PDA

View Full Version : Yetunde didn't pass away, or die of natural causes

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:44 PM
She was murdered! My brother was shot to death by a co-workers ex-bf, and it irked me when people spoke about his death like it was a natural occurrance....

:fiery:

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. You may now return to your reg. scheduled bickering. :wavey:

alfajeffster
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:46 PM
She was murdered! My brother was shot to death by a co-workers ex-bf, and it irked me when people spoke about his death like it was a natural occurrance....

:fiery:

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. You may now return to your reg. scheduled bickering. :wavey:

I never understood that either- why is it so terrible to print an obituary that states the cause of death? Why does it have to be glossed over?

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM
People can't handle the truth, and would rather live in fantasy rather than reality. I am of a scientific mind, and would much rather deal in reality.

treufreund
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM
It is terribly disrespecting to yetunde and her loved ones that it is glossed over. This poor woman WAS BRUTALLY GUNNED DOWN IN HER VEHICLE! :fiery: :sad:

Where is the outrage over this? I don't understand the total lack of anger over this. It is almost as if people now expect and accept this kind of horrible violence in America now.

My heart aches for Yetunde's memory and for the Williams (even tho they have never been my faves I do feel truly very sad for them) but I am also angry. It is good to be angry. Sometimes in this country we don't want to deal with reality.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:40 PM
How has Germany dealt w/the reality of gunther parche attempting to murder Monica Seles? I don't recall seeing any outrage in Germany at the time of his trial.

treufreund
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:47 PM
why are you asking me that question? Monica did not DIE! (thank god!!) YETUNDE DIED!!!

Also Parche is INSANE!!! Whereas the man who murdered Yetunde is not insane; just heartless.

At the time Monica was attacked I did not follow tennis nor did I live in Germany. But the point is not usa or germany in this thread. the point is the reaction of people ON THIS BOARD which is international

Bella
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Read some obits. Cause of death is often not mentioned or is summed up in general categories. It's an obituary, not a crime report.

It's impossible for people to refer to death without offending people whose sensibilities are on hyper-alert. If people give them space, they complain about people staying away from them when they need them the most. If people don't give them space, they complain about the intrusion. Nobody knows how to bring up the death so as not to trigger the worst of their pain. Nothing is going to sit right with them when they are hurting. So, we talk as carefully as we can about 'passing on' and we never want to bring it up because it might be something they are managing not to dwell on at that moment. This is not offense given, it's just offense taken.

disposablehero
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:34 AM
Read some obits. Cause of death is often not mentioned or is summed up in general categories. It's an obituary, not a crime report.

It's impossible for people to refer to death without offending people whose sensibilities are on hyper-alert. If people give them space, they complain about people staying away from them when they need them the most. If people don't give them space, they complain about the intrusion. Nobody knows how to bring up the death so as not to trigger the worst of their pain. Nothing is going to sit right with them when they are hurting. So, we talk as carefully as we can about 'passing on' and we never want to bring it up because it might be something they are managing not to dwell on at that moment. This is not offense given, it's just offense taken.

Cause of death is generally not mentioned if it is violence or substance abuse. Occasionally in the case of long-term illness the illness will be mentioned. The way dead people are glossed over or given some magical accomplishment really annoys me. Like the two Canadian soldiers who died from a mine in Afghanistan recently. They are now "Heroes". Why is that? Every peacekeeper in Afghanistan is just as much a hero as these guys, unless of course the guys deliberately drove onto a landmine for some noble purpose.

Experimentee
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Cause of death is generally not mentioned if it is violence or substance abuse. Occasionally in the case of long-term illness the illness will be mentioned. The way dead people are glossed over or given some magical accomplishment really annoys me. Like the two Canadian soldiers who died from a mine in Afghanistan recently. They are now "Heroes". Why is that? Every peacekeeper in Afghanistan is just as much a hero as these guys, unless of course the guys deliberately drove onto a landmine for some noble purpose.

Yeah that annoys me too. Its like once here there was a landslide, and only one survivor, and he was known as a 'hero'. Why is he the hero and the others not? He might have only lived at someone elses expense.
In wars, the soldiers who die are remembered as heroes, and others are pretty much forgotten. Same thing there. :rolleyes:

DA FOREHAND
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Well the same can be said for the victims of 9-11, what makes them more worthy to receive a million dollar pay-out than say ...Oklahoma City, or hell Wacko!?

*JR*
Oct 10th, 2003, 05:22 PM
(For about the 13th time) does anyone know if they're actively seeking the reported second shooter? :confused: