PDA

View Full Version : Stop trying to make everything controversial...

pReUrBrIyN
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:54 PM
I've noticed that as of late some people are just egging eachother on so that everyone can get into fights...and I find it really stupid because then it pisses everybody else off, so please stop the egging...

That is all.

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:59 PM
I've noticed that as of late some people are just egging eachother on so that everyone can get into fights...and I find it really stupid because then it pisses everybody else off, so please stop the egging...

That's total bullshit! How can you SAY things like that! You have no idea what you're talking about! I DARE you to prove that! It's exactly that sort of sweeping generalization that's causing all the problems. It must be your fault. The rest of us can't even SPELL 'controvers..controve ..contro ... con ...

Never mind.

tennisfan1972
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:05 PM
Rotflmao@ Volcano

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:08 PM

That is all.

All Shut UP!!!

We have nothing more to do when our fave isn't beating the shit out of some unlucky tour gal.

ico4498
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:35 PM
lol at Volcana & Ballbuster ...

lee station
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:41 PM
???????? :confused: The board is going smooth

kyk710
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:50 PM
All Shut UP!!!

We have nothing more to do when our fave isn't beating the shit out of some unlucky tour gal.

:haha:. No wonder Anna fans have been so bitter lately.......

kyk710
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:50 PM
Anna :kiss: Come back soon!

*JR*
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:30 PM
I agree re. not making everything controversial, and with not having controversy "for its own sake". HOWEVER: things happen that one may feel are simply wrong. Like my current drumbeat about the way Lei Clijsters "played" Leipzig (or accepted Elke's WC as a defacto bribe, doesn't matter whether he even "had to ask" IMO). Now will that make some Kim fans uncomfortable? Yes (although she was used by her Dad like he was a pimp, and is sort of a victim, too; along with Elke, who was made to look like a "tennis welfare recipient" here). The point is, whether one agrees or not, its directed @ "Tennis, Inc." NOT these 2 girls. (WC policies being a fully legitimate topic of discussion and debate). So perhaps the point should be about needless controversy.

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
^^^Jolly

If that was your daughter wouldn't you do everything you could to get her no ball playing behind in every tournament you could? Give Lei a break. He's suppose to pull strings. Elke got blown-out and that's all that matters.

Martian Willow
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:09 PM
...I imagine JRs beef is with the tournament organizers...who didn't have to, and shouldn't have, given in to Lei...even if he did 'threaten' Kims withdrawal...to be honest, now I've got used to it I tend to consider the bitching on this forum to be part of its character...it's quite amusing really... :)

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
i know...like its all ballbusters fault...BASTARD! ;)

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:27 PM
I've noticed that as of late some people are just egging eachother on so that everyone can get into fights...

Have you really only noticed that as of late ?

*JR*
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:00 AM
RB, I hope to God I would NOT pimp my more famous daughter to get a freebie for the other one, and "rape" a more deserving player in the process. (AND, that I'd have raised them with the integrity to "just say no" if I ever tried). Willow, yes, the tournament directors indeed are also to blame. And were it up to me, Elke would face a long ban from receiving wildcards except earned gold or silver, and Lei would be banned from any business relationship with the game for a long time, too.

Martian KC
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:38 AM

That is all.

Practice what you preach, fucktard.