PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Matches on DVD?

alexusjonesfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:42 PM
I'd like to make a list of all the places from where I could get tennis matches on dvd (I'd like to purchase a few without having to worry about changing formats on video or having degraded quality later etc.). I only know of Tennisvideos.net so far but I'm sure there are many other places. So, where are they available?

Thanks in advance ;)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Bumpitty Bump :)

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:32 PM
I wann know too...:D

LeonHart
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:35 PM
I neeeeeeed the Martina Steffi French '99 final!!! I emailed that tennisvideo guy and still no response. ah! :rain:

faboozadoo15
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:40 AM
why only on dvd? just curious... i love old (well a year at least) tennis matches too. if anyone has a lotta monica tapes-- i'm interested.

alfajeffster
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:50 AM
I have quite a few tennis matches on VHS, none on DVD. If anyone is interested in matches from 1989-1999, I've actually got quite a few and would be willing to trade for matches I'm looking for.

Plenty of Monica Seles, Steffi Graf, Gabriela Sabatini, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, Jana Novotna, some Martina Navratilova,- hell, I even have Steffi vs. Lindsay from the 1994 Australian Open early rounds- you should see how pudgy Lindsay is!!!

tennisvideos
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Hello LeonHart

Yes, I do have the match you want on DVD but I haven't received any message from you?????

You can email me at: tennisvideos1@bigpond.com

For those after videos from the past you can go to:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/tennisvideos1/

AjdeNate!
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Great service tennisvideos has. I highly recommend!!

shap_half
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:55 AM
TV, I e-mailed you but you didn't email me back. I was very hurt! I need my Jen/Justine Semi please?

hingis-seles
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Great service tennisvideos has. I highly recommend!!

:yeah:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:33 AM
faboozadoo, I was looking into DVDs because I don't want to have issues with PAL/NTSC etc. if the video source is overseas and plus being a student, I don't have a tv and vcr but I do have a dvd drive on my computer.

Thanks for the info tennisvideos! I know I should email you for further questions, but I think it would be faster if I just post here: Is there accompanying commentary with the match? (i.e. is it off a broadcast by bbc/espn etc.?). If so, which station commentary is it most often? And I'm assuming to ask about specific prices, I'm going to have to email you, but are all the matches equally priced or some priced more than others?

LeonHart
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Ok I'll send you another email then. :)

tennisvideos
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Apologies to anyone who may have emailed and no reply. Most of my spare time has been visiting Dad in the hospital... and I can't even recall getting any emails.

Half Shap - can you send me an email at: tennisvideos1@bigpond.com

Thanks Seles and Hingis-Seles :)

Caelestia - I think the 99 French has Fox Sports Australia commentary. So it is in English but I don't know who they are off hand. Best to email me for more info. :)

alexusjonesfan
Oct 8th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Caelestia - I think the 99 French has Fox Sports Australia commentary. So it is in English but I don't know who they are off hand. Best to email me for more info. :)

and best wishes to you dad :)

Lindsita
Oct 9th, 2003, 09:52 AM
:bounce: Do you have any matches on DVD with Jennifer Capriati? :worship:

tennisvideos
Oct 9th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Hi Lindsita

I do have some with Jen.... send me an email to:
tennisvideos1@bigpond.com and then as soon as I have a little time I will send you a list of her matches that I have on DVD.

Craig :)

Love-seles
Oct 15th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Hi Craig. i have been trying to contact you for awhile. your bigpond email box is full and rejects any messsages. i forgot what your other address is. im sorry to hear about your dad. :sad: hope its nothing
serious. and he will be home soon. Take care man.