PDA

View Full Version : ..for those who miss Serena,Venus,Monica and Hingis..

Dawn Marie
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:18 AM
The tour is lacking without them imho and I wish they would all come back asap.

When one of these 4 are gone something is just missing..

TSequoia01
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:37 AM
I definitely agree. But absence does make the heart grow fonder and tends to make all fans appreciate them. I have had an awesome 4years of watching both Sisters win slams and dominate. I was getting a bit spoiled if I say so myself. Started expecting my gals to win every tourney (which they almost did ) :o

LeonHart
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Yes, Martina please come back and win the French, then you can retire!

the cat
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:51 AM
That is so true, Dawn. These 4 great players and different personalities are greatly missed. I think the Williams sisters could be back next year. And hopefully Monica will return, too. But I don't think Martina will return to the WTA Tour because she has serious injury problems with her ankles and she appears to happy away from tennis.

Bezz
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:24 AM
I think a full tour with all these players would be great. The GS and top tourneys would be packed with talent, and make tennis more intersting for me instead of the williams or belgians winning all the big titles.

rfs1999
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Go Monica!

moby
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Yes, Martina please come back and win the French, then you can retire!

:bounce:

tennisjam
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:13 PM
I'd say many things are just missing... :o

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:12 PM
I really miss Monica - I cant wait until next year to see her back on the courts again. For me, this year has been miserible without her.

Bероника
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:33 PM
R&J ,I couldn't agree more with you.For me it's been a crappy year in tennis terms.

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:44 PM
R&J ,I couldn't agree more with you.For me it's been a crappy year in tennis terms.
:sad:veronika and r&j :bigcry:

Fyndh0rnElf
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:55 PM

Yeh, full of choking, injuries and slumps. French Open was good but could have been better. AO was cool too, Wimbledon was alright and the USO totally sucked

Joana
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:03 AM
The tour does miss them, but they need a healthy Monica who would not have to retire from half of the tournaments and a fit Martina who would be a threat to the very best again. Somehow I don't see that happening... :sad:

Mister B
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:09 AM
yah, I really miss the years 1999-2000 where we had superb tennis all the time... the Hingis-Williams rivalry was simply GREAT!