PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters still a ? = could benefit Capriati

DannerCal
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:45 PM
New article today said that although Clijsters is there, she still may not play, (which reflects what her on line journal says as well).

So by the time she plays it will be Wed. What are they going to do if she does pull out, as play has begun? If Jennifer can find her form, this could benefit her, (since they are in the same section.

CapFan#1
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Never thought about that, but you are right... this could be a huge break for Cappy. Plus she has a great draw... either Black or Pierce in the 2r, whom she has never lost to and the probably Vera or Chanda, who she has winning records against. I see a SF if not a Final for Cappy at this event FINALLY!!!

CapFan#1
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:14 PM
By the way, I hope Kimmie gets better.... she's one of my faves also!!!

DannerCal
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:21 PM
I hope Kim gets better, but I really think she just rest and not push her injury just to keep the #1 rank.

Snuffkin
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:26 PM
As much as I'd love to think Jen could put up a fight here, we all know her indoor form is woeful and furthermore, she's not enjoyed her time in Filderstadt before, so as much as I wish I wasn't saying this - if Jen manages to win a single match it'll be reason for celebration, nevermind the whole thing.

DannerCal
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:33 PM
I think she will suprise us all this time :)

Mase
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Go Cappy!!!!!!!!!

bello
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:13 AM
true Snuffkin, but here's a good chance to turn that around, stranger things have happen, she is a champion...

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:56 AM
The same things were said about jenn in flushing.

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:01 AM
yes, but Jenn also had the match against Justine won..Jenn LET Justine win....and we all know Jennifer would have beaten Kim...so dont bring FLushing Meadows into this...bad luck on Jenn, shes had LOTS of bad luck, so whatever

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:07 AM
bad luck? and she let justine win? and she would beat kim? you are delussional

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:11 AM
well, if Jen was beating Justine before she CHOKED...and Kim sucked like shit (and smelled like shit too from what i hear) yeah...jenn would have spanked Kim 6-0 6-1...then again i wouldnt expect a no-brains like you, to know this.

shap_half
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:16 AM
is that why kim beat in stanford. kim might have played like shit against justine but who knows how she would have played against jen. and she choked. that's why some of the best points of the match came when jenn was up and justine was done?

no brainers like me can't possibly know anything about this.

Ryan
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Well thats all we can expect from a blind delusional fan such as yourself Trish. Jenn choked mildly, yes. But Justine raised her level, no doubt about it. If Jenn had won I think the final would have been very interesting, and I think Kim would have gone in with more confidence. 6-0 6-1? Fat chance. Let Justine win? Hardly. Beating Kim in a tight match? A definate possibility. Letting up on Justine when she raised her level? Yes. I wanted Jenn to win real bad Trish, but don't be stupid.

bello
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Whatever way you look at it, Jenn can still take advantage of Kim not playing the tourney, and she did make the semi of US open and therefroe in a way did take advantage of her draw, and nearly took further advantage of it...

disposablehero
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:41 AM
well, if Jen was beating Justine before she CHOKED...and Kim sucked like shit (and smelled like shit too from what i hear) yeah...jenn would have spanked Kim 6-0 6-1...then again i wouldnt expect a no-brains like you, to know this.

If Kim had seen Jen across the net from her in the US Open Final she would have smiled and been an entirely different player. Kim would have hoisted the trophy an hour after she took her racket out of the bag.

And yes, I'm absolutely amazed at how Jen ended up in the same section as a doubtful higher seed. Unprecedented, truly.

Trish101
Oct 7th, 2003, 06:32 AM
hmm interesting, if flawed anologies from all of you...but that ok, 'what ifs' are just that 'what ifs'

BasicTennis
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:07 AM
normally, what if's are for tennis players who are already nearing their early forced retirements.:devil:

Rub
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:30 AM
i want to see a clijsters-capriati and henin-hardenne-davenport semifinals! it's like the us open only reversed!

sbmh
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Go Kimmie and Jen ! :)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:05 PM
LOL "Fans?"

I think it would be better for Jennifer to meet and beat Kim , than to "benefit" from Kim pulling out.

disposablehero
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:02 PM
LOL "Fans?"

I think it would be better for Jennifer to meet and beat Kim , than to "benefit" from Kim pulling out.

Indeed it would. But there is the small matter of having to beat someone that has been a better player than her for well over a year, sometimes by a very wide margin.

CapFan#1
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Indeed it would. But there is the small matter of having to beat someone that has been a better player than her for well over a year, sometimes by a very wide margin.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ANOTHER DISPOSABLE POST BY DISPOABLEHERO.... by a very wide margin... how do you figure???..... they played each other twice this year, and both times went to 3 sets, and in the 2nd match, Jen re-injured her shoulder and pulled her pectoral muscle... and it still went 3 sets :rolleyes:

We all know you dont like Jen, so PLEASE just stay out of post regarding her and spread your hate somewhere else :fiery:

Trish101
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:08 AM
exactly Disposable hero is a perfect name, trash is his game, and im the trash collector, get in or ill scrap your shit off this Forum peice by fucking peice, biotch :devil:

Trish101
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:11 AM
anyways his Post is non plausible considering Jen has 3 (4 counting the 'golden slam' jen has from Barcelona) slams and may just bag 1 or 2 more, while Kim has problems even winning 1 SET in a final! So Disposable hero id worry about the QUEEN of chokers, Kim and not Jennifer fucking Capriati!

Knizzle
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:11 AM

Stinging truth.

Trish101
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:41 AM
so what? shes been in every final? doesnt make her a beter player than Jennifer, shes simply played better at the right moments, Jennifer didnt. I actually think Jennifer has more talent...but thats just my opinion

disposablehero
Oct 14th, 2003, 12:47 AM
so what? shes been in every final? doesnt make her a beter player than Jennifer, shes simply played better at the right moments, Jennifer didnt. I actually think Jennifer has more talent...but thats just my opinion

Which "right moments" are those? Like when playing a top 10 player or a match that even remotely matters? Let's see now, in the past year and a half,

Kim has 11 titles, 2 Grand Slam Finals, 1 victory over Serena Williams, 2 over Venus Williams, 5 over Justine Henin-Hardenne, 7 over Lindsay Davenport.

Jenn has 1,0,0,0,1, and 1.

That's a lot of right moments. You may begin "scraping my shit off this forum" at your leisure.

locks
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Which "right moments" are those? Like when playing a top 10 player or a match that even remotely matters? Let's see now, in the past year and a half,

Kim has 11 titles, 2 Grand Slam Finals, 1 victory over Serena Williams, 2 over Venus Williams, 5 over Justine Henin-Hardenne, 7 over Lindsay Davenport.

Jenn has 1,0,0,0,1, and 1.

That's a lot of right moments. You may begin "scraping my shit off this forum" at your leisure.

Yep...All Hail Fat Nasty :hearts:

Trish101
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Jennifer, fat? yeah youve got it together! :rolleyes:

Jen'sFan
Oct 14th, 2003, 01:58 PM
LOL Trish. You know calling Jennifer fat is so 'high school'. I guess most of the ppl who post this shit arent even in high school yet are they? I mean she aint even remotely fat but i guess haters will just say anything...

*abby*
Oct 14th, 2003, 02:23 PM
i no dam serendy willicks for her whole fat nasty thing (not really). jenny is not fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*abby*
Oct 14th, 2003, 05:06 PM
jennifer is not fat she is far from it!I would kill for a body like hers as would most of u!!!care to post your sizes....didnt think so!!!and i no ppl will say "our size is irrelevant" but once u have all drooped however many hundred lbs it is and got to jenny weight (which isunderweight for an athlete orf her height etc) then u can start whining!!!for gods sake stop obsessing over r jen and concentrate on your own fave like normal people.as is said in sum1s sig when u bash like this the basher is saying more about themselves then they are about the bashee!!!!