PDA

View Full Version : Collins Cup????

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:24 PM
This was an exibition event last year in dubin!!! It was US VS Europe! I think Serena,Venus,Lindsay,Jen and monica played! is it on this year??? if so who is playing???

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:26 PM
This was an exibition event last year in dubin!!! It was US VS Europe! I think Serena,Venus,Lindsay,Jen and monica played! is it on this year??? if so who is playing???

I don't know about this year. I remember hearing about it last year because Bovina beat her idol Venus in three sets. Venus was the only American to lose.

Venus :o LOL!!!

Jarrett
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:53 PM
I heard that event has been cacelled and won't be back.

croat123
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:19 PM
oh no! that was such a great event

Snuffkin
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:20 PM
There was apparently an issue because the charities never got their money either. Safe to say, it's gone and ain't coming back. It's hardly a surprise though - the supposed Trilogy of tennis, fashion and music never materialised. The music side of things never took place, so they didn't manage to organise it even it the first year.

All of which means Jennifer has managed to kill off not only the Wightman Cup (back in 1989, I think) but now this. Bless her...

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:03 AM
NO!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

RYNJ
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:09 AM
they should have done USA vs the World, but it probably would have been European players representing the world anyways...

xr6turbo
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Hey RYNJ, u spelt Myskina wrong in your signature!!

jenny161185
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:24 PM
I was at it last year and It was great - They apparently ran into massive debts this year so its been cacelled :( was a great concept though just like the rider cup - Bovina played an amazing match against Venus she was almost unstoppable!

Mrs. Peel
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:19 AM
I think the exhibition went bankrupt and the the tournament director was being sued for fraud...that's what I read somewheres... :cool:

Dymension
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Noooo! :sad: :sad:

esquímaux
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Are there ANY exhibitions that'll take place this fall/winter???

Aerien
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah. I taped that Venus vs. Bovina match. :)

It was a good concept.
USA:...............................Europe:
Capriati............................Hantuchova
Davenport.........................Bovina
Seles...............................Majoli
Serena.............................Schett
Venus..............................(can't remember)

The doubles were the most entertaining. I liked the pairing of Lindsay and Monica. :)

:sad: that it won't be back.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah. I taped that Venus vs. Bovina match. :)

It was a good concept.
USA:...............................Europe:
Capriati............................Hantuchova
Davenport.........................Bovina
Seles...............................Majoli
Serena.............................Schett
Venus..............................(can't remember)

The doubles were the most entertaining. I liked the pairing of Lindsay and Monica. :)

:sad: that it won't be back.

i believe it was miss.kournikova!!!