PDA

View Full Version : "She was too strong, too good," said Henin, who lost the 2001 final in three sets. "S

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:55 PM
"She was too strong, too good," said Henin, who lost the 2001 final in three sets. "She didn't make a lot of mistakes. She didn't let me play. She was so aggressive, so powerful. 'What could I do?" :worship: :worship:

The Crow
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Okay okay, we already know by now Venus is the best ever, cause
a. she has a better rank than Anna K right now,
b. she beat Justine 2 years ago.

It's pretty clears isn't it? All hail queen Vee :worship:

ns_Henin
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:58 PM
whats ur point?

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Actually she crushed her earlier this year, 6-3 6-3, and yes I know it was before justine became the dope player she is today. :lol:

tenn_ace
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Actually she crushed her earlier this year, 6-3 6-3, :lol:

yeah... but it happened when Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was a dope player... :haha:

Kart
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:06 PM
She was so aggressive, so powerful. 'What could I do?"

Well you could have let Monica beat you in the QF Justine :mad:.

Jen'sFan
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Pointless thread

CC
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Only the usual stuff

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:13 PM
The point of this thread is to show what justine's state of mind was when facing Queen V!

She has pretty much said the same thing after ea. loss to Venus. BTW there have been seven straight.

harloo
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Sorry but IMO Henin has not changed too much as a player since the AO this year. Venus will continue to have her number. ;)

Jen'sFan
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Yeah but she hasnt played her since she won rg

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah but she hasnt played her since she won rg

pointless post. Gamsesmanship doesn't rattle Venus. ;)

Volcana
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:43 PM
And, in 2003, JH2 came in stronger, better, made fewer mistakes and didn't let her opponents play. She was aggressive and powerful.

Justine no favorite of mine, but you have to admire a player who sees her deficiencies and adreses them. The very things she described as Venus' advantages in 2001 were the things she spent the next two years addressing, with fairly positive results.

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:52 PM
And, in 2003, JH2 came in stronger, better, made fewer mistakes and didn't let her opponents play. She was aggressive and powerful.

Justine no favorite of mine, but you have to admire a player who sees her deficiencies and adreses them. The very things she described as Venus' advantages in 2001 were the things she spent the next two years addressing, with fairly positive results.

thats the only thing i respect her for. I wish the other top players would do the same for the areas in their game that are lacking.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:59 PM
What is Kim "lacking" killer instinct? Jennifer?

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:04 PM
"She was too strong, too good," said Henin, who lost the 2001 final in three sets. "She didn't make a lot of mistakes. She didn't let me play. She was so aggressive, so powerful. 'What could I do?" :worship: :worship:

She said that after the 2002 semi didn't she!!

SerenaSlam
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:11 PM
the thread and post is stupid. we know that right now venus is better than justine. over time justine may catch up with the williams sisters. but stop rubbin it in.

jbone_0307
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:46 PM
This is soooo stupid, kinda reflects on the person who posted this pointless thread

PatM04
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Can't belive I even took the time to read this thread.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:12 AM
"What is Kim "lacking" killer instinct? Jennifer?"
Something worth replying to in this thread.. I'm not sure what kim is lacking.. she's got game.. just can't convert those big wins.. Jennifer is a head case.. don't get me wrong i love jen, but she should have won that us open match against Henin.. but as soon as she gets to three sets she like freaks out because of her three set history.. She needs to let that go and get bcak to where she was in 2001(AO and RG)

LeonHart
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:41 AM
:haha::lol: SerenaSlam you had me there :haha:

Henin is a very different player from now and earlier in the year. Clijsters used to beat Henin quite easily on hardcourts, now its Henin who has the advantage.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:45 AM
haha so true! Henin has improved so much.. Everyone is improving while the williams sisters are just... well in the same spot they have been.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:55 AM
haha so true! Henin has improved so much.. Everyone is improving while the williams sisters are just... well in the same spot they have been.

TUT TUT....Hold on there a minute. If the WS have not improved as you say (which is ridiculous) then the rest of the tour should be ashamed because they are still not close to approaching the level of either sister.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:11 AM
They have not improved recently...and the rest of the tour has caught up... incase you haven't noticed.. other players are good..Venus is better than Serena anyhow... and if you think the williams sisters are two of the greatest of all time.. you are insane.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:48 AM
They have not improved recently...and the rest of the tour has caught up... incase you haven't noticed.. other players are good..Venus is better than Serena anyhow... and if you think the williams sisters are two of the greatest of all time.. you are insane.

Why wouldn't the sisters be two of the greatest of all time?? They have 6 and 4 slams respectively and they are only 22 and 23 and still have time to win many more. Johnny Mac wass one of the WS biggest detractors in the past and even he said that the WS were already two of the G.O.A.T. None of the players have caught up to the WS because they still can't beat them consistently. Check the H2H's of the WS against the top ten. For instance Juju 3-5 against Serena, and 1-7 against Venus.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Hey i never said Venus wasn't good.. Since you always reply to me you would notice that I've repeatedly said Venus is better than Serena.. However.. neither of them can be called the greatest of all time.. They can NOT be compared to Seles, Graf, Navratilova, ... You can't even begin to say that they are up with those girls.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Hey i never said Venus wasn't good.. Since you always reply to me you would notice that I've repeatedly said Venus is better than Serena.. However.. neither of them can be called the greatest of all time.. They can NOT be compared to Seles, Graf, Navratilova, ... You can't even begin to say that they are up with those girls.

I didn't say THE greatest of all time. I said two OF the greatest of all time.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Either way... they are not in the greatest OF all time. Come back and talk to me when one of them has tied 22 with Graf..

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Either way... they are not in the greatest OF all time. Come back and talk to me when one of them has tied 22 with Graf..

They are two of the greatest players to have ever lived already.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Yeah.... right :rolleyes:

Volcana
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:00 PM
"What is Kim "lacking" killer instinct? Jennifer?"

I think in both cases, it's not an inate lack. It's a STYLE issue (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=2540786#post2540786)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Yes Knizzle that was from the 02 Wimbledon, and as witnessed by the slaughter of justine at 03 Wimby at the hands of Serena, the "new and "improved" slam winner is still "overrolled"(thank you Martina H) on surfaces outside of clay.

pigam
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Venus is a fave of mine (so is Justine) but this thread is SOOO STUPID. Oh my god !! :rolleyes:
Yes, she beats Justine almost evey time they play.
Yes, Justine always gives a lot of credit to Venus, saying Venus is the most difficult player for her to play.
Yes, Venus respects Justine, and doesn't gloat (atleast I think, you never know what happens in the lockerroom ;) )
Yes, they're both great players, each with their own qualities.
Yes, Venus won 7 times, but they havn't played eachother for almost a year !!
Yes, let's all look forward to the next season (or their next match)
No, no need to start a thread about it ... (yes, I know, I posted in it anyways ;) )

tennisjam
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:20 PM
DA FOREHAND...does Venus know you are deeply in love with her ? :hearts: ;)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:41 PM
I don't know that, but she knows I"m a big fan of hers, I told her so when I saw her in Lowell.

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Yes Knizzle that was from the 02 Wimbledon, and as witnessed by the slaughter of justine at 03 Wimby at the hands of Serena, the "new and "improved" slam winner is still "overrolled"(thank you Martina H) on surfaces outside of clay.
Word! Of course Justine´s improved.....but she´s still lacking on the faster surfaces.

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I feel really sorry for the willifans that need bullshit threads to pump themselves and their favs up soo much.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Me too...but don't say that to them.. they will jump all over you..

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:14 PM
I feel really sorry for the willifans that need bullshit threads to pump themselves and their favs up soo much.

I don't.

I enjoy watching them Gloat! Jealous :fiery:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:16 PM
It is kinda fun to watch them put down every player but Venus and Serena...

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
It's also fun to watch them make asses of themselves.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:37 PM
So true.. So true

DA FOREHAND
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:54 PM
It's also fun to watch them Kick justine and Kim's ass at Wimbledon. :bounce:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Hey guess what.. we aren't talking about ws making asses of themselves.. we're talking about people like you makin asses of themselves.. way to catch on though :lol:

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:16 PM
RG this year was definitely fun to watch!:haha:

bandabou
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:27 PM
RG this year was definitely fun to watch!:haha:

Nah, Wimbledon and the Oz open was more fun!

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:34 PM
It's also fun to watch them make asses of themselves.

This coming from Lord of the PeaWorld. Sorry, :lol: I had to say it!!

Martian KC
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:06 PM
This coming from Lord of the PeaWorld. Sorry, :lol: I had to say it!!

:confused:

Justinefan remember though, they live through their favs' lives. :sad:

Ballbuster
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Somebody needs to throw "HATERAID" in this thread.

SerialKiller#69
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Another disgusting thread.