PDA

View Full Version : Monica or Jennifer

Jen'sFan
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:29 PM
Which player made the best comeback into tennis?

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Thomas Muster

Mase
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Jen went through alot mentally but Monica's physical comeback, as was as mental comeback after being stabbed way surpasses what Jenny went through......

vancouverite
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:00 PM
Seles, by a mile.

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:14 PM
Obviously Jen...Monica shouldn´t have been in the position to be making a comeback.

Volcana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:16 PM
That's a very difficult question to answer.

From what I've read, Monica could have come back PHYSICALLY in three months. The wound wasn't especially deep. (There is, of course, no such thing a 'shallow' wound when someone is trying to kill you.)

As for the mental aspect of things, who can say? Jenn was one messed up little girl. Perhaps I can best answer the question by posing another one. Who made the greater comeback, basketball player Paul Pierce form being shot, Lance Armstrong from cancer, or Monica from stabbing?

The problem her is that we don't know if Jenn was an addict or a casual drug user. If an addict, I'd have to rate her comeback greater than Monica's.

Snuffkin
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM
There are too many differences to make a call on this one. Plus, are we just talking about them both playing a match again or what they've managed to do since their respective comebacks? If so, do we consider what level they were both at before their sabbaticals and what they managed to achieve after them?

Plus, there's too much we don't know about behind the scenes. As much as I love Jen, I'm not blind to the fact that there's been a lot of talk about what exactly she was upto at that stage of her life when she was off the tour. I also think some of it may well be true, although, of course, I have no proof and will never find out.

Doubtlessly, both have made great comebacks and both for very different reasons. Some will claim Monica's is greater because Jen's was self-inflicted, but the bottom line is that they both found themselves at a very dark point of their lives and managed not just to get themselves out of that, but also managed to get back onto a tennis court. That deserves enormous credit.

irma
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:30 PM
let's see somebody gets attacked with a knife on a normal day and comes back
somebody goes on party's and smokes pot and comes back

I guess to do the last is so much harder :rolleyes:

Jen'sFan
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:39 PM
There is alot more to it than that if you dont know that then why post ignorant comments. Fool.

irma
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:53 PM
so tell me about her trauma and don't start how daddy pushed her since that happened to 90% of the tour.

Jen'sFan
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:54 PM
Whatever, i aint wasting my breath on you

Experimentee
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:08 PM
Monica. Jen wasnt almost killed on court, she was just smoking pot.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Monica, hands down, but Jenn has made the most of her "comeback".

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:29 PM
The fact that this is even being discussed shows how time gradually makes us forget the horror of things when they actually happen.

Monica's comeback heavily outweighs JenCap's.

danra
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
I really really don't see the need to judge who had the 'best' comeback.

They both had extremely rough rides, both (probably) at times thought of never coming back, yet ultimately did it - and enjoyed arguably greater successes from then on - Monica being popular in a way she never was before and Jen achieving what was promised all those years ago.

They're both faves of mine, but I can't say either had the 'better' comeback.

Interesting question though.

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:58 PM
let's see somebody gets attacked with a knife on a normal day and comes back

I guess to do the last is so much harder :rolleyes:

Step five :banana:.

Spirit
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:58 PM
Is there a prize for winning this competition?

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:00 PM
Who won the most Slams and tourneys since their downfall???

There is your winner.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:38 PM
"I don't see what's the big deal about Capriati comeback, it's just that more people can relate to her, unlike Monica who about no one can relate to her - who was stabbed because she was too good? So Capriati gets more credit than she should, really. "

Monica was stabbed because her attacker was crazy, not because she was too good, unless you agree with the rationale of a nut.

MisterQ
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:40 PM
I certainly see the case for Monica, seeing as she was physically harmed. But i would vote for Jen because she had more at stake, imo. Monica had already proven herself as a great player in history before the stabbing. Jen, on the other hand, risked being forever labelled as a cautionary tale and failure if she did not manage to come back.

irma
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:43 PM
Step five :banana:.

this deserves two steps;)

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:46 PM
this deserves two steps;)

Anything that brings you closer to (sorry from :p) the dark side - step six it is :aparty:.

Only a few left now - be careful how you step now, after all you're halfway there ;)

irma
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:50 PM
yeah I can better leave this thread since this comparing annoys me a lot :o ;)

Kart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:56 PM
yeah I can better leave this thread since this comparing annoys me a lot :o ;)

You'd better :bolt: quick : I'm tempted to let you have a half a step for not liking the comparisons ;) - we'll have to get Hingis-Seles' :worship: opinion.

Anyway irma :hearts:, you'd better learn to find your way out of here http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=8353 :devil: and into here http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=10&f=27 :angel: pretty quick :kiss: ;)

*abby*
Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:46 PM
jenny wasnt JUST smokin pot she had a complete emotional breakdown if u havnt read the articles she thought she was fat and ugly and wanted to kill herself.now for someone to come back from that has to hav the best comeback.but not only did she just come back she was world number 1 an won so many titles.which is y she was awarded so many greatest comeback athletes thingys etc.not to take anythin away from monica but ppl get injured in sport all the time fair enuf not stabbed but yeah it happens so to come back yeah is a great thing but not the greatest imoand wot has she achieved since she came back if u compare the winner is obvious!

jenny161185
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:01 PM
I don t think you can choose they were both totally different circumstances but both great women!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:13 PM
Jenn's won lots of tournaments since she cameback? Three slams...(great) . How many tour events has she won?

vs1
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:16 PM
MONICA :worship: without a doubt. In Monica's case, she was the victim of a deranged psycho!!! She didn't bring it upon herself and her physical, mental and emotional blocks/demons must have been astonishing. Jenn was a rebel. She couldn't take the heat and she burnt out. It was amazing how she got it together and reached the top, but in her case, it was all within her control. And she showed that with commitment and hard work, you can achieve your dreams. Monica showed us what champions are all about!! :worship:

Spirit
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:23 PM
There's a little debate going on here between two users named "DA FOREHAND" and "DA BACKHAND."

Wonder who will win. :p

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:38 PM
He stabbed Monica because she was better than Graf, sorry it's well documented

Yeah by a court appointed shrink! The man was crazy how was he to know that Steffi was a few points from reclaiming the number one ranking? :confused:

Malin
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:03 PM
People so quickly reduce Jen's amazing comeback. They tend to forget she was just a little girl when her life was all messed up. It's hard enough for adults to get through let alone a kid who was constantly in the mdeia and whose parents are getting divorced. No one ever expected her to comeback the way she has. No one would ever of thought she'd win a slam.

It's hard to compare the two comebacks, but I think less people were surprised Monica came back. Jen caught every one off gaurd winning her first slam 10 years later than she was supposed to. I'd also say Jen's comeback has been more successful and more dedicated. Monica hasn't cared as much.

Hingiswinsthis
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:23 PM
If monica had put Steffi away in that 1995 Us Open final, i'd say Monica by a mile......it's a tough call. but I do agree that Jenn made more out of her "comeback" that statement is true.

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Give me a break...Monica laready gets too much credit for her 'what if' career....she blew her chances, mental frailty or not i cant stand when otheres try and make excuses for hewr, Monica is a wonderfull athelet but she would not want otheres to make excuses for her.

Jennifer is the same, she already stated thats shes back and she doesnt care about 'best comeback' cause she already won the award for 'best comeback' ...so mute point there

what a terrible thread!

CJ07
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry but you cant compare the two

I dunno what all happened with Jennifer, but someone tried to kill Monica Seles. Whatever happened to Jennifer was her own fault. I mean her father probably did harm her mentally, but it obviously couldnt be that bad as hes still around her 24/7.

And other than the 2001 Australian, her GS were flukes. Not flukes, but were a case of good luck. If the 2001 draw wasnt depleted and Monica and or Venus were 100%, she'd have 1 slam at best.
For that matter, Jennifer probably had lost that 2001 QF had Monica not played doubles that year.

Nevertheless, Seles is in another league than Jennifer, and comparing them is utterly rediculous and unnecesary. Oh, and about titles, Monica has won 21, Jennifer, what 5, 6, 7?
Please

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:01 PM
mmcdonald... Seles is not in a league of her own, Jennifers comeback was just as great if not more so, who are you to judge which was better? im not saying either was better, just dont downplay either girls...there better than that :)

as for titles, were talking about IMPACT hun, not quantity, sure monica has 21 titles (and thats great) but we all know who the best player of 2001 was...Jennifer (dont start with venus, were talking about Monica and Jen here)

Besides Jennifer, when she came back, was making front page news for about 2 1/2 years, while Monica barely got a back page article in!

Maybe that doesnt mean anything to you mmcdonald but to the majority of us, it does. Jennifer won 3 slams, thats 2 more than Monica, and monica has been playing well since 1996 so she had a head start on winning those 21 titles!

besides, jen has been in more tier 1 finals than any other top 10 player other than Serena and Kim...sure shes lost most of them, but imagine if she had one all of those finals?

- 3 nasdaq100 Titles

- 2 Canadian Open titles

- Italian open title

-Oklahoma champs

- German open

-west bank classic champs

-Eastbourn

.....not to mention...ooooh 4 other semi final appearences along with 3 quarter final appearences @ the Majors to go along with her 3 slams...all in less than 3 regular years! (time fly's when your #1 huh?)

so dont even dare try and downplay Jens comeback,.....and as for titles she has 15 NOT 7
-

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:04 PM
and did i mention shes been in like 35 semi finals???? yeah ooops forgot to mention that did we mmcdonald? 3 years 35 semi final places or better...not bad for 'just a pot head' huh?

CondiLicious
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
so dont even dare try and downplay Jens comeback,.....and as for titles she has 15 NOT 7
-

In her career? Or just over the past few years? Cause Monica has at least 50 total...

Anyways... they both made great comebacks. Jennifer made the most of her chances though. Monica as much as I love her let too much go. She should have beaten Martina in the 2002 AO final. She didn't work enough on her fitness... I don't think she wanted it quite as much as Jennifer.

Joana
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:16 PM
You can't compare these two really. Yes, Jennifer's life was messed up, she was in chaos, but nothing compared to what happened to Monica. Physical part may not have been that bad, but the pure notion that someone tried to kill you just because you were the best at your job... I admire her for steping back onto tennis court again, not to mention the titles she won afterwards.

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:16 PM
too true...its too bad because Jen and Monica at one time had the best rivalry ever....its too bad Monica was never in shape enough to challenge Capriatis superior fitness and overall power game...mon was just too slow! :sad:

Trish101
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:18 PM
then again i always new that once Jennifer had grown into her body she would be the better player...she has more power now than monica had back in 91'

CondiLicious
Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:44 PM
then again i always new that once Jennifer had grown into her body she would be the better player...she has more power now than monica had back in 91'

um... okay

magassi
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:27 AM
I think in terms of a personal triumph or comeback, Monica wins easily. But when speaking of a Sports comeback or achievement, I think Jennifer wins. People forget that Monica returned to the tour ranked co-number 1 (deservedly so). But she also had nice draws because of that ranking. Jennifer came back with no ranking, fell to 200 in the world at one point, played qualies and lost; but then managed to win 3 slams at a time when women's tennis was as its most competitive and was even ranked #1 for a short time. So, I think their stories are a bit different.

faboozadoo15
Oct 4th, 2003, 01:49 AM
trish-- check their head to head...
if capriati ran faster and always hit the ball harder-- how has seles beten her all those times??? hmm

also-- maybe u weren't a fan of tennis in 95-- but there was WAY more attention on monica's comeback than jennifer's. jennifer's comeback began just when she started playing well again after SEVERAL YEARS BACK ON TOUR. she still played from 96- now. monica came back form a vicious crime and was ALREADY playing well from the moment she returned.

capriati's is hardly a comeback, if you ask me, it's an excellent turnaround- a change of events. if she came back in 96 and immediately began winning events which led to a slam, then yea-- that would be a comeback. she CAME BACK then sucked for a while then got a whole lot better. monica CAME BACK and kicked ass.

da forehand-- this is for you. parche was obsessed with steffi. he knew the ranking points, all her results. but more importantly, he knew SELES'S results-- which were a world better for 3 (let me hear it) 3 years in a row. THAT drove him crazy. forget abt steffi getting close in the rankings. everytime they played, seles was the odds on favorite, and he knew that. parche followed all of this meticulously, and it ate him alive. if seles had been #2 or 3 in the world, this never would have happened-- plain and simple.

Trish101
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:01 AM
if monica was doing SOOO well then tell me why she never won all those slams she was supposed to win????? where were the 3 slams Jen won? where was that #1 Ranking WITHOUT the pretective ranking? Jennifer may have come back ...(she played 1 stupid match in 1996 dumbass...thats NOT a come back its ONE MATCH) in early 1999 for real and she actually was #200 in the world...she didnt get a protective ranking...mon did, mut thats ok cause we all know whos still on top of her game and whos the girl whos almost dead tennis-wise...so eat that bitch

Jennifer-top 5 in the world...still a #1 contender...palying well

Monica- do i even have to go there? lets just say shes OVER

Trish101
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:05 AM
not bashing Monica...i love her and miss her, but its true, Jen and Monica arew about the same age yet Jens still around and kicking ass....and contending...mon?? .....welll ermmm...........

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:09 AM
woteva trish!!

hingis-seles
Oct 4th, 2003, 02:16 AM
You'd better :bolt: :quick : I'm tempted to let you have a half a step for not liking the comparisons ;) - we'll have to get Hingis-Seles' :worship: opinion.

Anyway irma :hearts:, you'd better learn to find your way out of here http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=8353 :devil: and into here http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=10&f=27 :angel: pretty quick :kiss: ;)

Kart :hearts:

She's half-way there! :bounce: :woohoo: Give her the half-step, I say! Anything to get her farther away from the dark side. ;) :p

Malin
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:01 AM
I'm sorry but you cant compare the two

I dunno what all happened with Jennifer, but someone tried to kill Monica Seles. Whatever happened to Jennifer was her own fault. I mean her father probably did harm her mentally, but it obviously couldnt be that bad as hes still around her 24/7.

And other than the 2001 Australian, her GS were flukes. Not flukes, but were a case of good luck. If the 2001 draw wasnt depleted and Monica and or Venus were 100%, she'd have 1 slam at best.
For that matter, Jennifer probably had lost that 2001 QF had Monica not played doubles that year.

Nevertheless, Seles is in another league than Jennifer, and comparing them is utterly rediculous and unnecesary. Oh, and about titles, Monica has won 21, Jennifer, what 5, 6, 7?
Please

What a bunch of crap, here we go with the "what ifs" again. Monica couldn't beat Jen that year, it wouldn't have mattered it she played doubles or not. Here is a prime example of how monica fans live in the past.

And if we are comparing the titles they've won, anyone would takes Jen's three slams over Monica's one slam and a bunch of smaller titles. And Monica has been back for years. Jen won the three slams in her first two years back.

ktwtennis
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Monica--for reasons already mentioned...

faboozadoo15
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:32 AM
lmao-- in 99 jenn didn't have a ranking to protect...

in mon's 3 tournaments back, she won a SLAM, a TIER 1, and reached a grand slam final-- she didn't need the protected ranking if you think about it. there was no one that could beat her in canada, no one could have beaten her in australia...

btw-- jenn played more than A MATCH in 96-- bc she got to the freaking final of chicago-- eat that! not to mention losing in the first round of the french and us opens...

and achem-- monica is injured... and to think that monica doesn't have a few more wins in her (especially against a familiar sitting duck like capriati) would just be foolish. so i'll let you play the fool and let your own words come back to you

kinda like they did when bovina took out jenn in her opening round match :eek:

Malin
Oct 4th, 2003, 05:12 AM
yeah just like petrova took out monica in the opening round of the french!!

irma
Oct 4th, 2003, 05:19 AM
"Jen won the three slams in her first two years back"

she did?

Trish101
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:27 AM
whatever bitch

Trish101
Oct 4th, 2003, 06:36 AM
it really just shows you how very little some posters know about tennis.

Jennifer is absolutely more dominant today, we all know who is the williams challenger, the only woman who can time and time again challenge the sisters without going away with so much of a sqweak...true Monica staged a brilliant win over Venus last year in Australia (good win too) but overall Jen is now the superior athelet

...im not talking about 10 years ago...im saying Jens done more than Monica did when coming back...i could and the rest of us care less how many titles Monica won or didnt win im talking about SLAMS S L A M S...and as far as 99.9% of all of us are concerned a tennis player is only as good as the slams she/he wins....so whatever bitch dissagree, the facts are there and any TRUE tennis pro would agree (and im sure Monica would too)

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Monica made a great comeback for sure....it was unfortunate that she was stabbed in a match. But as soon as she camebck, she got a massive symapthy vote, everyone loved her, the press, the lot. Rightly so of course. But she's hardly set the tennis world alight since...

Jennifer had to go through all these horrible interviews reminding her of her past constantly, some were so bad they made her cry :sad:
She got a hell of alot of critiscm from the press and others but kept going cos she wanted to achieve something in tennis.

I agree that both are different situations and i admire both.

Joana
Oct 4th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I just want to remind some people: when Monica returned to tennis, she had to face Steffi at her best. Steffi of 1995-96 was way better than Steffi of 1991-93.

Nikola
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
I like Monica

www.jelly-dokic.com/board :bounce:

ktwtennis
Oct 4th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Jenn is the only one to challenge the sisters time and again? OH REALLY?!? She's won how many matches against Venus? And how many straight losses has she had to Serena???

And the press bothering Jenn about her past is her own fault--you reap what you sow. Those questions were the consequences of the choices she made...

And let's not forget Monica not only made a great physical and mental comeback but also had to have another great emotional comeback when her father died in 1998!

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Seles, by a mile.
Definately.

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:15 PM
it really just shows you how very little some posters know about tennis.

Jennifer is absolutely more dominant today, we all know who is the williams challenger, the only woman who can time and time again challenge the sisters without going away with so much of a sqweak...true Monica staged a brilliant win over Venus last year in Australia (good win too) but overall Jen is now the superior athelet

...im not talking about 10 years ago...im saying Jens done more than Monica did when coming back...i could and the rest of us care less how many titles Monica won or didnt win im talking about SLAMS S L A M S...and as far as 99.9% of all of us are concerned a tennis player is only as good as the slams she/he wins....so whatever bitch dissagree, the facts are there and any TRUE tennis pro would agree (and im sure Monica would too)
Monica has defeated both Serena and Venus in singles, and has defeated them in doubles.;)

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Well maybe a few yrs ago. Would she stand a chance against them now? No i think it would be straight sets all the way for the ws. As least jen gives them both a game...

Bероника
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Why instead of comparing them don't we applaud those great woman for fighting back? They both deserve respect.Comparisons are stupid.

:worship: Monica

:worship: Jennifer

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Well maybe a few yrs ago. Would she stand a chance against them now? No i think it would be straight sets all the way for the ws. As least jen gives them both a game...
Or maybe Jenn would just choke after holding match points and lose everytime they play now.:wavey:

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Or maybe Jenn would just choke after holding match points and lose everytime they play now.:wavey:
Still better than having your ass kicked in straight sets :)

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Still better than having your ass kicked in straight sets :)
For your info, Monica has taken the sisters to 3 sets many times, and as I have said - she has defeated them as well.

3 out of the 5 times that Monica and Serena have played, it has gone 3 sets.

All you can say results wise, is that Jenn has done the same as Monica has against the sisters.

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Yes but im not talking about now - if they played each other today, which game would be closer (if all were fit i mean). We all know what the answer would be...

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Yes but im not talking about now - if they played each other today, which game would be closer (if all were fit i mean). We all know what the answer would be...
No we dont - its all speculation until the match is over.

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:11 PM
For sure we dont know but we know the more likely outcome...

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Jenn fans will think Jenn - and Monica fans will think Monica. But its all speculation and you know it.

And not even regarding Jenn and Monica fans - anybody that says "this person would win" before it happens, is just assuming/guessing/predicting.....not a fact.

CondiLicious
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:14 PM

We do? Oh okay then...

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:19 PM
We do? Oh okay then...
Look face it right now in this period in time Jennifer is a better player than Monica. I dont know why thats so hard for u to accept. I accept that Jen is not as good as Serena. Why cant u?

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Look face it right now in this period in time Jennifer is a better player than Monica. I dont know why thats so hard for u to accept. I accept that Jen is not as good as Serena. Why cant u?
Cause of their head to head records. Even if you just count the meetings after Seles came back (not 90-93) - Monica is still the winner over Jenn.

And just common sense - your a Jenn fan so you think Jenn. I am a Seles fan so I of course I think Monica.

Seems pretty reasonable.

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Will Seles ever win a slam again though? She's not really a contender anymore is she? Jen still is, you cant deny that. So that proves who's better. Monica is great but the time has passed...

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Will Seles ever win a slam again though? She's not really a contender anymore is she? Jen still is, you cant deny that. So that proves who's better. Monica is great but the time has passed...
There you go again...predicting. You never know - Jenn may never win another slam. Monica may never win another slam. Who's to say? And if we do before it has happened, we are just hoping.

You are so intent on making it a fact that Jenn is better then Monica? Oh Please!

Jenn has defeated Monica 5 times - and 3 of those times she had to go to three sets and barely won. So if you want to go into head to head - we can do that.

But I state now - I like Jenn - so this would be only FACTS of their head to head, not dishes towards Jenn.

Wanna continue?

Jen'sFan
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:36 PM
H2H are ok but i'm not talking about things that happened 5 yrs ago, or even 2 yrs ago. In todays world im talking about. Anyway i respect your opinion and we'll see what happens. Ok.

R&J
Oct 4th, 2003, 08:50 PM
H2H are ok but i'm not talking about things that happened 5 yrs ago, or even 2 yrs ago. In todays world im talking about. Anyway i respect your opinion and we'll see what happens. Ok.
Sounds good.

;)

fried_beans
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Jen a number 1 contendeR? :lol: *on the floor*

Monica's comeback was way harder because not only was she stabbed. She was stabbed on court making her emotionally scarred from tennis and afraid to play again. Jen did some drugs...couldnt handle the pressure. whatever

We all know who has and will end having the greater career.

ttaM
Oct 4th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I'm sure it's a lot easier for one to come back and have a "successful comeback career" when they didn't win 8 slams in under 3 years, and didn't already have 100+ weeks at #1 prior to their departure. Most probably expected Monica to come back as she left and stay there. Jennifer really had no where to go but up in "greatness" upon her return. Yes, Jennifer has made the most since her comeback if you look at her career prior to her departure in '93.

Kart
Oct 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM

Yeah we do.

Poor JenCap :p ;).

Seriously though, as many have pointed out in this thread, the fact that they both came back is the most important thing.

Monica :inlove: and JenCap :hearts:.

Brandon85
Oct 5th, 2003, 02:19 AM
jennifer and monica both made huge comebacks! monica and jennifer both struggle very badly after they left the tour...i think jennifer's comeback is much more dramatic because monica came back so strong and jennifer had to work hard to get back...but both are amazing.

FanDeJen
Oct 5th, 2003, 02:26 AM
hey Brandon!

CJ07
Oct 5th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I could probably beat Monica right now too

its not hard to hit a drop shot lob combo

Malin
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:39 AM
I could probably beat Monica right now too

its not hard to hit a drop shot lob combo

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 04:51 AM
yeah, as long as you can drop shot, you can double bagel Monica! YEPPERS! lmao (AND THE SAD THING IS ITS TRUE! by the third one, shed be complaining of respitory difficulty, and by the seventh one shed have to by carted off in a wheelchair!) LMAFASO!

BasicTennis
Oct 5th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Monica is the outright winner if they play a three-setter match.;) Monica is mentally stronger than Jennifer.:devil:

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Bassic, Seles has no confidence, if anything shes weaker than Jen, not only is Monica insecure and 'fragile' but shes also injured...so i highly doubt Jen will be playing Monica anytime soon!

BasicTennis
Oct 5th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Jenny physically stronger but mentally is not there, she just lost another three-setter at the Kremlin Cup just to refresh your mind.:kiss:

Somebody needs to teach Jenn how to control her attitude on court otherwise she'll be at most a semifinal beauty for the remainder of her career.;)

Barrie_Dude
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Jenny physically stronger but mentally is not there, she just lost another three-setter at the Kremlin Cup just to refresh your mind.:kiss:

Somebody needs to teach Jenn how to control her attitude on court otherwise she'll be at most a semifinal beauty for the remainder of her career.;)
:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: Don't Trash My Goddess! :fiery: :fiery:

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:09 AM
CALM DOWN...DEEP BREATH DEEEEP BREATH-Barrie_dude, we are all Monica/Jen fans...so theres no need to get pissed off...lets focus our hatres on the real haters...like King Lindsay, DA BACKHAND (i love you gurl....but you a lil frisky!) and other radical Williams posters (Knizzle, you gotta be in the 'haters' pile, but you got talents sooo... DA BACKHAND, i respect you too...Dawn gurl you are class...but you are all to pro-williams...!)

Barrie_Dude
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:11 AM
CALM DOWN...DEEP BREATH DEEEEP BREATH-Barrie_dude, we are all Monica/Jen fans...so theres no need to get pissed off...lets focus our hatres on the real haters...like King Lindsay, DA BACKHAND (i love you gurl....but you a lil frisky!) and other radical Williams posters (Knizzle, you gotta be in the 'haters' pile, but you got talents sooo... DA BACKHAND, i respect you too...Dawn gurl you are class...but you are all to pro-williams...!)
You trashed Jen so bite me! :toothy:

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:11 AM
i understand your hatred Barie...im pro Cappy 1000000% !

Knizzle
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:12 AM

How am I a hater?? I hope you don't mean I am hating on Capriati?? Why would I hate on her?? For what reason?? I'm confused.

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:13 AM
EXCUSE ME!!!!!???????????! IF YOU HAVE ANY KNOLEDGE YOUD KNOW IM HER BIGGEST! #1 FAN! FUCK OFF!

"trash her"! YEAH! i trashed her! fuck you!

Trish101
Oct 5th, 2003, 08:16 AM
knizzle, i wasnt saying you were hatin her....its k were cool, and as for that BARRIE DUDE...well i dunno about you but i always respected jen, i love her, shes a true survisor just like me, and we share a bond you can never have, its called WOMANHOOD...stop arguing with me, ok? were ALL JEN FANS....UGHHH!!!!