The Guilty
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Vamos Aniko :bounce:

RYNJ
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Big Serving Maria Vs. Little Serving Anniko? Who will win win? hehe

thalle
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Good luck Masha. Great chance:) Don't choke;)

per4ever
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Aniko Kapros in a final :eek:

GO MASHA!!!!!!!

Lady
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Wow Wow Wow!! Davai Mashanya!!! :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Sharapova hsould win, she will slaughter Kapros's serve

Smart
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:11 AM
The isn't a major difference between service game any longer. Kapros has improved it.

It is almost 50-50 before the final. Maria has her first WTA final and she surely feels some pressures 'cause the crowd waits a lot from her (especially the young guys there). However, Kapros has come from the darkness. Kapros is more experienced, on the other hand.

Gowza
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:27 AM
i saw kapros play at the us open this year and she was hitting her groundies very well, easily top 20 groundies imo. but i think she was playing justine who was retrieving everything so aniko ended up hitting the error, and she isn't the quickest either which was also a problem against justine. i think the serve has improved but it could still be better. kapros hasn't really come from the darkness, she had an excellent junior career and i certainly expected a pretty good pro career from her. she lost her way (may have got injured i'm not sure) and has started to get some good wins and now she's in a final. her groundies should get her into the top 50 eventually. i think it will be a tough match for both players and a very high quality one. unless sharapova plays like she did against harkleroad at wimbledon then it will be quite a tough match. it's hard to pick a winner as i haven't seen much of either player and i don't know whether experience will play a part or what however neither have been in a final before. i think sharapova will come out the winner but if her game is off then she will get killed.

KV
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Stick with Masha

AKTW
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Good luck Maria!
Congrats on winning the doubles title. :)
Win the singles title now. :)

Kart
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Good luck Kapros - that second serve always makes me laugh but if she got to the final she's obviously doing something right :D

j_dementieva27
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:19 PM
i think that this will go to sharapova in 2 easy sets.... i agree that kapros' groundstorkes are very good, but sharapova mataches them up better probably... plus kapros' country-club serve, and below-par movement and volleys... i expect this is maria's match to lose

GoGoMaggie
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:22 PM
If Shrapova wins the title, do you think she will come back next year to defend the title? I think no matter what she will play Moscow next year....

Mateo Mathieu
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Aniko will win for sure!! ;) Because of her groundstrokes are flawless!! :p

ghosts
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:25 PM
C'mon Aniko :)

GermanBoy
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:50 PM
I think Kapros is able to beat Sharapova.

Experimentee
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Aniko won. Shes been tearing through her matches all week, while Sharapova has struggled. Aniko has the game to beat Sharapova if shes on, her groundstrokes are good and i think shes improved her serve.

bandabou
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM
People talk about Kaprosīs movement.....but it ainīt like Maria is speedy gonzales either!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:23 PM
People talk about Kaprosīs movement.....but it ainīt like Maria is speedy gonzales either!

Kapros is actually not in bad shape. She'll never be a Pistolesi or Coetzer, but she is a lot like Danilidou in that while she might not have the quickest pace, she is able to sustain that pace over long three set matches. It won't drop.

Her groundstrokes are def top 20 or 25 as well. She doesn't blow you off the court from the first shot, although if you give her a short ball GOOD NIGHT. She just keeps her shot very deep and they're really penetrating, only about 2 or 3 inches from the baseline consistently. She's got a lethal forehand as well and can do anything with it. I think the match will come down to how Maria reacts to Aniko's serves. Kapros has a serve in which somebody ranked #150 might be able to handle it with ease, but the #2 Justine Henin has major issues dealing with it. If Maria can jump all over Aniko's serves and get control of the point right from the start, it'll be a 6-2 6-3 win. HOWEVER, what very well could happen is that Maria tries to generate too much of her own pace off the return and misses a lot of them. Maria's serve can break down too so IMO this is anyone's ball game.

Prediction: Maria overcomes the Annamania hype and snags a title 6-4 3-6 7-5

shap_half
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:03 PM
I think Kapros will be able to beat Sharapova. I hope that Kapros does

vs1
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Come on Maria!!!! Great opportunity here.

I think that as long as Maria stays focused, she'll walk away the titlist. At least that's what I am hoping!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Allez Joosteen
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:06 PM
It's really nice to see the praise for Aniko cos I think she's one the most underrated players on the tour. Remember she's the only one to really push Justine at the US Open prior to the semi's. I think she can beat Maria and agree with the lot that said her groundies are definitely top 20.

NicoMary
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:14 PM
If Sharapova stay focus and play her game she can't have problem against a player like Aniko kapros...Kapros's got good shots and good cpace at the back, but she is not powerfull enough to disturbed mariaS she's got a very bad serve, Maria s'got a huge serve a great rythme and some very very good and powerfull shot...if she is not too scared of playing her first final she will probably win :) :hearts:

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:57 PM
:clap2:GOOD LUCK TO MARIA!:clap2:

[S@nti]
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:04 PM
VAMOS Maria! :D

Rtael
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Go Aniko!

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:10 PM
These two played this summer in World Team Tennis. Kapros won, and I don't think she's afraid of Maria's groundstrokes.
I think the match will be decided on serves and returns. Maria has an advantage in serving. She needs to get service breaks.

the cat
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Maria in 3 sets in an up and down match. :) I just hope the doubles didn't take too much out of Maria for her first WTA Tour singles final.

Udachi Maria! :bounce:

USST_TOUR
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:14 PM
I think that Aniko will beat Maria, but I want Maria to win....

:bounce:GO MARIA!:bounce:

:sad: Please proove me wrong

rated_next
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:16 PM
C'mon Aniko :)

narcissus boy
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Go Aniko!!!

Habsudovafan
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Glad to see some support for ANIKO!!! She was laughed at last year for her serve but she is a big talent and now she has improved her serve she could go far. She was a top junior (not a garantee for succes though) winning australian open junior singles and doubles!!!!!!!

Joana
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Let's go Masha!!!
But Aniko will be tough to beat, I'm sure...