PDA

View Full Version : If DementiewaMyskina go on like this, Venus is pushed out of "LA" before Advanta !!!

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Both are "hot" at the moment and are able, together with Amelie, to put some space in the rankings between them and Venus the next 3 weeks.

We´ve 3 weeks without Venus left and if Dementiewa and Myskina play all 3 of this successfully, it will be a big problem wether or not Venus can catch enough points to leave that 9th spot and become 8th again in Philadelphia. If all 3 players, Amelie Elena and Anastasya look at the Chase rankings, they´ll know about that and try to play Quebec or Advanta too then. That could be a race noone expects right now as everybody says "A Williams has to be "in"" but if the others deserve the spot according to their results, Venus could be "out".

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Both are "hot" at the moment and are able, together with Amelie, to put some space in the rankings between them and Venus the next 3 weeks.

We´ve 3 weeks without Venus left and if Dementiewa and Myskina play all 3 of this successfully, it will be a big problem wether or not Venus can catch enough points to leave that 9th spot and become 8th again in Philadelphia. If all 3 players, Amelie Elena and Anastasya look at the Chase rankings, they´ll know about that and try to play Quebec or Advanta too then. That could be a race noone expects right now as everybody says "A Williams has to be "in"" but if the others deserve the spot according to their results, Venus could be "out".

Venus will probably make it. No one is sure if Davenport is playing there, and Venus still has the option to play Zurich or Linz if she wants to. A win at Advanta would probably lock up a position for Venus no matter what.

Chance
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:05 AM
yeah I was just looking at the race to champs rankings and Myskina could push Venus out of the top 8 if she plays well in Filderstadt, thought both Dementieve and Myskina have interesting 1st round matches

7 VENUS WILLIAMS 2211.00 6
8 ELENA DEMENTIEVA 2210.00 24
9 ANASTASIA MYSKINA 2128.00 20

Mind you if Venus plays next week then her position is pretty much safe... though I highly doubt Venus will play.

Guess we have to wait and see, just hope Venus is emotionally and physically all right.

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:19 AM
sunset, the LA race is not based on the rankings 52-weeks overall but a seperate ranking based on points earned over the year.

In that race, Venus Amelie Elena and Myskina are much closer.

I think Venus won´t come to Europe for just one event and those mentioning Linz, Serena was to appear in Linz, not Venus.

I think the 3 Europeans have an excellent draw in Stuttgart with Amelie probably facing injured Kim, Myskina facing injured Lindsay and Elena facing tired Henin.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:23 AM
UGH!myskian instead of venus in the championships is a BIG NO NO!!!
win advanta vee!!!!!

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:25 AM
sunset, the LA race is not based on the rankings 52-weeks overall but a seperate ranking based on points earned over the year.

In that race, Venus Amelie Elena and Myskina are much closer.

I think Venus won´t come to Europe for just one event and those mentioning Linz, Serena was to appear in Linz, not Venus.

I think the 3 Europeans have an excellent draw in Stuttgart with Amelie probably facing injured Kim, Myskina facing injured Lindsay and Elena facing tired Henin.

Venus can always take Serena's place as they usually do, but I agree Venus probably won't go to Europe.

Chance
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:26 AM
lol for a second there I was doubting myself... ChrisGermany, I know that- I posted the current race to the champs.

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Hi sunset ;)

I already calculated my tips for Stuttgart and according to that Venus is no9 for LA after that with Myskina reaching the quarterfinals and ElenaD reaching the finals. If it comes to this or not, there are 2 more weeks left for the Europeans and I think it´s an interesting fact that the Williams -apart from the tragic circumstances at the moment and their injuries before that- always believe they create the "top pairing" in tennis which they usually are, yes, but if one does not make it a tragic year they already have to face I wonder which of the 2 will decide to go or if they decide to skip it both.

If the Europeans make enough points up to Advanta, Venus isn´t even able to go by winning it Philly.

ghosts
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Go Dementieva
Go Myskina

cool bird
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I dont see why everybody is worrying. If Venus want to play in philly she will play. There is no way that the oraganisers would not work out some way to get Venus in.
At the end of the day it comes down to money. And Venus is a huge draw card like her or not.
If Venus wants to play philly she will

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Serena probably won't play the YEC, so V would only have to be in top 9. More power to her.

viele
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Serena probably won't play the YEC, so V would only have to be in top 9. More power to her.

What makes you think that Serena won't play LA? All indications are that she and/or Venus will play Philly and then play the Championships. Anyway, it's all just speculation. If they wanna play, they will and if they don't, they won't. As for qualifying for the Championships, I doubt Venus will be too heartbroken if she doesn't!

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Noone said that Venus won´t play Philly.

The question is wether or not

a) Venus will be pushed down to no9 in the race
b) her points in Advanta won´t bring her to LA if
the others are doing to well before Advanta
c) wether or not both Williams would show up in
LA or if both would skip it then or the one would
support the other

My answers are

a) Myskina Dementiewa and Mauresmo will push
Venus to no9 before Quebec/Philadelphia
b) Both Venus and Serena are scheduled to appear
in Advanta, yes, but Serena will be the one if
Venus has NO chance of qualifying and Venus
will be the on if Venus HAS a chance of
qualifying
- imagine that a Serena-Venus semis in Philly
would end in Venus´ defeat and ruining her LA
chances. I don´t see the Williams family putting
that test on them in that difficult times anyway
c) so my conclusion is, if the other girls from around
the globe just make too many points so that
Venus would not make it even if winning Advanta
Serena will withdraw from LA as well and the
WTA will be without their headliners the very last
minute

In their present tragic circumstances, noone could blame them but I doubt it would be good that both would not go if one does not qualify.

tennnisfannn
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:48 PM
As much as i would like to see venus back, if she is not ready physically to play in Zurich, or Advanta, she sure won't be ready for the YEC even if she qualifies.

Myskina Lina
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Isn't Lindsay out for sure? So we know the top nine are able to go right?

viele
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Isn't Lindsay out for sure? So we know the top nine are able to go right?

Actually, Lindsay isn't out for sure. She's playing this week in Filderstadt, which is a surprise. So she must be relatively healthy.

Volcana
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:10 PM

That could be a race noone expects right now as everybody says "A Williams has to be "in"" but if the others deserve the spot according to their results, Venus could be "out".

Maybe its best for Venus and the tour if she doesn't play. The tour (NOT the slams) needs to prove it can sell tickets without Venus and/or Serena. A tour championships without Venus, Serena, Lindsay (the top three ranked Californians) or Monica, could be a huge TRIUMPH for the WTA. All they have to do is NOT have a repeat of last years empty seats. That's a pretty low standard to compete against. And yes, Venus and Serena matches actually HAD crowds, but even their first round matches weren't sell-outs.

I said this last year, and I'm saying it again. The WTA needs to give away tickets to first round, Tour Championship matches, to every college in California. So what if you don't make a dime on the matches, you didn't make any last year. Make sure TV sees BIG, enthusiastic crowds.

Myskina Lina
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Actually, Lindsay isn't out for sure. She's playing this week in Filderstadt, which is a surprise. So she must be relatively healthy.

Oh, you are right. Everyone seemed sure she was out for the year before.

I hope she is 100% healthy & can do well. :)

kodeRED
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=ChrisGermany]sunset, the LA race is not based on the rankings 52-weeks overall but a seperate ranking based on points earned over the year.

In that race, Venus Amelie Elena and Myskina are much closer.QUOTE]

Alright guys i don't think that u get it ... after the philly and QC tournaments the race points will look almost exactly like the 52 week ranking (minus LA '02) so the point is that the two rankings r pretty much leading to the same thing .... in the end it could be said that the LA race is based on the rankings!

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:47 PM
We in Germany wonder why she´s here. Might be she ends her career after LA. Noone knows but there´s still the rumour of surgery going on - but when should this happen ? Might be resting till Miami then and skip AO.

Chance
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:49 PM
I think the Race points includes all your tournaments, the 52 rankings count the best 17.

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:13 PM
kodeRED, I´m a WTA fan for about 15 years now and I know that the rankings 52-weeks-total and Chase-race look the same the week before the LA event. Yes. Actually, I´ve a an EXCEL data that allows me to have a look at the weekly development in both the rankings, thank you.

But as people mix up the fact that Venus at the moment is ahead of Myskina and others in the official rankings, it´s a fact that these girls are much closer to her in the Chase race AT THE MOMENT.

The comment was meant for those who look for arguments in the CURRENT 52-weeks-total race that Venus is still in the LA field or would be top8 after Filderstadt. Venus can be very well within the top8 of the official rankings up to Linz/Luxembourg or whatever, but the basis is the Chase race and if all 3 mentioned players do extremely well over here, it´s not even necessary for them to compete in Philadelphia to keep the distance to Venus. Then Venus can do whatever she wants if the gap is too wide, she´s out.

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:16 PM
sunset, you´re right.

the chace race sums up the points over the year for EACH event up to the Quebec/Advanta week.

This is what allows me to say that the official rankings leaves out Elena´s and Anastaya´s 17th => 28th or whatever event and this means added points for them in the Chase race. Points that finally will mean the gap between them and Venus. If it´s wide enough (between 28 events for the Russians and 6 events for Venus), they are "in" and Venus could win Advanta 6-0 6-0 in the finals and it would not be enough.

Chance
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:21 PM
kodeRED, I´m a WTA fan for about 15 years now and I know that the rankings 52-weeks-total and Chase-race look the same the week before the LA event. Yes. Actually, I´ve a an EXCEL data that allows me to have a look at the weekly development in both the rankings, thank you.

that's what I thought last year, but I'm not so sure because last year Stevenson was ranked 16 on the rankings and Dementieva was ranked 16th on the race :confused:

j_dementieva27
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:01 PM
come on elena... i hope venus qualifies because she does produce entertaining matches... i hope elena can still qualify.. if lindsey doesnt play then all three of the people in question will play

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Why should Lindsay be in Europe then though.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:09 PM
SIGH SIGH SIGH!...O.K. let me say this one more time! If Venus cares to qualify and or play the YEC, she will play, and that will leave one of your Europeans out! Venus is in control of her own destiny, she nor her fans need to worry about how well or how often the europeans are playing.

Volcana
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:23 PM
If Venus doesn't play the Tour Championships, someone seeded in the top four at OZ is looking at a very undesirable 4th round matchup.

Except Serena, in which case the TOURNAMENT is looking at a very undesirable 4th round matchup.

harloo
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:29 PM
BOTH Sisters will not play the year end championships. The death of a sister is something that is not easy to get over.

At this point I don't expect the sisters to play until the French or Wimby. The AO is a question mark.

Myskina Lina
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I remember Venus saying something after last years AO final that it was her last time there. I was a little shocked. I got the feeling she was thinking of skipping AO in the future & just playing the other 3 slams or something. Anyone with a tape of the AO final, look & see what she said after. Maybe I did not understand her correctly.

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:54 PM
BOTH Sisters will not play the year end championships. The death of a sister is something that is not easy to get over.

At this point I don't expect the sisters to play until the French or Wimby. The AO is a question mark.

Venus is planning to play Advanta and YEC. Supposedly Serena is still questionable because of her injuries.

persond
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Venus Williams KNOWS what she needs to do inorder to qualify for the Championships, and will do just what Venus wants and nothing more. Venus is not as concerned about rankings and points as other players, and seems oblivous to all the hoopla surrounding her current ranking. Her fans, and especially, the non-fans should just take the cue from Venus and "chill". I love Venus and trust she will do what's best for Venus...!!! :cool: :cool:

Sanneriet
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:24 PM
I said this last year, and I'm saying it again. The WTA needs to give away tickets to first round, Tour Championship matches, to every college in California. So what if you don't make a dime on the matches, you didn't make any last year. Make sure TV sees BIG, enthusiastic crowds.

I agree completely. I am not sure we will see either sister in the YEC. They haven't played every time they have qualified. I would just like to see some improved marketing, some actual effort to promote the event.

These are the race standings as of Monday, Oct. 6th:

1 JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE 5768.00 15
2 KIM CLIJSTERS 5604.00 17
3 SERENA WILLIAMS 3916.00 7
4 LINDSAY DAVENPORT 2900.00 15
5 JENNIFER CAPRIATI 2470.00 16
6 AMELIE MAURESMO 2338.00 13
7 VENUS WILLIAMS 2211.00 6
8 ELENA DEMENTIEVA 2210.00 24
9 ANASTASIA MYSKINA 2128.00 20
10 CHANDA RUBIN 1926.00 16
11 AI SUGIYAMA 1684.00 21
12 VERA ZVONAREVA 1599.00 19

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:26 PM
it seems to me that more non venus fans are worried about her qualifying than her fans. funny how so many are obsessed by a player they don't even like.

if venus plays and qualifies great. if not great. I'll see her in aussieland. either way works for me.

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:10 AM
If Venus doesn't play the Tour Championships, someone seeded in the top four at OZ is looking at a very undesirable 4th round matchup.

Except Serena, in which case the TOURNAMENT is looking at a very undesirable 4th round matchup.
AO tickets will sell well even if neither sister is there.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:13 AM
I think if the top 8 stay the way they are now we'll see some awesome tennis at the Championships in November. I think all of us are a little too obsessed with our players and forgetting how awesome it is to see our top girls play.

Rocketta
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:22 AM

:smash:
\/
\/
\/
:retard:

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:28 AM
:smash:
\/
\/
\/
:retard:
You are lame, Rocketta. Don't you have Beyonce's ass to kiss? :tape:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:29 AM
For real

Rocketta
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:31 AM
You are lame, Rocketta. Don't you have Beyonce's ass to kiss? :tape:

Don't you have another American historical novel to fantasize that you are a part of? :tape:

Your post was still :retard: and had nothing to do with what Volcana said. :wavey:

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Don't you have another American historical novel to fantasize that you are a part of? :tape:

Your post was still :retard: and had nothing to do with what Volcana said. :wavey:
Um, that's for Volcana to worry about and respond to. What are you, his fairy godmother? LMAO! Get a life! :lol:

You really need to get a life and stop worrying about what I say about other celebrities and other posters. It makes you look like you're obsessed with me. :eek: :tape:

Rocketta
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Um, that's for Volcana to worry about and respond to. What are you, his fairy godmother? LMAO! Get a life! :lol:

You really need to get a life and stop worrying about what I say about other celebrities and other posters. It makes you look like you're obsessed with me. :eek: :tape:

Get over yourself. I responded cause I felt like it. Its not my fault you don't have a response to the fact that your post was :retard: .

Its a message board anyone and everyone can respond. If you only wanted Volcana to respond to your "Pulitzer Prize" Winning post then you should've pm'ed her instead of posting it here for all of us to revel in its glory. :)

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Get over yourself. I responded cause I felt like it. Its not my fault you don't have a response to the fact that your post was :retard: .

Its a message board anyone and everyone can respond. If you only wanted Volcana to respond to your "Pulitzer Prize" Winning post then you should've pm'ed her instead of posting it here for all of us to revel in its glory. :)
1. Volcana has said he doesn't do PM. I've spoken to Volcana in threads before and have agreed with him sometimes, disagreed with him sometimes. Again, I'll say this, mind your goddamned business. Again, you've butted in this thread and made a fool of yourself. I know what I was doing with my response. Child, leave this to to the adults. :eek: :lol:

2. For sure, it's a message board and everybody has a right to respond. But I'm just saying you're obsessed with me cause I'm calling it like it is. Because 1. it was you that came into my Cold Mountain thread and responded to me, 2. it was you that came into the Beyonce thread responded to me, 3. it was you that came into this thread and responded to me. See a pattern here, sweetie? I don't think I've ever even responded to you it in any thread. It's been you that's been doing the stalking. :eek: :tape:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:50 AM
These kinda threads crack me up.. all anyone does here is argue..at least make it about tennis guys.

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:57 AM
These kinda threads crack me up.. all anyone does here is argue..at least make it about tennis guys.
There isn't really anything to argue about. Rocketta, just keeps losing these arguments with me, mostly in non-tennis, so she's been stalking me for awhile. And here she thought she got a real good opportunity to go one-up on me and pounced. Only her plan backfired, and she's retreated back into her cave. :eek:

:wavey:

Volcana
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:37 AM

Of course. They'll sellout every match whether or not last year's finalist even show up. And they certainly never had any intention of using either of them in advertizing. After all, their presence or absence has no effect on ticket sales.

Which is why the tournament organizers are checking NOW (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=89035) to see if they'll be there. But I guess we all have to ask ourselves this question.

Who's a better judge of Venus and Serena's effect on ticket sales? Sam L or Paul McNamee?

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Of course. They'll sellout every match whether or not last year's finalist even show up. And they certainly never had any intention of using either of them in advertizing. After all, their presence or absence has no effect on ticket sales.

Which is why the tournament organizers are checking NOW (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=89035) to see if they'll be there. But I guess we all have to ask ourselves this question.

Who's a better judge of Venus and Serena's effect on ticket sales? Sam L or Paul McNamee?
Thanks for linking that thread. I've been waiting to bump it. LOL!

Anyway, yeah look, all I was saying was that the tournament WON'T be in trouble whether V&S meet in the QF or neither of them turns up.

Mr. McNamee WANTS them there. Believe me! We all do. That's not what I'm arguing here. They're the best in the sport, and we all want to see them there. However, just because they're NOT there, it doesn't mean the tournament will be in trouble. The tickets will be sold. I can also guarantee you that.

Last year, they used an ad campaign with Serena and Lleyton on a poster. And I think that's why he wants to know now whether they'll be there so maybe he can put her up again. Afterall, she is the defending champ and all.

But what it comes down to, is these are just ads. At the end of the day, people will still turn up whether V&S are there or not.

Rocketta
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:38 AM
1. Volcana has said he doesn't do PM. I've spoken to Volcana in threads before and have agreed with him sometimes, disagreed with him sometimes. Again, I'll say this, mind your goddamned business. Again, you've butted in this thread and made a fool of yourself. I know what I was doing with my response. Child, leave this to to the adults. :eek: :lol:

Anything posted on this board is my business as it is everyone that is registered. You are the one taking a post in response to your post and making it about you. You also are the one who thinks someone is stalking you. :unsure: Please look at a list of your posts and my posts and please tell me when was the last time I responded to a post of yours? Oh wait it was like 4 days ago. Well considering you post just about everyday and so do I. I'm trying to figure out your definition of obsessed. :lol:

Talk about "adult"....:lol:

2. For sure, it's a message board and everybody has a right to respond. But I'm just saying you're obsessed with me cause I'm calling it like it is. Because 1. it was you that came into my Cold Mountain thread and responded to me, 2. it was you that came into the Beyonce thread responded to me, 3. it was you that came into this thread and responded to me. See a pattern here, sweetie? I don't think I've ever even responded to you it in any thread. It's been you that's been doing the stalking. :eek: :tape:

omg, 3 responses to you in 5,000 posts. Man that sure proves your point......:haha:

I think you need not let someone get so far up in your head you think they are obsessed with you. :lol:

Oh, and its not my fault you can't get over the fact that I said I can't wait to dawg "Cold Mountain". :lol:

That's the whole point isn't it? That someone had the audacity not to think "Cold Mountain" is going to be the pinnacle of movie making and that the book was boring?

Too bad. Get over it. I'll respond to your posts or anyone elses when I feel like it. If you feel stalked talk to your pyschiastrist....:wavey: I hear Lithium can help with those kind of feelings. :tape:

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:03 AM
you two need to cut it out.. post something worth reading... and i honestly don't really think they Williams sisters have much to do with AO ticket sales.. first of all most tickets are sold to corporations... second are the tennis fans.. not the Serena fans..... The US Open sold out days in the first week and the majority in the second.. and whoa.. the williams sisters weren't even there!

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Oh, and its not my fault you can't get over the fact that I said I can't wait to dawg "Cold Mountain". :lol:

That's the whole point isn't it? That someone had the audacity not to think "Cold Mountain" is going to be the pinnacle of movie making and that the book was boring?

Too bad. Get over it. I'll respond to your posts or anyone elses when I feel like it. If you feel stalked talk to your pyschiastrist....:wavey: I hear Lithium can help with those kind of feelings. :tape:

Actually quite the contrary. Now why on Earth would you think I'd be bothered that you said you'd dawg Cold Mountain. Are you a film critic? No. Are you an Academy member? No. Are you a member of any significant film institute that hands out awards? No. Are you a broadcaster of any TV shows that cover movie news? No.

Why would I be bothered with you then? Geeesh!

The only reason why I started to notice that you were stalking me was in this thread. I responded to Volcana in this topic, and you came in here like you were some queen bee of the hive, miss know it all, when in reality, you didn't. You didn't know what I was doing, and you didn't know what Volcana was doing. Face it, you were just trying to go one-up on me since you've lost the arguments with me about Cold Mountain and Beyonce.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:15 AM
what is cold mountain.. just curious??

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:27 AM
what is cold mountain.. just curious??
It is a film coming out of Christmas Day or a few weeks after I think since you're in Belgium.

It's based on a book by Charles Frazier which won the National Book Award! It's a story about a confederate soldier who is on his perilous journey home to his pre-war sweetheart who was left to fend for herself in the Appalachian mountains in North Carolina. She is later helped by a drifter, a girl who is much more able on the farm than she is. It's a story of love, war, journeys and self discovery.

The film stars Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellweger and Natalie Portman. It's directed by Oscar winner Anthony Minghella (The English Patient), and promises to be a magnificent screen achievement. There's already been a couple of glowingly positive reviews. And also a couple of test screenings in which the audience was left with their jaws dropped.

It's a hard and uncomprosing look at the American civil war like we've never seen it before, and about a romance that aches.

Here are some photo stills from the film:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808403511&cf=pstills

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM
It sounds good!! I like Nicole Kidman and Jude Law... i will check it out! Thanks! The American Civil War always has good stories.. how is it a different take?

Sam L
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:35 AM
It sounds good!! I like Nicole Kidman and Jude Law... i will check it out! Thanks! The American Civil War always has good stories.. how is it a different take?
In terms of the book, it concentrates a lot of man's relationship with the land. These people aren't from the cities. They're from the country. Farmers, rural people. It's about how the war affected them. They didn't own slaves, but they went to the war anyway because it was what everyone else did.

In terms of the film, it is much more realistic than something like Gone with the Wind, which is all very polished. And it has characters that you really feel for, instead of something like Gods and Generals. So the film is has a nice mix of personality and realism.

Justinefan
Oct 7th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Sounds good.. How do you know so much about it? Are you involved with film?

ChrisGermany
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:54 AM
This discussion was thought about the fact that not only Venus herself can influence her tennis-wise fate but also the players in her back, it´s a fact that when Venus plans to play the 2 American events but refuses to go to Europe, she´ll be in danger of being overtaken in Europe and not being able to save that in America alone.

That was the only thing I mentioned. I asked myself if this means Serena will skip the events though being able to play and allow Venus to get in or if they both will withdraw because they cannot be in both if the other 3 overtake them.

If you think of this as an anti-Williams thread, this is totally wrong. It´s just that I wonder what will happen and I thought many of you did not recognize that the closer the 2 Russians and Amelie get in the Chase race, the more unsure the appearance of both Williams in LA gets.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:59 AM
This discussion was thought about the fact that not only Venus herself can influence her tennis-wise fate but also the players in her back, it´s a fact that when Venus plans to play the 2 American events but refuses to go to Europe, she´ll be in danger of being overtaken in Europe and not being able to save that in America alone.

That was the only thing I mentioned. I asked myself if this means Serena will skip the events though being able to play and allow Venus to get in or if they both will withdraw because they cannot be in both if the other 3 overtake them.

If you think of this as an anti-Williams thread, this is totally wrong. It´s just that I wonder what will happen and I thought many of you did not recognize that the closer the 2 Russians and Amelie get in the Chase race, the more unsure the appearance of both Williams in LA gets.

At this point, I think I know what will happen. Venus will play Advanta, and Serena will pull out of the YEC which, in turn allows Venus to qualify for them.

persond
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:03 AM

I just think the Sisters don't really give a "damn" one way or another...!!! It's not like they've ever really "embraced" this event, even when they clearly qualified.

ChrisGermany
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:32 AM
And - this year - due to injuries, tragidies and ranking slumps, it might me unavoidable that the sisters meet each other already in group matches.

Knizzle
Oct 7th, 2003, 08:35 AM
And - this year - due to injuries, tragidies and ranking slumps, it might me unavoidable that the sisters meet each other already in group matches.

If they both play and are in the same group I would love that because that means that there can possibly be 2 Williams matches at the YEC and then they can't meet again until the finals.

Rocketta
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM
The only reason why I started to notice that you were stalking me was in this thread. I responded to Volcana in this topic, and you came in here like you were some queen bee of the hive, miss know it all, when in reality, you didn't. You didn't know what I was doing, and you didn't know what Volcana was doing. Face it, you were just trying to go one-up on me since you've lost the arguments with me about Cold Mountain and Beyonce.

:bigcry:

Grow up Sam L. You haven't won anything cause we haven't had an argument. If you take silence to mean you won something well that's you. I don't argue over and over. Hence, when I logged back on to the Beyonce thread. Apoet had said everything that needed to be said so why repeat.

Get over yourself.

Serendy Willick
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:06 PM
you two need to cut it out.. post something worth reading... and i honestly don't really think they Williams sisters have much to do with AO ticket sales.. first of all most tickets are sold to corporations... second are the tennis fans.. not the Serena fans..... The US Open sold out days in the first week and the majority in the second.. and whoa.. the williams sisters weren't even there!

Gee, thats funny, the US Open tickets went on sale months before Serenas pull out. I dont think Serena had no plans not to play her countrys home slam :rolleyes: Think before you fucking post.

Rolling-Thunder
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:32 AM
If VENUS makes it to the YEC then great. If she doesn't great. I would love to see her play (Serena too). But I also want to know that her injury has really healed and she is fully recovered. So I see it as a win-win situation. What happens, happens. Anyone who barely misses misses the YEc with 6 tournaments versus someone with 24, please. So what! Who cares!

Just come back healed, rested and ready. See Ya!

persond
Oct 8th, 2003, 06:40 AM
If VENUS makes it to the YEC then great. If she doesn't great. I would love to see her play (Serena too). But I also want to know that her injury has really healed and she is fully recovered. So I see it as a win-win situation. What happens, happens. Anyone who barely misses misses the YEc with 6 tournaments versus someone with 24, please. So what! Who cares!

Just come back healed, rested and ready. See Ya!

My feelings, exactly...!!! :worship: :worship:

oddkayla
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Its still amazing that having played in six events, Venus still can/may qualify for the Championships. She did not play one of the slams at that, and apart from the two finals at AO and Wimby, has not had particularly awe-inspiring results

DA FOREHAND
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:50 PM
I can't think of a single player who's had "awe inspiring results" this year.

Paneru
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Its still amazing that having played in six events, Venus still can/may qualify for the Championships. She did not play one of the slams at that, and apart from the two finals at AO and Wimby, has not had particularly awe-inspiring results

Amazing indeed!

1 Title
2 Fourth Rd's
4 Finals
Ranked #6

Australian Open
Finalist

Antwerp
Champion

Key Biscayne
4th round

Warsaw
Finalist

Roland Garros
4th round

Wimbledon
Finalist

Sidenote: Ranked higher than three of the players who defeated her and all have played many more tournaments than she has.(mauresmo-14, zvonareva-19, shaughnessy-21)

starr
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, anything that is posted that includes mention of either sister Williams and does expresses the slightest doubt about thier future achievements or prospects, is considered on this board to be an anti-Williams thread.

Daniel
Oct 8th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Dementeiva and Myskina advanced to the second round in Filderstadt :D :bounce: :worship: