty strong - but not what she was. I think quite frankly that when Venus comes back, if Lindsay is healthy she would beat Venus. And about the Belgians being better - they are.

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Not at all. Because S and V are probably out for the rest of this year, Lindsay could get up to 3 in the world if she keeps playing. I think Serena will come back pretty strong - but not what she was. I think quite frankly that when Venus comes back, if Lindsay is healthy she would beat Venus. And about the Belgians being better - they are.

Well, well! Letīs start with the last one: the belgians are better, right?! Which of them?! Kim hasnīt beaten either sister this year. Justine has two wins, but they are on clay and she didnīt pose much threat to Serena at Wimbledon. On clay I can give you that Justine is better, but even on clay she had to FIGHT for her wins.

So youīre HOPING that Serena and Venus stay out, so that Lindsay can get to no.3. Thatīs another thing....it ainīt happening. Donīt think that both sisters will sit out the masters in L.A.

And Lindsay ainīt beating Venus anytime soon.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:05 AM
You're right about Kim - poor thing just freezes when the pressure is on. And I'll give you something on Henin too - she'll probably never beat Serena on grass. It may turn out to be like a Seles-Graf thing. But, I still say that when Venus was healthy at Wimbledon QF, Lindsay gave her a fight. I really don't think that Venus' game will ever be the same, and I think most likely if Venus and Lindsay met next year, Lindsay would win, except on clay. And about V and S playing - I doubt they will until next year, and as I said, if Lindsay kept playing, she would surpass Serena in the rankings.

Jericho
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Well, well! Letīs start with the last one: the belgians are better, right?! Which of them?! Kim hasnīt beaten either sister this year. Justine has two wins, but they are on clay and she didnīt pose much threat to Serena at Wimbledon. On clay I can give you that Justine is better, but even on clay she had to FIGHT for her wins.

So youīre HOPING that Serena and Venus stay out, so that Lindsay can get to no.3. Thatīs another thing....it ainīt happening. Donīt think that both sisters will sit out the masters in L.A.

And Lindsay ainīt beating Venus anytime soon.

come on bandabou...let them enjoy this will it lasts... its more fun that way, especially when they come back better than before... ;)
We all know what happened last time when venus came back from a long break

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:13 AM
You're right about Kim - poor thing just freezes when the pressure is on. And I'll give you something on Henin too - she'll probably never beat Serena on grass. It may turn out to be like a Seles-Graf thing. But, I still say that when Venus was healthy at Wimbledon QF, Lindsay gave her a fight. I really don't think that Venus' game will ever be the same, and I think most likely if Venus and Lindsay met next year, Lindsay would win, except on clay. And about V and S playing - I doubt they will until next year, and as I said, if Lindsay kept playing, she would surpass Serena in the rankings.

Hahahaa...what happened to Lindsay after Venus came back from her wrist injury?! And that was when Lindsay was good.

I think youīre dead wrong about Venus. This year before her injury she was playing at a very high level. If you think that Venus may never reach her ī00-ī01 level, that may be true....still think that sheīs closer to her best form than Lindsay is and right now Lindsay has to play her best and hope that Venus isnīt at her best...and maybe not even then!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:16 AM
I think an uninjured Lindsay could take Venus and maybe even Serena.. Personally I think Venus is a better player than Serena.. She needs to get her heart back into it. With some dedication she could reach her '00-'01 level. I think Serena is overrated.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Linsday is still good. She has not been showing her best this season though, because of her injury.Once things are fixed, she will return to top form.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:19 AM
I think an uninjured Lindsay could take Venus and maybe even Serena..

I totally agree with what you said. :D

Venus Forever
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Linsday is still good. She has not been showing her best this season though, because of her injury.Once things are fixed, she will return to top form.

We can say the same for Venus too, and Venus was still able to beat Lindsay when somewhat injured.

Venus of 2000-2001 was BACK and she was BACK at Wimbledon. Unfortunately for her, the injury came, and she wasn't able to maintain her great play against Kim and Serena.

I have a feeling we will see a very determined Venus next year. Just as Toronto 2001 was a turning point for Serena, 2003 Wimbledon will be a turning point for Venus.

That tournament proved to me Venus wanted it. She was hitting her strokes with authority, and was chasing down everything. Just brings me to that point against Srebotnik with the one handed backhand pass with the fist pump.

Oh, I can't wait fo the return of the Queen.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:59 AM
I think an uninjured Lindsay could take Venus and maybe even Serena.. Personally I think Venus is a better player than Serena.. She needs to get her heart back into it. With some dedication she could reach her '00-'01 level. I think Serena is overrated.

Serenaīs overrated,huh?! Well, well....four straight slams, only career GS winner of her generation.

An uninjured Lindsay can only overtake the sisters, because they arenīt playing. Sisters play, Lindsay lose. Sisters donīt play, Lindsay has chance. Simple.

bis2806
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Lindsay hasn't shown her best tennis since that nine-month surgery apart from some impressive runs where she reached the semis or better..... I really hope she stays completely injury free next year which I think she has a chance to get back to the top tennis level... good luck lindsay :kiss:

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Lindsay hasn't shown her best tennis since that nine-month surgery apart from some impressive runs where she reached the semis or better..... I really hope she stays completely injury free next year which I think she has a chance to get back to the top tennis level... good luck lindsay :kiss:

Nah, Lindsay is still good.....but not good enough.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:54 PM
I think some people need to accept some things...

I have accepted that for a few years Venus and Serena could beat almost anyone...period. I've also accepted that Lindsay will never again be #1, and will probably never win another slam.

People also need to accept that Venus and Serena will have serious challenges. Lindsay healthy could do dammage to the sisters. Henin is a serious threat to Venus and Serena. People need to realize that they are not unbeatable anymore.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:59 PM
I think some people need to accept some things...

I have accepted that for a few years Venus and Serena could beat almost anyone...period. I've also accepted that Lindsay will never again be #1, and will probably never win another slam.

People also need to accept that Venus and Serena will have serious challenges. Lindsay healthy could do dammage to the sisters. Henin is a serious threat to Venus and Serena. People need to realize that they are not unbeatable anymore.

They never were unbeatable to begin with. No one is unbeatable. Lindsayīs game still has to be treated with respect....but if even Kim has started to own her, what hope does she have against Serena and Venus whom already owned her before she was owned by Kim?!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'm just saying that I think their level of play will go down, and it will become easier for high ranked players to beat them.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:04 PM
I'm just saying that I think their level of play will go down, and it will become easier for high ranked players to beat them.

Hahaha.....so Kimīs game is actually better than the sistersīs games right now?! Pluuuzzz!

starr
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:04 PM
The problem is that Lindsay is not healthy. Her remarks in the press seem to indicate that she isn't really willing to undergo surgery and the necessary rehabilitation. However, her condition is one that won't simply heal from rest. When her foot is subjected to the same stress and pressure, the nerve pain will return.

It sounds to me like she has decided to play out the year, and take it from there. That means she will be at the championships and that means that all of our discussions about Venus being safe because Lindsay wouldn't be playing are all wrong.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Hahaha.....so Kimīs game is actually better than the sistersīs games right now?! Pluuuzzz!

Did I ever say that? NO. I said some plyers who couldn't before probably could now. Like a healthy Lindsay, Justine, Mauresmo.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:08 PM
anyone can beat anyone on any given day... and Serena is indeed overrated...by the way... you said Serena is the only career grand slam winner of her time??? nope... Serena has her little "Serenaslam" i think is what she calls it.. yeah the ws were good.. and are good.. they stepped up the level... well surprise to them everyone else worked hard and caught up..Kims game is better than the sisters now.. mentally no.. but her over all skill exceeds theirs. Look how well Lindsay is doing injured.. if she is determined to come back.. she will and she'll do well.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Did I ever say that? NO. I said some plyers who couldn't before probably could now. Like a healthy Lindsay, Justine, Mauresmo.

Kimīs injured too....does that mean that her game will go down and Lindsay will finally get a win against her this year?!

It ainīt like Lindsay is healthy herself to begin with. So what are we talking about the sistersīs game going down because of injury this and that?!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:12 PM
The sister's injuries have much more long-term effects than Kim and Lindsay's. That's why I think the sister's games will never be the same.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:14 PM
anyone can beat anyone on any given day... and Serena is indeed overrated...by the way... you said Serena is the only career grand slam winner of her time??? nope... Serena has her little "Serenaslam" i think is what she calls it.. yeah the ws were good.. and are good.. they stepped up the level... well surprise to them everyone else worked hard and caught up..Kims game is better than the sisters now.. mentally no.. but her over all skill exceeds theirs. Look how well Lindsay is doing injured.. if she is determined to come back.. she will and she'll do well.

6 slams, ZERO slams,
4 slams, ZERO slams.

7-1 h2h 5-2 h2h. This year Kimīs best year: h2h against Serena: 2-0! against Venus 2-0! Rest my case. Either you good enough or you are not. No escuses about this and that.

Serena is the only career GRAND SLAM, winning all four slams, of her generation! Only 9 players have done this and only FOUR did win four in a row before Serena did it.

Justine and Kim caught up?! Probably, although in the three slams in which both played, the end result was twice an all-Williams slam final...

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:16 PM
The sister's injuries have much more long-term effects than Kim and Lindsay's. That's why I think the sister's games will never be the same.

Are you a fool or what?! Wasnīt it Lindsay who stayed out for nearly SIX months and that an age of 26?! The sisters are only 22 and 23, so it ainīt like they were already over the hill. Sure, their games probably will take time to be at full-strength....but they will be back.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:19 PM
a career grand slam has to happen in the same year.. that is why she calls it a SERENA SLAM! and i didn't say they caught up while the williams were playing did i?? no...Kim and Justine played a lot of tournaments this summer.. as did other top players... What I meant by catching up.. is they had a lot of time to with both sisters out... Whether you'll admit to it or not.. which you probably won't... The sisters are going to come back to a much stronger field.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
You are ranting and it's really annoying. I'm being very calm - you need to calm down. Again, I never said anything about Kim beating the sisters. But thinking about it, she did - back to back at YEC. Still, Lindsay has never been the same after her injury, I admit. So why would Venus and Serena be? Please respond with a calm answer, not one where you sound like a ranting psycho.

bis2806
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Nah, Lindsay is still good.....but not good enough.

I know she's still good but she just hasn't showed her best groundies consistently yet....

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:24 PM
He always responds as a ranting pyscho.. you can't have opposing opinions regarding the Williams sisters... Even when you praise them he'll jump on you... Everyone needs to face it.. the Williams sisters can't just come back and be awesome.. they are going to have to work..

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM
He always responds as a ranting pyscho.. you can't have opposing opinions regarding the Williams sisters... Even when you praise them he'll jump on you... Everyone needs to face it.. the Williams sisters can't just come back and be awesome.. they are going to have to work..

Thanks. You summed up all my points in a small paragraph. :D

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:27 PM
a career grand slam has to happen in the same year.. that is why she calls it a SERENA SLAM! and i didn't say they caught up while the williams were playing did i?? no...Kim and Justine played a lot of tournaments this summer.. as did other top players... What I meant by catching up.. is they had a lot of time to with both sisters out... Whether you'll admit to it or not.. which you probably won't... The sisters are going to come back to a much stronger field.

No, a career GS winner is a person who wins all four GSīs during his/ her career and a TRUE GS winner is a person who wins all four in a year.

I donīt understand your logic?! How can you catch up with someone who isnīt there?! Only way you can catch up someone is if he/ she is out there so you can chase him/ her. IN tennis that means that you have to actually start beating them REGULARLY! If you are saying that the sisters havenīt been playing, then how can the rest of the field have caught up?!

So because Justine when a streak beating the Dementievas and Bovinas of this world, means she caught up with the sisters and is gonna beat them all over the place..even on faster surfaces?! Pluuuzzz!!

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:30 PM
You are ranting and it's really annoying. I'm being very calm - you need to calm down. Again, I never said anything about Kim beating the sisters. But thinking about it, she did - back to back at YEC. Still, Lindsay has never been the same after her injury, I admit. So why would Venus and Serena be? Please respond with a calm answer, not one where you sound like a ranting psycho.

Iīm not ranting. You want to push a logic who doesnīt stand. Of course we donīt know how the sisters will come out their injuries....but they do have HISTORY on their sides. They always have returned stronger after injuries. The difference between Lindsay and the sisters is,that at the time of her injury she was already fourth or fifth best, so she only got worse. With the sisters they were clearly the best....I donīt think they will fall that much down just because of this latest injury.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:31 PM
No, Justine has passed the sisters because she, like Serena, has won two slams in one year. It's not her fault that the sisters were not playing the open. She deserved to win that tournament - the marathon match with Capriati then coming back the next day. And at Rolland Garros, let's not forget that she did beat Serena - when Serena wasn't injured.

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Lindsay was number one when she was injured the first time, the second time she is four, and has been injured almost since she cam back from the first one. Venus was not injured when she slipped to #3. And I'm sure that if Venus stayed at #3 when she was healthy, you would say she was "dominating". Well, if Lindsay makes it there, you'll dis her and just rant about how she's stealing the rankings. You're statements are what do not make sense.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:34 PM
How can you say that other players have not caught up... The WS do NOT have to be playing in order for people to catch up with them... there not playing is what allowed that to happen.. You just can't accept that ANYONE has improved... you think the williams sisters are gods or something.. I'm not even saying oh wow, justine is god now and she will beat the williams sister consistently.. i'm simply saying that being in the top for the ws isn't going to be such a cake walk anymore... and you are ranting..

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Lindsay was number one when she was injured the first time, the second time she is four, and has been injured almost since she cam back from the first one. Venus was not injured when she slipped to #3. And I'm sure that if Venus stayed at #3 when she was healthy, you would say she was "dominating". Well, if Lindsay makes it there, you'll dis her and just rant about how she's stealing the rankings. You're statements are what do not make sense.
Wonderfully Stated.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:56 PM
No, Justine has passed the sisters because she, like Serena, has won two slams in one year. It's not her fault that the sisters were not playing the open. She deserved to win that tournament - the marathon match with Capriati then coming back the next day. And at Rolland Garros, let's not forget that she did beat Serena - when Serena wasn't injured.

Better be careful for what you wish for. So Justine has passed Serena,huh?! Hahahaa....how is that?! You say yourself that Serena won two slams too this year,so.....

In any case...competition isnīt a bad thing anyway.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:58 PM
I think when Serena comes back and she's on her game.. we could have the making of a new rivalry.. and If Capriati and Clijsters get it together.. and Davenports injuries recover.. we could have ourselves a very competitive year..

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Serena won two slams and two other tourneys...Justine won two slams plus five other tourneys. That's how she passed her.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Serena won two slams and two other tourneys...Justine won two slams plus five other tourneys. That's how she passed her.

Sure...but she played like 10 more than Serena did too!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:06 PM
That's not her fault. Serena had plenty of opportunities to play before she was injured.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:13 PM
That's not her fault. Serena had plenty of opportunities to play before she was injured.

Probably....anyways I donīt think that Justine has surpassed Serena, when she only has beaten Serena on clay and Serena has beaten her on EVERY surface. Justine has had a great year. Now we have to see how she will do next year. Can she keep it up when the sisters are healthy and playing?!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:22 PM
We'll just have to see. :)

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:42 PM
You can't deny that Justine has improved... whether she can play with the sisters we'll see.. I think she has more of a drive to beat Serena than Venus..

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:01 PM
this thread turned into an other "who's the best player?" thread...:rolleyes:
neway Bandabou,i'm sorry for you cos maybe u dont like lindsay but u'll have to see her also next year.she said 2 weeks ago in a interview that she'll be playing in 2004 and that her surgery isnt that serious (dont try to compare hingis's injury with lindsay's one cos a neuroma is a painful thing yes but doesnt stop a career) and she'll need just 1 month anf half of rehabilitation.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM
I thought these is a thread about Lindsay!!!!!!
Well Bandabou is an idiot who always creating fights and always putting the williams into every thread on how super human they are.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I hope Lindsay comes back as strong as ever!! I want to see her winning big tournaments again.. She deserves it.. Lindsayfan..I think she has great chances against the ws.. what do you think??...Bandabou will come back with a no way. .but i'm interested in someone who is not anti-everyone else but ws opinion..

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:06 PM
this thread turned into an other "who's the best player?" thread...:rolleyes:
neway Bandabou,i'm sorry for you cos maybe u dont like lindsay but u'll have to see her also next year.she said 2 weeks ago in a interview that she'll be playing in 2004 and that her surgery isnt that serious (dont try to compare hingis's injury with lindsay's one cos a neuroma is a painful thing yes but doesnt stop a career) and she'll need just 1 month anf half of rehabilitation.

Where did I say I donīt like Lindsay?! But the thing is that it must be hard for a former no.1 to be happy just reaching qrtrs and semiīs. Her last final was three years ago...since then she had only three semiīs and has begun to lose in fourth rounds and stuff...but hey if sheīs happy, Iīm happy.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:07 PM
She isn't happy with it.. but number four after so many injuries is pretty damn good.. She'll be back.. just wait..

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Justinefan,i see you r pretty new here and i welcome you!you'll find out on this forum that lots of ppl r just biased against or pro some players so they cant be objective...
about Lindsay:i'm still hoping to see her playing 1 full season without injuries/surgeries etc.since 2001 she was plagued by injuries so we werent able to admire the real Lindsay.hopefully her bad luck will end soon. *fingers crossed*

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I hope Lindsay comes back as strong as ever!! I want to see her winning big tournaments again.. She deserves it.. Lindsayfan..I think she has great chances against the ws.. what do you think??...Bandabou will come back with a no way. .but i'm interested in someone who is not anti-everyone else but ws opinion..

Sure, she has a chance against the Williamses...but an even GREATER one against Juju! I donīt get why all this hate. I only said that Lindsay has arrived in a fase of career where she isnīt going to improve and it is obvious that the game has passed her and that I doubt that she thinks it would be worth having surgery, recover again...when thereīs no hope for her to win another slam.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Her last final was three years ago...since then she had only three semiīs and has begun to lose in fourth rounds and stuff....

oh really?!I thought it was New Haven 2 months ago :p

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:11 PM
You say that she can't come back.. yet you have complete faith in the williams coming back right away.. It's about determination and heart.. Lindsay has both.. She's proved she can compete with the best still.. and at wimbledon she sounded ready to quit.. now she is ready for 2004.. The recovery isn't long term anyway.. So She's ready to play..

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Justinefan,i see you r pretty new here and i welcome you!you'll find out on this forum that lots of ppl r just biased against or pro some players so they cant be objective...
about Lindsay:i'm still hoping to see her playing 1 full season without injuries/surgeries etc.since 2001 she was plagued by injuries so we werent able to admire the real Lindsay.hopefully her bad luck will end soon. *fingers crossed*

No bias. Facts are facts. It has been three years since she has won a slam, many players have gotten hip to her ways. Itīs not bias. If you think that she still has the game, fine! I personally donīt see it....but hey to each his/her own.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:13 PM
oh really?!I thought it was New Haven 2 months ago :p

Funny, funny....we were talking slams here. Yeah, since her recovery she has only won one title...has lost like 10 finals in a row and there was a time this year that she was the only person to lose in finals to Kim.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Thanks Lindsay Fan! i'm hoping to see her come back as well!! and look at Pierce she won her two slams like 5 1/2 years apart.. Lindsay can come back.. and has the potential too.. If you personally don't see it.. then let us talk about how we do.. Tell me one player other than a ws that you think has it?

Lindsayfan
thereīs no hope for her to win another slam.

that's not the point...we were talking if lindsay was going to retire this year or next year,not if she'll win a slam or not.of course u dont have any other argument to prove that lindsay will retire,so u turned the discussion into a "grand slam success" probability...wow very smart..now i turn this topic into a "how will be named Lindsay's first son?" cos i see that the original title of this thread is not the headline anymore :devil:

bandabou
You say that she can't come back.. yet you have complete faith in the williams coming back right away.. It's about determination and heart.. Lindsay has both.. She's proved she can compete with the best still.. and at wimbledon she sounded ready to quit.. now she is ready for 2004.. The recovery isn't long term anyway.. So She's ready to play..

If you think that, then itīs cool no. Serena and Venus were already dominating...so even if they take their times to regain their games, I think they will regain their dominance. Lindsay was in another position. She wasnīt elite anymore when she got injured, so for her to come back is harder.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Why dont you just shut-up bandabou!!!!!
No one cares about your opinions and your just creating hurts and fights. If you know Serena is the best then just believed in it!!!!! You got to be secure of what you know is true.

As for me, I still know that Lindsay will be back in top form, injury free, and will kick all their asses once again.

As for now, the best is still relative. The new Henin has'nt faced a williams yet. I mean new Henin after winning two GS. Lindsay of 2004 with no Injury might have something to say too. If Kim can do a smart scheduling she can still contend to be the best too.

You know what??? WHY DONT WE JUST ENJOY THE REAL COMPETITION AS OF NOW specially the start of 2004.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:15 PM
hahaha I hope we see a little Davenport running around kicking everyones ass in 20 years lol

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:17 PM
that's not the point...we were talking if lindsay was going to retire this year or next year,not if she'll win a slam or not.of course u dont have any other argument to prove that lindsay will retire,so u turned the discussion into a "grand slam success" probability...wow very smart..now i turn this topic into a "how will be named Lindsay's first son?" cos i see that the original title of this thread is not the headline anymore :devil:

The not winning a GS anymore was an ARGUMENT to support my opinion that Lindsay was gonna retire. It all depends how she does during the indoor season. Iīm telling you, if she suffers a couple of losses and doesnīt win a title during the indoor season,on her best surface, I donīt see her sticking around. That is my PERSONAL opinion and it doesnīt mean that I must be right.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:19 PM
lindsay isnt expecting anything from indoor season.she is there just to not lose too much points,not to win all events.but i see that u dont read press conferences etc...u just speak and speak.lindsay said yesterday that she'll play ONLY 2 MORE EVENTS this year cos of her foot.she ISNT playing to win and bla,bla,bla...she's playing only to no lose pts and then have her surgery and comeback TO WIN in 2004.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:20 PM
No one cares about your opinions and your just creating hurts and fights. If you know Serena is the best then just believed in it!!!!! You got to be secure of what you know is true.

As for me, I still know that Lindsay will be back in top form, injury free, and will kick all their asses once again.

As for now, the best is still relative. The new Henin has'nt faced a williams yet. I mean new Henin after winning two GS. Lindsay of 2004 with no Injury might have something to say too. If Kim can do a smart scheduling she can still contend to be the best too.

You know what??? WHY DONT WE JUST ENJOY THE REAL COMPETITION AS OF NOW specially the start of 2004.

Hey if I want to state my opinion I state. You are not gonna tell me what to do!

You think Lindsay will be back, even if she suffers a couple of losses during her indoor season. Fine. Do I tell you to shut up?! No, so....keep it real!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Yeah What Lindsay Fan Said!

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:22 PM
lindsay isnt expecting anything from indoor season.she is there just to not lose too much points,not to win all events.but i see that u dont read press conferences etc...u just speak and speak.lindsay said yesterday that she'll play ONLY 2 MORE EVENTS this year cos of her foot.she ISNT playing to win and bla,bla,bla...she's playing only to no lose pts and then have her surgery and comeback TO WIN in 2004.

Martina said the same thing last year too...did we see her again?! Why is Lindsay playing if itīs not for winning?!

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I hope Venus wont retire too, coz her last GS was back in 2001.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:24 PM
lol.. all i can say is.. Good call ;)

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Martina what?dont try to compare HIngis's injury with Lindsay's neuroma cos it means that u dont know ANYTHING of medicine and u dont even read the press conferences...and yes Bandabou,lots of players play ONLY to not lose points specially when they r hurted like Lindsay so dont try again to say that Lindsay must beat Juju in this tourney etc.cos she wont beat Juju...she is undergoing a surgery in few weeks,she's far from her best condition...she isnt in Filderstadt to prove something..she has nothigng to prove.she's there only and once again to defend her quarterfinals pts,then defend her finalist points in zurich,then comeback home and have a surgery.

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Bandabou!!!! If I tell you to shut UP!!!! just shut up!!!!! OK?????? lol!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! why am I reasoning out myself to a 12 year old. Get some sleep bandabou, you need it.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM

Hey at least she is reaching finals....still 2001 is still closer than 2000.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Hey at least she is reaching finals....still 2001 is still closer than 2000.

LMAO :lol:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Good one bandabou :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
OK Bandabou!!!! If you want to hear you won this argument, I will say it!!!!!

BANDABOU WON!!!!!!!!! OK ??? Pls shut up now!!!!!
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the original topic.
Lindsayfan, I think you are right. I think she just want to asses how far can she go in this indoor season and if she win, she will take it for sure until LA but if not, It's OK. I think she dont wanna lose too much points to be seeded in AO. I think she is really looking forward to AO being a top 4 seed.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
yes QueenLindsay,that's the point.she wants to sure to be in top 4 seeds for AUS Open..that's why she's making this effort to play!
Bandabou gave up..we proved him wrong.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
OK Bandabou!!!! If you want to hear you won this argument, I will say it!!!!!

BANDABOU WON!!!!!!!!! OK ??? Pls shut up now!!!!!
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the original topic.
Lindsayfan, I think you are right. I think she just want to asses how far can she go in this indoor season and if she win, she will take it for sure until LA but if not, It's OK. I think she dont wanna lose too much points to be seeded in AO. I think she is really looking forward to AO being a top 4 seed.

Donīt need you to say it. This thing about being seeded and blah blah is crap. She is no.4 right now....she canīt fall that much that she wonīt be seeded at the Oz.

anyways..we will see.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:39 PM
haha Good job Lindsay Girls!!! So the surgery recovery time is like what.. a month and a half?? when is she doing this?

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Donīt need you to say it. This thing about being seeded and blah blah is crap. She is no.4 right now....she canīt fall that much that she wonīt be seeded at the Oz.

anyways..we will see.

u arent able to understand english or whatever?! QueenLindsay said that Lindsay wants to be in top 4 seeds for Aus Open,not that she wont be seeded at all.. :lol:

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:40 PM
yes QueenLindsay,that's the point.she wants to sure to be in top 4 seeds for AUS Open..that's why she's making this effort to play!
Bandabou gave up..we proved him wrong.

Whatever....it was my feeling, didnīt exactly mean that it was cold truth.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:42 PM
u arent able to understand english or whatever?! QueenLindsay said that Lindsay wants to be in top 4 seeds for Aus Open,not that she wont be seeded at all.. :lol:

he said Lindsay wants to be seeded! Nothing about top 4.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:44 PM
haha Good job Lindsay Girls!!! So the surgery recovery time is like what.. a month and a half?? when is she doing this?

Justinefan: Lindsay's injury is a neuroma,who's technically a sore nerve.when it hurts,it's very painful but it's not serious at all.Farina-Elia underwent a surgery for the same problem after Wimbledon and she cameback 3 weeks later.Lindsay will prolly need 1 month and half to be competitive at her level (who's of course better than Farina one!).so she plans to be on court early december and then start her preparation for the Australian Open.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Why don't you just leave the Lindsay fans alone?? Are you like anti-Good quality deserve to be champion players?? We have faith in lindsay.. your obsessed with Serena.. no one is trying to convince you to not have faith in Serena.. so leave them alone.. and stop fighting people on technicalities

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:46 PM
that's what QueenLindsay wrote:

I think she is really looking forward to AO being a top 4 seed.

bandabou: you are blind or you just want an excuse to keep fighting? :rolleyes:

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Why don't you just leave the Lindsay fans alone?? Are you like anti-Good quality deserve to be champion players?? We have faith in lindsay.. your obsessed with Serena.. no one is trying to convince you to not have faith in Serena.. so leave them alone.. and stop fighting people on technicalities

Itīs the Lindsay-fans who crossed the line. Saying things like Lindsay shouldnīt even be worrying about the Williamses, itīs the Belgians that are ruling, when it was the WILLIAMSES and not the BELGIANS who have been stopping her at the slams!

If Lindsay-fans start to slight the Williamses, then they are asking for trouble.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:50 PM
that's what QueenLindsay wrote:

bandabou: you are blind or you just want an excuse to keep fighting? :rolleyes:

I must have misread then...my bad.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Every one slights the ws b/c they are overrated by people like you!.. in every other thing i've read.. it's the bandalous who cross the line..You may be convinced that the ws will come back and dominate but others and I have very different opinions.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:55 PM
.You may be convinced that the ws will come back and dominate but others and I have very different opinions.

ditto :worship:

bandabou,u can keep talking til 2010...u wont convince us!as for me,i dont even try to convince other ppl like you do...i respect your workship for the williamses,everyone has own idols and you wont turn me into a williams fan just talking...i'd better die :p

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:57 PM

bandabou,u can keep talking til 2010...u wont convince us!as for me,i dont even try to convince other ppl like you do...i respect your workship for the williamses,everyone has own idols and you wont turn me into a williams fan just talking...i'd better die :p
Me too! :p

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Every one slights the ws b/c they are overrated by people like you!.. in every other thing i've read.. it's the bandalous who cross the line..You may be convinced that the ws will come back and dominate but others and I have very different opinions.

Sure, sure....so that your favs have a better chance of winning slams,no?! Fine...that says more about your favs than about the Williamses.

The Williamses are overrated?! They have completely monopolized the last two slams, till Justine won the Open. They are the only ones to have won Wimbledon this century/millenium....since ī99 one of them has won both singles and doubles at three of the four slams, including wimbledon twice.

Nasdaq, they have won it 5 of the last 6 times, including the last three. If you look close, then you can see that they have event monopolized. If you find winning overrated, then the sisters are overrated indeed.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:59 PM

RESPECT! You all started the hate just because I said I had the feeling that if things didnīt pan out well during the indoor season for Lindsay, that she was gonna retire. Never tried to convince anyone to become a Williams-fan.,

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:59 PM
wow aren't they special

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:00 PM
wow aren't they special

Sure they are. Letīs see wait and see if some of your favs will acomplish the things the "overrated" Williamses have done!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Maybe they will maybe they won't.. Either way they'll always be great players.. and won't be overrated..

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:05 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:06 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: Lindsay fans have taken over this thread.. just give it up!

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Maybe they will maybe they won't.. Either way they'll always be great players.. and won't be overrated..

And then tell me: why exactly are the Williamses overrated?!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
B/c people like you call them the best players ever.. they are far from it.. when they can match up with Steffi Grafs career then i'll admit they are good and not overrated.. but when people say that the rest of the women's field hasn't caught up and that the ws will come back and dominate.. that is bullshit.. and makes them overrated..

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:16 PM
You only focus on the Williams' accomplishments. Look at this: Since 1996, Lindsay has been in the SF or better of the US Open, except 2001 (QF)
Lindsay was one of the only players who won three tourneys in three weeks
Lindsay has won just as many titles as Venus this year
Lindsay finished in the top three for five straight years
Lindsay finished the year at number one twice, something Venus has never done
When Lindsay finished 2001, right before her injury, she was DOMINANT, winning Tokyo, Scottsdale, Eastbourne, Los Angeles, Filderstadt, Zurich, and Linz.
We can brag about our girl too...

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:16 PM
B/c people like you call them the best players ever.. they are far from it.. when they can match up with Steffi Grafs career then i'll admit they are good and not overrated.. but when people say that the rest of the women's field hasn't caught up and that the ws will come back and dominate.. that is bullshit.. and makes them overrated..

Well, well....of course people are thinking like that. What was the last thing they were doing on court?! Beating Kim, beating Justine and then celebrate their sixth all-sister final at Wimbledon. You canīt just erase that!

They are not the greatest but two of the greatest! They have won everything there is to win in tennis...now itīs just keep building on the legacy. Maybe they wonīt be as dominating as they were, but it ainīt like all of sudden they wonīt win slams, they wonīt titles, etc..

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:18 PM
okay Mr. Williams.. you keep saying that..same comments over and over again.. i quit b/c i'm tired of argueing with you.. obviously i am not going to change my opinion.. and you are to obsessed with the williams sisters to consider the strengths of any other players.. so have a ncie day

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:19 PM
You only focus on the Williams' accomplishments. Look at this: Since 1996, Lindsay has been in the SF or better of the US Open, except 2001 (QF)
Lindsay was one of the only players who won three tourneys in three weeks
Lindsay has won just as many titles as Venus this year
Lindsay finished in the top three for five straight years
Lindsay finished the year at number one twice, something Venus has never done
When Lindsay finished 2001, right before her injury, she was DOMINANT, winning Tokyo, Scottsdale, Eastbourne, Los Angeles, Filderstadt, Zurich, and Linz.
We can brag about our girl too...

Yeah and in fact sheīs the reason the wta-tour had to change her rankings-system.

Never said Lindsay canīt play, only said that her time has passed.
Nice acomplishments, but Serenaīs are as if not more impressive in a shorter career.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:20 PM
okay Mr. Williams.. you keep saying that..same comments over and over again.. i quit b/c i'm tired of argueing with you.. obviously i am not going to change my opinion.. and you are to obsessed with the williams sisters to consider the strengths of any other players.. so have a ncie day

Nice day too....itīs you that want to think that all of sudden the Williamses will be relegated to challenger status!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:22 PM
This is the Lindsay thread.. go start a serena thread... Lindsays accomplishments are great.. she's a great girl.. and she is definitely not past her career... Condaleeza Rice said Lindsay is her favorite player.. I think that's very high honors for Lindsay :worship: :worship:

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:25 PM
This is the Lindsay thread.. go start a serena thread... Lindsays accomplishments are great.. she's a great girl.. and she is definitely not past her career... Condaleeza Rice said Lindsay is her favorite player.. I think that's very high honors for Lindsay :worship: :worship:

Nice, very nice honors for Lindsay.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Glad to see we can agree on something;)

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Glad to see we can agree on something;)
Sure....itīs you that are stubborn.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:31 PM
my god.. I try to say something nice to you and you still come back with childish responses.. You can't say we are both not stubborn?? if you don't think that you are also stubborn than you are an idiot.

DannerCal
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Wow, I never expected this thread to invoke such interesting speculations!

Andrew.
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:34 PM
my god.. I try to say something nice to you and you still come back with childish responses.. You can't say we are both not stubborn?? if you don't think that you are also stubborn than you are an idiot.

Please, don't try. I tried way early in this thread to say some nice things about the sisters and he flipped out about some other thing. :rolleyes:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:35 PM
It's crazy in here.. be careful!

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:35 PM

I was kidding! Jeez.....man, youīre very sensitive.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Yes it is definitely easy to tell kidding on the internet.. especially when you've been harassing previously.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Yes it is definitely easy to tell kidding on the internet.. especially when you've been harassing previously.

Harassing?! Whom?!

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:47 PM
everyone...but this thread has outlived it's time.. moving on..

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
everyone...but this thread has outlived it's time.. moving on..

O.k. dan....no harassing anymore.

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:36 PM
GO LINDSAY!! KICK SOME ASS!! :angel: :devil:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:03 PM
If only Lindsay could Kick a Fan ASS!!!!! I would give bandabou right away in front of her!!!!!

Lindsayfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:08 PM
LMAO :haha:

Leo_DFP
Oct 9th, 2003, 11:58 PM
She's got tons of points to defend at Linz, and she probably wants to stay at 4 or move up to 3.

She looked really good in the pictures, so mabey there was some new thing they could do to temporarily fix it, or they cold give her a numbing agent right before each match - but not cortizone.

If she has it RIGHT after the YEC, she could be ready for AO.

Not so sure if that last part is necessarily true. Yes, a recovery from this kind of neuroma surgery is supposed to take only 8 weeks, Lindsay says, but remember that the recovery time from her knee surgery was only supposed to be 4 - 6 mnoths and it took for almost 8 months! Davenport is 27 and her body doesn't heal as fast as it use to. Honestly I would like to see her play, at most, 1 more tournament after Filderstadt, like Zurich (if her foot is not giving her trouble) and then get the surgery done. I don't want Lindsay to risk Australia for some ranking - btw, I don't think she's anywhere near #3, points-wise.

Nevertheless, best of luck to Linds in Filterstadt. :kiss:

Andrew.
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I had right foot neuroma, and I was back on juniors in three weeks. ;)

bandabou
Oct 10th, 2003, 12:14 AM
If only Lindsay could Kick a Fan ASS!!!!! I would give bandabou right away in front of her!!!!!

Hey donīt you know what they say: Say NO to violence!