PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Is Playing The Porsche!

Andrew.
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I can't believe it! She's in the draw and everything! :D Mabey she did surgury option one instead of surgury option two. OMG LINDSAY!!!!!! :kiss: Does anyone actually know her situation?! This is sooo great! :D :D

Mase
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:53 PM
:eek: :eek: Lindsay, good luck!

Venus Forever
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I was surprised to see this.

I wonder why she is playing. :confused:

Maybe she decided to call it quits, and didn't want to end the season at the US Open, and decided to finish out the season.

It's just strange.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Ditto.

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Ditto.

I was surprised by this also. Maybe she postponed the surgery. The foot could be doing better. Since she is there, I hope she takes the title. GO DAVY!!

Freewoman33
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Could it be a mistake on the organizers part?

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Could it be a mistake on the organizers part?

It was never reported that she pulled out so I guess if she doesn't tell them, then she goes into the draw.

Joana
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:58 AM
:eek:
Good luck Lindsay, if you're really there!

ChrisGermany
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:10 AM
This is absolutely no joke by the organizers. Lindsay is "in".

As a German, I often wondered why they never took Lindsay from the list knowing she wanted to do this surgery.

I concluded that she had 2 options. Doing it now and resting in LA for playing Australia. Or doing it after LA and resting till Miami or even retiring. We don´t know up to this point why she decided to play. I think if playing Filderstadt she´s to go to Zurich too. Then Advanta and then LA. Ends the chances for some of the girls who were expected to end as 9th in the Chase race and go to LA.

But I definetly wonder why she decided this. Maybe both the Williams indicated to the tour they won´t appear in LA and the WTA asked Lindsay if she´s willing to change her plans to represent the USTA in that LA field next to Jenny and possibly Chanda.

Lindsay´s not about to play with Lisa, therefore I ask myself if this means she limits herself to singles (starting on a Thursday for 2-3 matches a tournament isn´t that bad for her) this fall.

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:12 AM
This is absolutely no joke by the organizers. Lindsay is "in".

As a German, I often wondered why they never took Lindsay from the list knowing she wanted to do this surgery.

I concluded that she had 2 options. Doing it now and resting in LA for playing Australia. Or doing it after LA and resting till Miami or even retiring. We don´t know up to this point why she decided to play. I think if playing Filderstadt she´s to go to Zurich too. Then Advanta and then LA. Ends the chances for some of the girls who were expected to end as 9th in the Chase race and go to LA.

But I definetly wonder why she decided this. Maybe both the Williams indicated to the tour they won´t appear in LA and the WTA asked Lindsay if she´s willing to change her plans to represent the USTA in that LA field next to Jenny and possibly Chanda.

Lindsay´s not about to play with Lisa, therefore I ask myself if this means she limits herself to singles (starting on a Thursday for 2-3 matches a tournament isn´t that bad for her) this fall.

Venus is planning to play in Advanta and LA, Serena probably won't be there though. Look at the article in the thread above this one.

Lindsayfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM
LIndsay's surgery will need only 1 month off so maybe she postponed it after LA.if she has her surgery around 10 november,she'll be fit in 1 month and ready for next year.she isnt retiring this year.she said that in a interview 2 weeks ago:she said she wants to try to play a full season without injuries and then see wheter retire or keep playing.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 11:29 AM
I think she was planning on doing the surgury option #1 - which was cutting the bottom of the foot and releasing the nerve, etc. Now she may be planning on doing the #2 option, which is cutting from the top. #1 has a higher success rate, but #2 gets you back on your feet much quicker.

Did she get another cortizone shot?

If she does play the rest of the year, she probably could end up as #3.

Daniel
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:26 PM
I hope she is healthy and has a nice week in Germany !!! :D

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Lindsay pls tell us your 100% to play!!!!!

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
I hope this isn't a bigger signal...like goodbye :sad:

JennyS
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Lindsay said she needs 8-12 weeks for the surgery. She has big points to defend at Filderstadt and Zurich, but not in LA. Perhaps she wants to try to defend those points and call it quits with Zurich? That would give her the full 12 weeks before the Aussie.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:22 PM
I never though of that...mabey...but how will she actually be able to play?

Lindsayfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:35 PM
henenport:go to Filderstadt forum in Lindsay Cheering Thread and you'll read by urself what Lindsay said in her today's press conference.

Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:28 PM
i'm just saying that I don't know how she'll play with no cortizone in her foot. is she going to retire from like every other match???

Lindsayfan
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:30 PM
dont be so negative plz :p if she came to europe,she's hopefully able to play some matches without pain.