PDA

View Full Version : NEWSWEEK Cover Article On Kobe Bryant Mentions Venus

lizchris
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Appaarently Kobe had a cursh on Venus in 2000. When she won Wimbeldon, he sent her a bunch of roses.

Ballbuster
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM
......What!!!

Venus was probably scared of boys back then.

Car Key Boi
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:08 PM
REMINDER: Venus prefers THICK VEINY ITALIAN cock

that is all

- Car Key Boi :cool:

lizchris
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Now that you mention it, Venus was involved with Davide at that time (and still is) and wouldn't have had time for Kobe. In fact, I think Venus would have been too worldly for him since she has traveled the world playing tennis since she was a teenager and Kobe, though he lived in Italy, he was REALLY sheltered.

If anyone gets a chance, they should read the whole NEWSWEEK article.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Kobe is a much better look for Venus...Much more to her standard...:o

lizchris
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Kobe is a much better look for Venus...Much more to her standard...:o

Um, I don't think Venus should go anywhere near him now, considered he is being accused of rape (which I think he is inncoent of).

Ballbuster
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:29 PM

that is all

If so, she don't have no taste.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM

:worship:

G-Ha
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:49 PM
It's funny to me how insecure some people are that they feel threatened because Venus chooses to date a white man. And so much so, that some would rather see her date an accused rapist (albeit innocent until proven guilty) who is black than see her date a white man.

gweeny
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Thank goodness, she stayed clear away from the adulterer. (at least that's all he is guilty of for now)

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:46 PM

I guess you have tasted thick veiny italian cock to be giving this opinion?

Ballbuster
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:49 PM
I guess you have tasted thick veiny italian cock to be giving this opinion?

I haven't and don't want to taste anything that don't look like me. BLACK. No I'm not racist. I'm just into my own. Don't take it personal, I'm sure white people would prefer their own too.

Ballbuster
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:51 PM
It's funny to me how insecure some people are that they feel threatened because Venus chooses to date a white man. And so much so, that some would rather see her date an accused rapist (albeit innocent until proven guilty) who is black than see her date a white man.

Actually, I would. I think they would make a damn good couple. All 6'7" of Kobe and all 6'1" of Venus.

Actually, Venus would be the lucky one.

the cat
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I'm not surprised Kobe likes Venus. But once Vanessa entered the picture she was destined to become Kobe's wife. Unfortuntely his marrying Vanessa upset his parents so much they didn't talk for a long time. But Kobe needs his parents now. And I hope they are there for him.

Liz, you think Kobe is "innocent"? What do you base that on? The stitches the girl received in her rectum from Kobe. I mean allegedly of course. I'm willing to let the trial take place and then I will make my judgement on his guilt or innonence. But we all know Bryant was guilty of selfishness and stupidity.

I'm a Lakers fan. But things are only going to get worse for Bryant once the trial takes place. His mental toughness is really going to be put to the test this year. And even if he is found not guilty his image will be sullied beyond repair. But he will still be a great basketball player. And sadly that's what matters most to some people.

Car Key Boi
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:04 PM
I'm sure white people would prefer their own too.

not Davide by all accounts - and good for him, he may be THICK VEINY ITALIAN COCK but by all accounts he's been good for Venus and faithful blah

i'm a huge fan of Kobe but... even if he is innocent of the rape he's still a sack of poo for cheating on his beautiful wife

Infiniti2001
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Actually, I would. I think they would make a damn good couple. All 6'7" of Kobe and all 6'1" of Venus.

Actually, Venus would be the lucky one.

You're kidding right?? So she'd be lucky to be with a cheat ehh? :eek: :rolleyes:

harloo
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:25 PM
My goodness people, all he said was he had a crush on her back in 2000. I mean that's a compliment, take it as it is. No need to call Kobe a rapist etc.

Me personally I prefer my own, but what right does anyone else have to tell someone they should hook up because of color? It's really unfair too tell someone who they should love.

Venus loves who she loves and that's none of our business really. Maybe if people would spend more time developing their own relationships they would not have to live through someone else's. :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Man! Venus would be kicking Kobe's ass! She wouldn't put up with the dumb shit like his trophy wife is .. HAHAHAHA.. guys like Kobe are young in the head and like weak women.

Venus has her own business and is imho not Kobe's type at all. Regardless if they are both black or not. Venus is too mature for Kobe. Kobe is happy with his wifey anyway.. lmao.

bottom line Kobe is still sowing his oates and Venus imho does not have time for that .

*JR*
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:51 PM

that is all

Notice how (whatever color), Davide isn't a PERSON to this pathetic piece of sewer sludge, only a penis. So RB, you and I could debate interracial relationships and stuff like in the old days, but not on a board with 30-year old pre-teens like this. (Wait, check that MFer's ID)! :lol:

Car Key Boi
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:55 PM
i can't help it roger - i listen to too much hip hop

btw, yuo miss yuor trophy, right? :lol:

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:58 PM
i can't help it roger - i listen to too much hip hop

What does hip hop have to do with this?

*JR*
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Hush, Knizzle, let the child play with his new "tois" such as the line above. (He may only appear mentally retarded). :devil:

Ballbuster
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:20 PM
not Davide by all accounts - and good for him, he may be THICK VEINY ITALIAN COCK but by all accounts he's been good for Venus and faithful blah

i'm a huge fan of Kobe but... even if he is innocent of the rape he's still a sack of poo for cheating on his beautiful wife

So fucking what. He cheated, big doo doo, he admitted that. Hell, I cheated most of the time. For you to be a man, you act like a child. Nonetheless, Kobe didn't rape that gal. He screwed he in the butt. Now that the sodomy laws have been struck down by the Supreme Court (recently) they no longer have any case.

end of story.

Car Key Boi
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:26 PM

hip hop has made me the way i am. Roger is right, i'm a fucking loozer and it's all because of hip hop. A few months ago hip hop cost me my job, my apartment in Hillsbourgh, my house in Pasadena, my bungalow in Dado Florida and other properties around the world

i had been passed over for a promotion at work and i became miserable in my work situation. I (mistakenly) took solace in wtaworldtard. What started as casual posting to avoid the job i had come to despise soon turned into a fucking obsession. It was not that I found anything healthy here, quite the opposite, yuo GM tards and loozers fueled my bitterness and rage with yuor constant fighting over tennis players

normally, i am shy and introverted, wtaworld and yuo people enticed the worst aspects of my personality to surface. First, i began posting at home, then i would post all day at work, come home, post until 4am, have a few hours sleep, go to work, and begin posting again. A vicious and destructive cycle that i couldn't stop

everyone here seems to be a hip hop fan so i started listening to it so that i could fit in with yuo tards. I wanted to be accepted and i thought hip hop was the answer. I now have at least 60 of the top selling hip hop albums, all spewing forth the same sexist, racism and bigotry bullshit. None of this was me, i found it here and it has become me. Perhaps i was weak, but it was yuo hip hop tards who made me into a fucking loozer. I started to listen to it when i was posting, i listened to it in the car on the way to work, i would listen to it compulsively at home, and then i started sneaking a Walkman into work. Soon after i was fired. I am drunk, tired, bitter and intolerant. I have fallen so far in a promising career and i'm about to hit skid row

i lost all my real estate properties in Cali, Florida, West Indies, London and Venezuala and now i'm holed up in my dank basement apartment with little other than a laptop and a toilet posting here, as usual. I have 100k in debt, no assets, no job, a bankrupt company, no source of income, sixty days of cash, and sixty days until i get evicted. And i have only one thing to keep me sane - posting here whilst listening to fucking hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!

- Car Key Boi :mad:
(currently listening to "Fuck The Police" by NWA)

CC
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:04 PM
The power of Hip Hop!

A brilliant testimonal CKB. Simply brilliant.

Let's give him a hand everybody. :hatoff:

Infiniti2001
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:08 PM
So fucking what. He cheated, big doo doo, he admitted that. Hell, I cheated most of the time. For you to be a man, you act like a child. Nonetheless, Kobe didn't rape that gal. He screwed he in the butt. Now that the sodomy laws have been struck down by the Supreme Court (recently) they no longer have any case.

end of story.

and venus would be lucky to have that in life?? UGH!!! :tape:

lizchris
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:29 AM
I'm not surprised Kobe likes Venus. But once Vanessa entered the picture she was destined to become Kobe's wife. Unfortuntely his marrying Vanessa upset his parents so much they didn't talk for a long time. But Kobe needs his parents now. And I hope they are there for him.

Liz, you think Kobe is "innocent"? What do you base that on? The stitches the girl received in her rectum from Kobe. I mean allegedly of course. I'm willing to let the trial take place and then I will make my judgement on his guilt or innonence. But we all know Bryant was guilty of selfishness and stupidity.

I'm a Lakers fan. But things are only going to get worse for Bryant once the trial takes place. His mental toughness is really going to be put to the test this year. And even if he is found not guilty his image will be sullied beyond repair. But he will still be a great basketball player. And sadly that's what matters most to some people.

Before I respond to your post, the cat, I just want to say I don't know what butt sex and hip hop have to do with this thread. ALl Iwas pointing out is that Venus was metnionned the NEWSWEEK cover story on Kobe and that he had some sort of cursh on her.

Now to the above post. the cat, I believe that Kobe is innocent because both parties said the sex was consentual and I think she has buyer's remorse after the sex, i.e., everyone in the place knew she had sex with a married black man, she was going to be the talk of her job and community and looked upon as a slut, as well as being fired (employees are not supposed to sleep with guests at spas). To prevent that from happening, she cried rape.

BTW, there was no evidence that anal sex took place between th both of them, according to medica records that were leaked earlier this summer.

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Before I respond to your post, the cat, I just want to say I don't know what butt sex and hip hop have to do with this thread.
Actually, there is a connection. (If you visit Non-Tennis, you'll see that a total asshole has been trying to blame that on hip hop)! :lol:

starr
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:51 AM
LizChris.

Both parties have not said the sex was consensual. The State of Colorado (one party) has said that it was non-consensual and therefore charged Bryant with rape. Bryant (the other party) has said that the sex was consensual.

If the alleged victim had said the sex was consensual the State of Colorado would not be maintaining the prosecution against Bryant.

starr
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Oh, and the medical records were not "leaked" but they were ordered by the court to be released to the press.

lizchris
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:28 AM
LizChris.

Both parties have not said the sex was consensual. The State of Colorado (one party) has said that it was non-consensual and therefore charged Bryant with rape. Bryant (the other party) has said that the sex was consensual.

If the alleged victim had said the sex was consensual the State of Colorado would not be maintaining the prosecution against Bryant.

Well, then someone changed their story because NEWSWEEK is reporting that both said the sex started out as consentual, but then he and she differ on how it ended. Just that admission is enough for me to say that he isn't guilty and a jury may say the same.

the cat
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Liz, I never said anything about hip hop.

And it's never been confirmed by both parties that the sex was consenual. If that was the case then the District Attorney wouldn't have filed criminal charges against Kobe Bean Bryant.

DunkMachine
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Whites bring problems, I've seen it happen many times before :p

SJW
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:31 AM
:worship:

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Whites bring problems, I've seen it happen many times before :p

Huh??

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Well, then someone changed their story because NEWSWEEK is reporting that both said the sex started out as consentual, but then he and she differ on how it ended.
I think it ended in the end..... :o

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Well, then someone changed their story because NEWSWEEK is reporting that both said the sex started out as consentual, but then he and she differ on how it ended. Just that admission is enough for me to say that he isn't guilty and a jury may say the same.

Yes, and noone has mentioned the fact that this woman was reportedly at a party about a week after the incident bragging to partygoers about the size of Bryants anatomy. As MSNBC reported.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:43 PM
That's what he gets for fucking around with trailor trash. He should have either kept his dick in his pants, or paid a ho.

Emmett Till

lizchris
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Yes, and noone has mentioned the fact that this woman was reportedly at a party about a week after the incident bragging to partygoers about the size of Bryants anatomy. As MSNBC reported.

I forgot about that.

I hope this comes into the trial because if it does, I don't seehim being convicted.

griffin
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by lizchris
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, and we know the media is always accurate, and never just repeats whats already been printed without checking out the story.

I'm not saying the man is guilty, but given the conflicting reports and the spin, you have to take reporting on "scandal" cases like this with a pound of salt.

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:21 PM
That's what he gets for fucking around with trailor trash. He should have either kept his dick in his pants, or paid a ho.

Ho's in Eagle Co. Colorado??? I'm "shocked, shocked". :eek:

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Yes, and we know the media is always accurate, and never just repeats whats already been printed without checking out the story.

I'm not saying the man is guilty, but given the conflicting reports and the spin, you have to take reporting on "scandal" cases like this with a pound of salt.

I would see your point if this was the national enquirer we were talking about here. But this is MSNBC one of the most through and respected news outlets in the country. I am more inclined to believe them any day of the week. But you are right we should see the evidence first, I'm looking for a court of laws opinion.

griffin
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Hate to break it to you, MSNBC is just as likely to repeat something that was reported elsewhere as any other major news outlet. Things get repeated/reported often enough - even by the bottom feeders, and they take on a life of their own.

The "big" stuff is one thing - that's probably reliable, imo, but the details (esp. things like who told what story when, who said what at a party, my friend xyz told me Kobe did the same to her, blah blah) I wouldn't bank on even if it is MSNBC.

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Hate to break it to you, MSNBC is just as likely to repeat something that was reported elsewhere as any other major news outlet. Things get repeated/reported often enough - even by the bottom feeders, and they take on a life of their own.

The "big" stuff is one thing - that's probably reliable, imo, but the details (esp. things like who told what story when, who said what at a party, my friend xyz told me Kobe did the same to her, blah blah) I wouldn't bank on even if it is MSNBC.
Actually, Griff, a new sort of news ethic emerged with 3 seperate 24-hour US cable networks doing all news 24 hours a day, and needing to both fill that time and "get it first". A tabloid like the National Enquirer gets a scoop (for cash) and runs with it. (Sometimes they're on target, as with Clinton-Lewinsky, sometimes not). It gets "buzz" so mainstream media do stories re. "Was it responsible to publish..." thus getting the story onto their own pages or airtime "indirectly".

Car Key Boi
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:31 AM

hey knizzle, be honest with the Car Key Boi

are yuo sorry yuo asked me that question? :devil:

decemberlove
Oct 8th, 2003, 08:17 AM
italians arent really white.

one of my favorite quotes... Simon Bolivar said: "We are no longer European just as Spain is no longer European, because of its African blood, character and institutions."

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:26 PM
italians arent really white.

one of my favorite quotes... Simon Bolivar said: "We are no longer European just as Spain is no longer European, because of its African blood, character and institutions."

Yeah that's what they say when they're trying to split the dark opal. How convienent :rolleyes:

Paneru
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:35 PM
This again! :rolleyes:

Who cares!
Who Venus decides to love is her business
and people would be served to take care
of their own rather than critiquing someone they hardly know.

Back to topic,
How sweet of Kobe!
Not surprised at all,
Venus is gorgeous! :hearts:

As for all of his legal troubles,
we don't know all the facts and IMO
he's innocent until proven guilty.

Not, guilty until proven innocent,
as it seems to be the trend anymore
in this country, especially where black men are concerned!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Emmett Till

Did Kobe think he was immune? Did he think his money could keep him from being brought down by Ms. Sally Mae, crying rape?

Did he not have enough lessons learned from the mistakes of others? At least he wasn't in Texas, or Indian Wells.

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Innocent until proven guilty is only a legal standard, and it is one that has been twisted about somewhat. It only means that the state must prove it's case, and that the defense does not have to put on a case at all if the state does not meet its burden. It certainly doesn't mean the person is actualy innocent of the crime. It might be that the person has actually comitted the crime, but the state is unable to prove his guilt by evidence that is allowed to be presented in a court.

Everyone not on the jury is free to make up their minds anyway they want.

It is interesting to me, particularly in some of the shiller posts on this board, that Kobe as with OJ seems to have become more a symbol of the oppression that black people feel in this country. It is important apparently to believe that Kobe is innocent for emotional reasons that go beyond the evidence.

I don't know what the evidence will show, and I am waiting to find out. I hear things but I am not able to make complete sense of it and I don't know if it is true. I'll wait until the case is presented to make up my mind. I do see that Kobe is on a complete media blitz to rehabilitate his image. To me that is not inconsistent with either guilt or innocence. But, it is interesting.

My counsel is to adopt a wait and see attitude before judging either Kobe or the person making the charges. I see that some here are eager to champion Kobe as innocent and rather self righteous about saying he is innocent until proven guilty, but yet are quite ready to say that his accuser is a liar, trailer (or is that trailor) trash, etc. etc. without actually knowing anything about her, her injuries, her whereabouts, her motives, or anything else.