PDA

View Full Version : Cory Ann Avants

narcissus boy
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:58 PM
is this girl talented? her juniors results were pretty good, so do you think she has a chance for top 30 on main tour in the future? i also read a nice little story on here about she let a fan hit with her..:) shes also very beautiful. i hope she plays lafayette so i can see her!!!:hearts::hearts:

narcissus boy
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:30 AM
bump

Ted of Teds Tennis
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:10 AM
You should ask in the Challengers forum. People there know about all sorts of obscure players you've never heard of in WTA events. :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Cory Ann is def a good player. She hits the ball with two hands on both sides and has a personality sort of a like bunny on amphetamine. She's always pounding her thigh with her fist, jumping up and down, encouraging herself after every shot. She is hands down the biggest fighter on tour, even more than Monica!!! I've seen her play 5 times and she only played well once, yet manged to push into a third set or even win the match out of sheer will. She often will come back from 5-1 or 5-2 and even if she doesnt win the set, she'll at least make it a 6-4 set. She's also a real sweetheart too.

She'll surely make top 100, maybe top 50, but unfortunately I don't see top 30. Her problem is that she is soooo streaky. It's almost impossible for her to string 2-3 solid matches in a row. Her serve is absolutely awful too. It clicks one match out of 4, other than that her first serve % is about 40. When her first serve goes on it's very solid, but her toss is all over the place so she never gets a consistent motion. She also kind of rides the emotional roller coaster a bit. She'll be all jazzed up one game and then sulking and throwing her racket the next. EVERY match I've seen her lose she has been in tears after.

So to answer your question, she'll probably have a career that involves a couple of WTA semifinals, maybe one final at the lower level, a match at a GS where she either scalps a top 10 player or pushes a top 5 player to a very close 3 setter, and will probably peak at around 40

Bероника
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks!!! Seems like an interesting player from what I've been reading.Can't wait to see her play!

narcissus boy
Oct 10th, 2003, 04:57 AM
I met her, and she was so sweet. I was so shy to meet her because she had just lost in doubles, and seemed upset. So my mom ran back with me and she said "My son loves you and wants to meet you. Can you take a picture with him?" and she smiled big and said sure. She put her arm around me.. :eek: Then she asked my name and I told her, and shook my hand, and said atleast 3 times "Thanks for watching us play." Then we said bye and good luck rest of the tournament. :hearts:

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 10th, 2003, 09:50 AM
awwww jordie :hearts:

Shooter
Oct 10th, 2003, 02:45 PM
I saw Cory play 2 years ago at the 'estyle' in Los Angeles (pics below). At the time I thought she had a lot of potential - top 50 for sure. But it hasn't panned out.

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/LA01/First_Round.html

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg

brunof
Oct 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I hope she comes to the St. Paul Challenger in early 2004! :) GO CORY ANN AVANTS! :)