PDA

View Full Version : Graf gave birth

snoop
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:48 PM
according to german news, Steffi Graf gave birth to her 2nd child last friday :D its a girl and called Jaz

:bounce:

Mase
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Awwwww Congrats! :bounce:

TennisHack
Oct 6th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Jazz? As in the musical style or as in Jasmine?

Jazz Agassi . . .hmm . . .

Infiniti2001
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Awww!! How cute!! Congrats Mr & Mrs Agassi :)

tennisjam
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Congrats :bounce:

Jazz, that's cool :cool:

Roxers
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:25 PM
aaww !!!

congrats to Steffi and Andre :D And all the best wishes :)

alfajeffster
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Many congratulations to the greatest singles player of all time!!!

Kart
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Congratulations Steffi :)

graf630
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Congrats!! To Steffi and Andre and big brother Jaden!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:52 PM

vaiva
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Congrats Steffi!

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:53 PM
congrats to them both :)
Jazz....... (this always reminds me of that stupid 80's song, "the only way is up":o

so does this mean Andre will get off his ass and play ???

bandabou
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:56 PM

Yeah, many many congratulations. But why is it: the greatest SINGLESplayer of all time?! Either you´re the greatest PLAYER or you are not.

Hurley
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Congrats to Steffi and Andre :D

But really...these names :o I didn't think Steffi was weird like Andre but perhaps this is a perfect match :o

gentenaire
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Congrats! :bounce:

I'm with you on the names, Hurley. What is it what Ja- names?

matthias
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Congrats Steffi Congrats Andre

Daniel
Congrats !!!!!

TheBoiledEgg
maybe baby #3 will be Jabba (the hut) :tape:

Doris Loeffel
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:01 PM
psst you have to eddidt a z!! it's Jaz ;)

still concrats to them (hmmm a month early or did they say the wrong date ;) )

Erdinger
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Congrats, Steffi and Andre :bounce:

Who wants to bet with me that Jaden Gill and Jaz both will be in the finals of Wimbledon 2020? :)

snoop
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:06 PM
psst you have to eddidt a z!! it's Jaz ;)

done ;)

:lol: Eggy, Jabba

Spirit
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Steffi chose "Jaden" because she loves the word "Jade," but her first child was a boy, so she made it into a masculine name.

I wonder if she's kicking herself now? :p

Congrats to her.

schris
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Congratulations :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MarcusRock
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I just hope she treats this kid better than she treats Jaden.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/JSteffi.gif

Spirit
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:18 PM
So what is Steffi going to do next time she's slated to play doubles with Andre? She's used one idea.

Mark Spruce
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Well Done Steffi and Andre

regards

Mark :wavey: :angel: :bounce: :worship:

apoet29
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:40 PM
GRAND SLAM FOR CHILDREN CONCERT BENEFIT: Agassi event brings in more than $12 million

Stars, toy tycoon share spotlight to help children

By DOUG ELFMAN
REVIEW-JOURNAL

Andre Agassi takes the stage Saturday at the Grand Slam for Children Benefit Concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Agassi said Ty Warner, the Beanie Baby creator, donated $6.3 million.
Photo by Christine H. Wetzel.

Sir Elton John had some choice words for comedian Dennis Miller during Saturday's event.

The spotlight shined bright on Sarah McLachlan on Saturday, her first performance in three years.

Sheryl Crow performs Saturday at the Grand Slam for Children Benefit Concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Comic Dennis Miller's rant against France drew the rage of Elton John who said Miller is why Americans are hated.

Andre Agassi hosted his eighth annual Grand Slam concert on Saturday, and raised another $6.3 million for kids' charities here in his hometown. But as soon as that amount was tabulated, a concert-goer dropped a bomb on Agassi, by donating a matching $6.3 million.

So, halfway through Saturday's concert, the tennis champ walked on stage, looking emotional and shocked-pale, to say that Ty Warner, the Beanie Baby creator and toy tycoon, had doubled the nightly take to $12.6 million.

None of that money will be used to pay the $1 million cost of staging the concert; all administrative costs were underwritten by companies, or covered by Agassi himself.

Much of the money goes to Child Haven and other organizations, Agassi's charitable foundation says. Most of the money is set aside for the inner-city Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy.

At the beginning of the event, an auction was held in the arena, where black-tie VIPs sat at banquet tables. They bid on dozens of items, one being a dinner date with Robin Williams and his wife. Two bidders spent $105,000 each for that dinner.

Another couple of bidders spent $95,000 each to attend a private tennis clinic with Agassi and his wife, Steffi Graf. Graf was absent, because she gave birth to a daughter on Friday, Agassi said.

When bidding stalled at $75,000 for his tennis clinic, Agassi said, "She will wear lingerie!" Another $25,000 later, bidding stalled again, and Agassi joked, "After lunch, we will watch home video of her giving birth!" The bidding didn't go up after that.

Tour de France legend Lance Armstrong showed up. Two people bid $120,000 each to cycle around Austin, Texas, with him. When his bidding stalled at $100,000, he shouted, "You can have my bike, too."

The concert was more subdued than that, featuring the lovely lilts of singer-songwriters Elton John, Billy Joel, Sarah McLachlan and Sheryl Crow.

McLachlan's performance was her first in three years. Her voice was more emotive than ever, pushing out a reedy whisper on "Angel" and a sublime cover of John's "Daniel."

Crow was the best I've heard her live, nailing all the swagger and depth of "If It Makes You Happy," and a sumptuous cover of John's "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word."

The '80s rock duo Tears for Fears played together for the first time in 13 years, resurrecting "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and covering John's "Rocket Man."

A 14-year-old unknown, Renee Olstead, did an oddly sultry, blues connotation of a Celine Dion-type, pop-diva performance of John's "Blue Eyes."

Joel played piano with a broken right hand. He sang with usual gusto on his own "My Life," and he covered the Frank Sinatra version of "One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)." John played "Tiny Dancer," "Your Song" and several others of his hits.

Comic actor Robin Williams gave a wacky performance. But comic actor Dennis Miller spit on the benevolent mood. He screamed out a dull and smashingly unfunny diatribe. Miller used to be hilarious. When did he turn into the crankiest old codger who ever existed?

Miller said the military should battle more countries, like France. Mocking France for applause lines today is akin to the acts of comedians who slandered Polish people in the 1970s. It's a lazy, played-out routine.

Miller's rage riled John, who got the last laugh.

"It's not an occasion to air your political dirty laundry," John said after singing "Tiny Dancer." The British singer said Miller is the kind of American who turns some people abroad against the United States.

"When people say, `Why do they hate us so much? Why do they hate us so much?' " John said before offering one answer: "Dennis Miller."

Then, all the other singers piled up on John's and Joel's pianos to sing John's "The Bitch Is Back" to the "Great Gatsby"-ish crowd that partied in formal wear for the sake of impoverished children. Yes, it was a little bizarre.

irma
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:57 PM
elle is a nice name, jaz well I guess you need to get used to it;)

Venus Forever
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Congrats Steffi and Andre!! :bounce: :bounce:

Jen'sFan
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Congrats to Andre and Steffi - they make such a cute couple!

alfajeffster
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:12 PM
elle is a nice name, jaz well I guess you need to get used to it;)

I wonder if it's really short for Jasmine?

jenglisbe
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Where are they getting these names?

tfannis
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Congrats Steffi and Andre :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

irma
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:18 PM
I wonder if it's really short for Jasmine?

yeah that might be but then I thought steffi disliked shortened names?;)

alfajeffster
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:22 PM
yeah that might be but then I thought steffi disliked shortened names?;)

Well, at least she didn't name her after Pete Sampras' nickname for Steffi: "THE DOMINATOR"! :lol:

ToeTag
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Well I think she should have named her Gabriela.After the woman who kicked her ass more times than anyone else.

irma
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM
and who's ass she also kicked more times then anybody else :p (could not resist;))

G-Ha
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah, many many congratulations. But why is it: the greatest SINGLESplayer of all time?! Either you´re the greatest PLAYER or you are not.

OK, no problem. Congratulations to the greatest PLAYER of all time. :)

Sofiane
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Jaz, special name :).
Congrats Steffi.

angele87
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Congrats to them :) :kiss:

Frau Antje
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:38 PM
:D

Nikki
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Congrats Steffi & Andre:bounce:

alexusjonesfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Steffi and Andre sittin in a tree...

Zamboni
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:54 PM
I actually like the name :) IMO it's better than Jaden Gil!

Congrats to the whole family :)

RAA
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Where are they getting these names?

LOL, I thought the same thing....

but congrats to the happy and growing family.

is it really like JAZZ? I guess there aren't many other ways it could be pronounced...

Jaz Elle and Jaden Gil. quite unique.

alexusjonesfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:30 PM
LOL, I thought the same thing....

but congrats to the happy and growing family.

is it really like JAZZ? I guess there aren't many other ways it could be pronounced...

Jaz Elle and Jaden Gil. quite unique.

yeah, I was wondering if it's pronounced Jazelle (like Giselle?) and which pronounciation is supposed to be used? German or Americanese?

the cat
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Congrats to Steffi and Andre! :D

possie
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Oh, congratualtions to them.....I'm glad they had a little girl! :angel:

AgassiGirl16
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:10 AM
I am so glad they have a little girl too! I hope she looks just like Jaden! Jaz Elle tho? Yuck! Elle is cute...but Jaz!

Curtis F
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:17 AM
I wonder if Steffi's family says "Yaz" and "Yaden". ;)

I think it would be fantastic if either of their kids (or both) becomes a tennis champ like their parents. :worship:

tinkerbell
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:55 AM
congrats to them both but Jaz Agassi erm not sure about that.
i kinda feel sorry for Jaz if she does become a pro oh the pressure she will be under from the media and fans

BasicTennis
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Jaden will rule ATP, whilst Jazz aims on WTA.;)

azza
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Jazz :bounce: :kiss:

geoepee
Oct 7th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Congrats to the Graf-Agassi family!

Can't wait to see the baby pictures..

kim4eva
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Congrats Steffi and Andre!!
Jaz is a nice name!!

gRaFiC
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Congratulations! But, Jaz, I dunno.

Honda makes a Honda Jazz.

Poe
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Congratulations! But, Jaz, I dunno.

Honda makes a Honda Jazz.

well just be thankful they didn't name her Honda ;)

tennisjam
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Jaz Elle :D cool... :cool:

like Jazz Ella...

that girl is gonna be a great musican, I tell you... ;) :bounce:

fleemke³
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:09 PM
congrats Steffi and Andre :D

shirley
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Many congrats to Steffi & Andre on the arrival of their new addition to their family.

There is a message posted on Steffi's offical website www.stefanie-graf.de

RYNJ
Oct 8th, 2003, 09:23 PM
that would be cool if one was #1 in WTA and the other #1 in ATP~!