PDA

View Full Version : It's good to see Venus out and about again!!

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:12 AM
This picture makes me breathe a sigh of relief:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20031004/i/r2188876866.jpg

Tennis star Venus Williams (news - web sites) watches the Florida Marlins (news) play against the San Francisco Giants (news) in the fourth game of their National League (news) division playoff series in Miami October 4, 2003. The Marlins defeated the Giants 7-6 to advance to the Naltional League Championship Series. REUTERS/Marc Serota

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/031004/ids_photos_sp/r2188876866.jpg

:hearts: Venus :hearts:

Please no negativity in this thread. :angel: Seriously.

Elitist
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:13 AM
You mean like, all the positive threads where you open your garbage filled mouth? Right.

Anyway, it is nice to see Venus out and about, but she better get on the practice court because the game of tennis waits for no one!

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:17 AM
You mean like, all the positive threads where you open your garbage filled mouth? Right.

Anyway, it is nice to see Venus out and about, but she better get on the practice court because the game of tennis waits for no one!

I guess I forgot what board I was on, how dare I ask for no negativity. :rolleyes:

Elitist
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Actually I did (and do) wish Venus the best of luck, but the irony of YOU asking for a lack of negativity is rather astounding.

sunnysideup
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:27 AM
I'd rather see Venus on a practice court but if she's still not healthy so be it.:)

Venus Forever
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:32 AM
I'm glad to see her out and about. It's great. :D

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

persond
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Is it my "imagination", or does Venus still look extremely sad...??? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

TM
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:41 AM
that's her "stoic" face, not sad face...n e who--I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE VEE!!! :D

tennnisfannn
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:48 AM
So glad to see her, looks like she is trying to get on with life. I'll be much happier when she starts playing again.

persond
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:51 AM
that's her "stoic" face, not sad face...n e who--I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE VEE!!! :D

Well, I hope that's the case...!!! I too, am happy to see her out and about...!!!

vs1
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Well, glad to see that she is getting on and enjoying various offerings in life!!!

I hope she is recovering well and that we'll see her in Philly.

COME ON VEE!!!!

Jericho
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:55 AM
she looks a lot like her mother...yes it is refreshing to see a current picture of venus in public, a good sign...

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:56 AM
i am also glad to see venus...well 'glad' isnt the word....well lets just say im sorry that her sister passed away and i give my condolences (you all know i dont like venus...but i wont start no drama today)

**** i like Rena though!

k...nice little thread you got going knizzle, not by any means close to my standards...but not to shabby with all things concidered (by that i mean only williams posters would come in here)

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:58 AM
oh yeah...can you like help me kick Lelu's fat ass??? shes really getting on my nerves and ive done nothing to her! (seriously!)- knizzle id really appreciate if youd like PM her and just tell her cause she wont listen to me!

thanks hun, your the best! :kiss:

-toodles!

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:58 AM
i am also glad to see venus...well 'glad' isnt the word....well lets just say im sorry that her sister passed away and i give my condolences (you all know i dont like venus...but i wont start no drama today)

**** i like Rena though!

k...nice little thread you got going knizzle, not by any means close to my standards...but not to shabby with all things concidered (by that i mean only williams posters would come in here)

We all know why you don't like Venus. *cough* 0-4 *cough* 8 match points *cough* US Open 2001 embarrassment in the semis *cough*

This damn cold Trish, sorry. ;)

thalle
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:06 AM
:) It's great to see Venus out again!!!

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:15 AM
well a match is exactly that a match...but i still have those 4-5 wins that Jennifer had over Rena on tape...i love seeing Rena loose!

Well anyways, i hope Venus comes back so we can watch yet another cinderella comeback, only to be tarnished by a Capriati victory...oooh :devil: the NASDAQ100Open FINAL! that would be sweeeet revenge!

well im done here....oooh and please take care of Lelu...shes a real pain up my ass! thanxs hun!

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:17 AM
yeah... that would be a good match, and sweet revenge. But VENUS would have to make it to the finals though....Jennifer on the other hand always makes the final @ the Nasdaq....

bandabou
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Is it my "imagination", or does Venus still look extremely sad...??? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yeah, I noticed that too....her face looks sad, even with the glasses on.

tennisfan1972
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Persond, when i first saw the pic of Venus, my first impression was also that it was a rather sad looking or sad feel to it. If she decides to play anytime, i would have to say she is just one really tough woman, which i already think she is.

lee station
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Nice to see her :wavey:

Pureracket
Oct 5th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Caption

*I CANNOT believe I let Davide talk me into coming to this game*

tennisjam
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:33 PM
she looks cool...

gweeny
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I am happy for Venus. I think she looks mad/sad because the Giants lost.

Mase
Oct 5th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Great to see her out and about ;)

Venus Forever
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:36 AM
yeah... that would be a good match, and sweet revenge. But VENUS would have to make it to the finals though....Jennifer on the other hand always makes the final @ the Nasdaq....

Yeah, is that why Venus has won the event three times?? :tape:

starr
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:07 AM
oh yeah...can you like help me kick Lelu's fat ass??? shes really getting on my nerves and ive done nothing to her! (seriously!)- knizzle id really appreciate if youd like PM her and just tell her cause she wont listen to me!

thanks hun, your the best! :kiss:

-toodles!

I guess that passes for a "positive" post.

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I guess that passes for a "positive" post.

Who is Lelu anyway?? :confused:

Mr. Man
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:46 AM
:hearts: Vee! Good to see you!

Dawn Marie
Oct 6th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Nice picture of the Queen Vee.

Chance
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:47 AM
it's good to see her face again.

According to this article Vee is practicing

L.A. needs Williams in field
Published October 5, 2003

Venus Williams has entered the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia (Oct. 27-Nov. 2) and everyone involved in selling women's tennis is hoping she isn't just covering herself if she decides to play, but will, in fact, be there and will play the season-ending WTA Championships the next week.

Nothing is certain right now with the Williams sisters until the first day of the tournament. Venus is back on the practice court after a long bout with the abdominal injury that doomed her effort in the Wimbledon final. But the family is still coping with the shooting death of the eldest sister .

As for younger sister Serena, the Wimbledon champion who is recovering from knee surgery: She looks doubtful to play again this season.

If the WTA Championships are to avoid a second straight attendance disaster at Staples Center in Los Angeles, it has to have at least one of the Williams sisters in the eight-women lineup.

The two Belgians, Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters, can talk all they want about how competitive they've made women's tennis at the highest level, and no one would dispute that. But they're not enough by themselves, even at No. 1 and No. 2, to pull in more than the few thousand Staples entertained a year ago.

The tour has whittled the size of the championships from 16 to the best eight this year, and that was smart. There really are only a handful of players capable of winning a major title in women's tennis, and I'm no longer counting Amelie Mauresmo, who has had a very disappointing year.

On balance and looking at women's tennis on an international level, Henin-Hardenne, an anamoly at 5 feet 5 and 130 pounds, has probably been the best story this season. She won two Grand Slams (French Open and U.S. Open) with wins over Clijsters, who is physically bigger (who isn't?) and hits bigger.

But Henin-Hardenne understands the game better, has more variety in her shots, plays better defense and that's why she's No. 1.

Clijsters once dominated this matchup and she's a better player than she was a year ago. But confidence goes a long way in individual sports like golf and tennis.

"I think it's very hard to tell why it changed the last few months," Henin-Hardenne said. "I know the work I did, the physical work helped me be prepared mentally. I was just feeling comfortable on the court against Kim. But it's hard to tell when or why it changed.'

In some ways she reminds you of Lleyton Hewitt on the men's tour. Both smaller players. Both somewhat reclusive on the tour. Both the targets of criticism -- Hewitt because of his running battles with reporters and Henin-Hardenne because of the silly criticism some people aimed at her over the controversial moments in her French Open win over Serena.

And the best irony: Clijsters is romantically involved with Hewitt and is about the most open and upbeat player on either tour.

Like Hewitt, Henin-Hardenne realizes she has to keep evolving. The Williams sisters could stand still with the talent they have now and not be challenged for a long time. Not the little Belgian.

"I'll have to go a little bit to the net, for sure," she says. "Even if I have more power than last year, I'm not going to beat them on the fast surfaces. In the long run, I totally know that. It's just that I'm not afraid anymore of the rally. But I know that if I want to put a lot of pressure on them, I have to get to the net, be a little more aggressive.

"And I know my serve is the key in my game. I think in 2004 that's what I'm looking for. My serve is going to be more consistent and it's going to help me win easier points.'

Charles Bricker's tennis column appears Sundays. He can be reached at cbricker@sun-sentinel.com.
www.sun-sentinel.com/spor...rts-tennis[B]

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:10 AM
it's good to see her face again.

According to this article Vee is practicing

L.A. needs Williams in field
Published October 5, 2003

Venus Williams has entered the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia (Oct. 27-Nov. 2) and everyone involved in selling women's tennis is hoping she isn't just covering herself if she decides to play, but will, in fact, be there and will play the season-ending WTA Championships the next week.

Nothing is certain right now with the Williams sisters until the first day of the tournament. Venus is back on the practice court after a long bout with the abdominal injury that doomed her effort in the Wimbledon final. But the family is still coping with the shooting death of the eldest sister .

As for younger sister Serena, the Wimbledon champion who is recovering from knee surgery: She looks doubtful to play again this season.

If the WTA Championships are to avoid a second straight attendance disaster at Staples Center in Los Angeles, it has to have at least one of the Williams sisters in the eight-women lineup.

The two Belgians, Justine Henin-Hardenne and Kim Clijsters, can talk all they want about how competitive they've made women's tennis at the highest level, and no one would dispute that. But they're not enough by themselves, even at No. 1 and No. 2, to pull in more than the few thousand Staples entertained a year ago.

The tour has whittled the size of the championships from 16 to the best eight this year, and that was smart. There really are only a handful of players capable of winning a major title in women's tennis, and I'm no longer counting Amelie Mauresmo, who has had a very disappointing year.

On balance and looking at women's tennis on an international level, Henin-Hardenne, an anamoly at 5 feet 5 and 130 pounds, has probably been the best story this season. She won two Grand Slams (French Open and U.S. Open) with wins over Clijsters, who is physically bigger (who isn't?) and hits bigger.

But Henin-Hardenne understands the game better, has more variety in her shots, plays better defense and that's why she's No. 1.

Clijsters once dominated this matchup and she's a better player than she was a year ago. But confidence goes a long way in individual sports like golf and tennis.

"I think it's very hard to tell why it changed the last few months," Henin-Hardenne said. "I know the work I did, the physical work helped me be prepared mentally. I was just feeling comfortable on the court against Kim. But it's hard to tell when or why it changed.'

In some ways she reminds you of Lleyton Hewitt on the men's tour. Both smaller players. Both somewhat reclusive on the tour. Both the targets of criticism -- Hewitt because of his running battles with reporters and Henin-Hardenne because of the silly criticism some people aimed at her over the controversial moments in her French Open win over Serena.

And the best irony: Clijsters is romantically involved with Hewitt and is about the most open and upbeat player on either tour.

Like Hewitt, Henin-Hardenne realizes she has to keep evolving. The Williams sisters could stand still with the talent they have now and not be challenged for a long time. Not the little Belgian.

"I'll have to go a little bit to the net, for sure," she says. "Even if I have more power than last year, I'm not going to beat them on the fast surfaces. In the long run, I totally know that. It's just that I'm not afraid anymore of the rally. But I know that if I want to put a lot of pressure on them, I have to get to the net, be a little more aggressive.

"And I know my serve is the key in my game. I think in 2004 that's what I'm looking for. My serve is going to be more consistent and it's going to help me win easier points.'

Charles Bricker's tennis column appears Sundays. He can be reached at cbricker@sun-sentinel.com.
www.sun-sentinel.com/spor...rts-tennis[B]

Thanks for the article!!

Rub
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:13 AM

venus looks great! :dance:

Trish101
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:28 AM
thats such a fake article, you cant truely axpect me to believe this trash? how the hell would 1) the author know what the sisters are doing? 2) if Venus had "hit the courts (unless he stalked her)

bullshit article by a bullshit poster. later biotch...i mean erm sunset! ;)- nice try though! you ALMOST fooled me! (but i have experience creating false articles too so i know how its done!)

Knizzle
Oct 6th, 2003, 07:33 AM
thats such a fake article, you cant truely axpect me to believe this trash? how the hell would 1) the author know what the sisters are doing? 2) if Venus had "hit the courts (unless he stalked her)

bullshit article by a bullshit poster. later biotch...i mean erm sunset! ;)- nice try though! you ALMOST fooled me! (but i have experience creating false articles too so i know how its done!)

Why couldn't the article be real?? It's not hard to see if a player is practicing if you physically see them practicing. It is a local paper so he could know that Venus is practicing. What else would she be doing right now with a tournament coming up in a few weeks. It makes perfect sense Trish.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Trish...I guess you have not been taking your little pills...stay on the meds Trish...it's the only way you gonna get better...:kiss:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:32 PM
BTW...Ve looks great and I believe that she will play Philly and LA...:dance:

doloresc
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM
So glad to see her, looks like she is trying to get on with life. I'll be much happier when she starts playing again.

i agree. grieving is a gradual process and we just have to be patient. attending this game is a good sign that she's making an effort to move on with her life.

Cariaoke
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Vee looks great! It's good to see her. :kiss:

DunkMachine
Oct 6th, 2003, 12:54 PM
She's been on break long enough. GET ON THE TENNISCOURT VENUS.......... NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locks
Oct 6th, 2003, 04:06 PM
:hearts:
She looks great. It's good she's out!

Paneru
Oct 6th, 2003, 05:34 PM
It's so wonderful
to see Venus again! :hearts: :worship: :hearts:

She does look like
her mother in this picture. :)

moon
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I think she looks sad too.
but seeing her out in public, I think is a good sign.

joao
Oct 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the Pic knizzle!:) Venus always looks great ...

Trish101
Oct 6th, 2003, 08:14 PM
medication...yeah, funny!

harloo
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:13 PM
:sad: Venus just looks sad. :sad: I hope she does not return too soon. If the article is true it looks like Serena will not play anymore for the rest of the season her self. :sad:

Good to see Vee out and about though. :wavey:

Barrie_Dude
Oct 7th, 2003, 01:50 AM
This picture makes me breathe a sigh of relief:

Tennis star Venus Williams (news - web sites) watches the Florida Marlins (news) play against the San Francisco Giants (news) in the fourth game of their National League (news) division playoff series in Miami October 4, 2003. The Marlins defeated the Giants 7-6 to advance to the Naltional League Championship Series. REUTERS/Marc Serota

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/031004/ids_photos_sp/r2188876866.jpg

:hearts: Venus :hearts:

Please no negativity in this thread. :angel: Seriously.She's still around? :zzz:

*JR*
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Come on, Trish, this is NOT the right thread for bashing. You probably know that Jen's Mom survived a serious bout with cancer. If Denise Capriati hadn't, and Jen was then seen practicing and @ a ballgame, how would you feel if the resulting thread had ppl talkin' trash, even if not real bad? :(

locks
Oct 21st, 2003, 09:47 PM
Trish101 in a Venus thread how shocking :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Anyway...see Vee everyone is waiting your return :bounce:

http://images4.**************/images/thumbnail/1432746.jpg

:hearts: