PDA

View Full Version : Doubles Draw

pierce0415
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Martina ditches Svetlana for Cara :eek: perhaps because Svetlana lost in qualifying and did not want to stick around ...

Mary and Amelie :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ... two of my faves playing together ... I guess this is a sign that Mary will be on the French Fed Cup team ... too bad they open against Martina

also Stubbs and Raymond back together :rolleyes:

Black, C. ZIM (1)
Navratilova, M. USA (1)
v
Mauresmo, A. FRA (WC)
Pierce, M. FRA (WC)

Q
Q
V
Bovina, E. RUS
Callens, E. BEL

------------------------------
Huber, L. RSA (4)
Maleeva, M. BUL
V
Hantuchova, D. SVK
Rittner, B. GER

Myskina, A. RUS (WC)
Zvonareva, V. RUS (WC)
V
Petrova, N. RUS
Shaughnessy, M. USA
------------------------

Bartoli, M. FRA
Casanova, M. SUI
V
Cohen-Aloro, S. FRA
Dhenin, C. FRA

Danilidou, E. GRE
Grande, R. ITA
V
Martinez, C. ESP (3)
Suarez, P. ARG (3)
-------------------------------------------

Dokic, J. YUG
Matevzic, M. SLO
V
Schett, B. AUT
Schnyder, P. SUI

Serna, M. ESP
Molik, A. AUS
V
Raymond, L. USA (2)
Stubbs, R. AUS (2)

Mary Pierce
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Mary and Amelie - a great pairing!!!!

AleOrtu
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Thank you!
Go Daniilidou / Grande
Good luck Paola (but not in the first round :p)

LUXXXAS
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Lisa and Reanne???:eek::eek:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:21 AM
lol some weird teams this week!

good to see stubbs and raymond again!

Nikola
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Jelena :bounce:

www.jelly-dokic.com/board

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:28 AM
I think it has to do with the ammount of tennis Sveta was forced to play in this event and her plans for Zurich.

If you consider that they lost in Moscow on a Friday and she was about to play in singles qualifying on Saturday in Stuttgart this is too much for her if being in the doubles the whole week again in Stuttgart if she´s keen on playing singles qualifying for Zurich too.

I believe that both Elena Likhovtseva and Sveta discussed in Moscow that they plan to play in some major singles events too this fall and that they are forced to play qualifyings for that. Therefore, for a singles AND doubles player like both of them are it´s always difficult to decide which to play and which to skip.

This is an excellent solution of combining their partners for one week.

As with regard to the LA race, Lindsay might be willing to play a smart schedule for the rest of 2003 and might have told Lisa about it. It was reported that Lisa´s is to play with Rennae for both Zurich and Stuttgart. This means -for me- that Cara and Elena (as 4th team) and Sveta and Martina (as 3rd team) are qualified for LA.

bis2806
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Raymond and stubbs together again?? uhh...

ghosts
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Liezel/Maggie also back :woohoo:

Kuilli
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:22 AM
As with regard to the LA race, Lindsay might be willing to play a smart schedule for the rest of 2003 and might have told Lisa about it. It was reported that Lisa´s is to play with Rennae for both Zurich and Stuttgart. This means -for me- that Cara and Elena (as 4th team) and Sveta and Martina (as 3rd team) are qualified for LA.
If Lindsay is holding off with surgery until after LA, I wouldn't count her out of doubles quite yet. :) Lisa & Lindsay are still holding 4th place right now with more than 300 point lead over Cara & Elena, so they still might qualify. LA is only 2 matches for a winner, so why not to play doubles if she decides to play singles there and is not hurting too badly. I doubt Lindsay will play any doubles before LA, so it should be pretty much up to Cara & Elena to pass Lisa/Lindsay. ;)

vaiva
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Nastia/Vera vs Nadia/Meg, lol, a repeat of Moscow final in round 1 here.

Martina ditches Svetlana for Cara :eek: perhaps because Svetlana lost in qualifying and did not want to stick around...

Rumour is that Sveta will probably pair up with Nadia in the future as Navratilova wants to play Olympics with Lisa Raymond.

Btw, Sveta did not lose yet. She plays last round of qualies today [apparently, against the same Lisa R.] ;)

Doris Loeffel
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Good luck M(B) + M(C)

and
Babsi / Patty!!

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:00 AM
I always BELIEVED that Martina might be keen on playing together with Lisa but is it for REAL Lisa is into this too ? There´s no real effect on this if Martina goes on with Sveta 2004, isn´t it. But it sounds interesting wether or not this change might affect the rankings of these 2 pairs.

I don´t see Martina as successful with young Sveta if teaming with Lisa.

esquímaux
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:18 AM
No dubs for Rubin :confused:

sbmh
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Good luck to :
Mary/Amélie
Patty/Babsi
:)

Bette_Midler
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Thank you!
Go Daniilidou / Grande
Good luck Paola (but not in the first round :p)

go suarez/conchitron :bounce:

good luck lenita in singles :p

propi
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:48 AM
:eek: Conchita and Paola!!! What a great team :) good luck to them :)

Scotso
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:35 AM
:eek:

Good luck to Mary/Amelie :D

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:03 PM
I think for a number of reasons Filderstadt is a "fun" tournament in doubles and I think most of the girls enjoy new combinations there just for the few events left as some decide to rest before LA or split their tournaments (Ruano is in Tashkent).

stubbsy71
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Lis and Ren are playing together for the next two tournament. Nothing planned after that.

crazillo
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:33 PM
i am not sure, but why shouldn´t maggie and liezel pass cara and elena. they played better than black and likhovtseva, but have played 7 more tournaments than maleeva with liezel. i am not sure but when they do great there they might have a chance to be at the masters.

regards sascha : )

Jodie
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Good luck to

Maja/Jelena :yeah:

Roxers
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:05 PM
good luck

Bovina/Callens
Babsi/Schnyder
Nastya/Vera

mauresmofan