PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that some wta players visit this webboard?

FanDeJen
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:16 AM
They have so much-spare time.. waiting at the airport... rain-delays ... waiting for 5-setter matches during GS ...

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Of course.

Our world is smaller than you think :)

AleOrtu
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:22 AM
No way!
3 or 4 of them must surf internet (I mean spend some hours) and this message board is not at the reach of the hand.

goldenlox
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Kournikova does. There are probably more going into the forums than reading all the insults the players get in GM.

FanDeJen
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:27 AM
hola Catriel!!

Elitist
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Consiering this is the largest WTA board on the net, I would be shocked if none visited here. I'm sure some have surfed by. Imagine if you were a famous tennis player...wouldn't you like to see what the fans think about you? I sure would.

tennnisfannn
Oct 5th, 2003, 05:59 AM
I sure hope not especially for the top players. Confidence is what they thrive on and they don't need to see all the ignorant negativity that has become so prevalent on this board.
They are some great posters who keep us informed and give this board some dignity, but a player would have to wade through alot of filth just to get to some meaningful support.
i particularly hope and pray that Venus and Serena never come in here. There were times when this board was safe for players like Kim, but since she became successfull, she is not exempt anymore.
I once read that Jen says she visits the ESPN board, she must be very brave.

narcissus boy
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Marissa Irvin told me she glances at the board every once in awhile, and searches for her name to see what people say about her.

Brian Stewart
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:29 AM
A few players visit. And they probably pass word on to others about some of the things that are said in here.

That's why it's good to be on one's best behavior. :)

sartrista7
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:12 AM
I sure hope not especially for the top players. Confidence is what they thrive on and they don't need to see all the ignorant negativity that has become so prevalent on this board.
They are some great posters who keep us informed and give this board some dignity, but a player would have to wade through alot of filth just to get to some meaningful support.
i particularly hope and pray that Venus and Serena never come in here. There were times when this board was safe for players like Kim, but since she became successfull, she is not exempt anymore.
I once read that Jen says she visits the ESPN board, she must be very brave.

Heh. I really don't think any of these players give a shit about what's said in here, to be honest - let's not overrate the GM morons too much. If anything, the players would read GM for a good laugh.

Caz
Oct 5th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I would think they at least know of the boards existence. I know from some of the websites I contribute to that the players seems to know of and take an interest in the websites people make about them, so I would assume since this message forum is so big, popular and easy to find they woiuld at least know of its existence, even if they don't visit it much or even at all.

salima
Oct 6th, 2003, 09:20 AM
some of the may visit us, but I think when players surf around they are more interested in other tings than tennis. Exept of getting facts of draws and results.
Marissa Irvin, ehhh she is great :o of course :) :angel: