PDA

View Full Version : My fellow Williams fans - REEEEEE-lax!

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Guys, our ladies are out injured. They will inevitably slide down the rankings. That's how the tour works. Neither of them is facing any threat from anyone else on tour. Both of them won their last matches against any non-blood-related competition. So, just as I, in 1998, was convinced Venus was finally the superior of those around her, so too, fans of other players are now convinced that Venus is slipping.

That's totally cool.

Rather than worry about that, we can take heart in Venus' statement that they're going to play another ten years! And if some other player is better, I'm sure their last match against Venus and/or Serena shows it. Meanwhile, chill out. The important thing is they get back by OZ. (and wind up on opposite sides of the draw. Venus may have slipped to #9, and Serena to #5 by then. Can you imagine a Venus-Justine FOURTH round match at OZ?

CamilleVidann
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Well Venus is such a lair. No way can she play another ten years.. Well she's a part time tennis player.......so it doesn't count does it?

Knizzle
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Guys, our ladies are out injured. They will inevitably slide down the rankings. That's how the tour works. Neither of them is facing any threat from anyone else on tour. Both of them won their last matches against any non-blood-related competition. So, just as I, in 1998, was convinced Venus was finally the superior of those around her, so too, fans of other players are now convinced that Venus is slipping.

That's totally cool.

Rather than worry about that, we can take heart in Venus' statement that they're going to play another ten years! And if some other player is better, I'm sure their last match against Venus and/or Serena shows it. Meanwhile, chill out. The important thing is they get back by OZ. (and wind up on opposite sides of the draw. Venus may have slipped to #9, and Serena to #5 by then. Can you imagine a Venus-Justine FOURTH round match at OZ?

No one is worried. Are you??

Infiniti2001
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Oh I'm relaxed alright, because like my good friend TSequoia says "hurricane Williams is coming soon enough". :wavey: :bounce: :dance: :nerner:

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:42 PM
Worried? LOL

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Can you imagine a Venus-Justine FOURTH round match at OZ?

I'm sure that is the new fear that will be plaguing the tour for a while now. The sistah's are used to playing tough competitors in the early rounds and beating them all you have to do is pull up their prior history with players who were ranked higher than them and look at how they faired.

Other than a Serena v. Justine, I'm just not to excited about anything else. A Venus v. Justine would be a walk over. Although, I guess, it would be good to see how the new and improved, but skill inefficient Justine will fair opposite Venus.

Freewoman33
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Exactly Volcana. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:54 PM
No one is worried.

'Worry' is figure-of-speech, in this case. I just means we WIlliams fans should let other players's fans enjoy thinking they're faves are better. Where's the harm?

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
'Worry' is figure-of-speech, in this case. I just means we WIlliams fans should let other players's fans enjoy thinking they're faves are better. Where's the harm?

I'm used to being dominant. I can't have it any other way. So, if I allow others to feel superior that compromises something in me.

That's harmful enough.

Knizzle
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:59 PM
Venus can win Philly and the Champs so she could be sitting in the #4 spot just as quickly as she is #7.

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
I'm used to being dominant. I can't have it any other way. So, if I allow others to feel superior that compromises something in me.

That's harmful enough.

Well, what can I say? I asked. You answered.:)

TeeRexx
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:06 PM
LOL@ BallBuster! :lol:
My sentiments exactly! :)

joao
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:09 PM
I just don't understand why people are so worried about Venus slipping down the rankings ... she hasn't played for 3 months (missing a GS where she had RU pts to defend and 3 TierII tournaments where she had Championships points to defend... in the mix) ... of course she is gonna fall!

I mean ... what's the big deal about Dementieva passing Venus in the rankings and the race with another win? Duh ... it is just a normal and expected situation. Shouldn't that poster focused more about the fact that Dementieva will reach a career high ranking with another win ... rather than Dementieva passing Venus with another win?

It is just annoying ...

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:31 PM
Shouldn't that poster focused more about the fact that Dementieva will reach a career high ranking with another win ... rather than Dementieva passing Venus with another win?

Truthfully, no. Venus and Serena are the measuring posts of the tour. Being ranked ahead of Venus, no matter how you got there, is more important than being ranked #6. That won't be true forever, but right now, with Venus 23 and having played in 7 of the last 10 slam finals, getting ahead of her is a big deal.

TM
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
relax? ? wha? williams fans gone retarded.....you know the sisters have lives too you know and their main priority ain't tennis no more or at least at the moment. they're strong freewilled women who CAN do ANYTHING so...I - AIN'T - TRIPPIN !

ico4498
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:21 PM
with Venus and Serena to root for ...
how could I be anything but relaxed?

CJ07
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
I'm not worried, just more bonus points for Venus

joao
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Truthfully, no. Venus and Serena are the measuring posts of the tour. Being ranked ahead of Venus, no matter how you got there, is more important than being ranked #6. That won't be true forever, but right now, with Venus 23 and having played in 7 of the last 10 slam finals, getting ahead of her is a big deal.

you must be kidding right? :confused:

TSequoia01
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:27 PM
Oh I'm relaxed alright, because like my good friend TSequoia says "hurricane Williams is coming soon enough". :wavey: :bounce: :dance: :nerner:

And donot forget the tornado she will spawn.....the awesome Serena! Worried? No way! I am awaiting the coming storm in all it's fury. Can't you feel the apprehension? Everyone is dashing for all time rankings knowing all to well they had better get it while the getting is good. Hey I ain't mad at them. Enjoy, but look over your shoulders :eek: because devastation inc. is fast approaching, and like I said before it is already raining................threads. ;)

Hi Infiniti :wavey: :wavey: :hearts: :kiss: