PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Quotes that have come true

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:56 AM
What Quotes from players have come true this year?

Navratilova in Janurary:" I believe we are Top 10 and can finish 2003 in the Top 10"

At the time, Sveta was ranked 56 and Martina was Ranked 72. Now Martina Number 7 and Svetlana number 8.

Henin-Hardenne Janurary 2003: If I play to my best, the results will come

2 Grandslams and more tournaments then you can shake a stick at later........

anymore you can think of?

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Monica : "If it (the foot) continues to hurt, I won't be able to play." :sad: It hurts, she can't play.

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
Monica : "If it (the foot) continues to hurt, I won't be able to play." :sad: It hurts, she can't play.

She will be back next year, do a semi-final run in all grandslams, win 6 others and retire at number 3 in the world :)

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:05 PM
These arenīt for 2003, but still came true:

Venus Williams in ī98: " My biggest rival will be my little sister." Donīt look now, but serena is the person was beaten the most times at a GS.

Venus williams inī98:"Our goal is to be ranked no.1 and no.2. In the long run I canīt imagine someone being better than us who could stop us from doing that." They ended up being no.1 and no.2 for nearly NINE months. Not bad.

Richard Williams: " Venus has much pride and thus will become no.1 first, but Serena will end up being the better of the two. Sheīs meaner." Serena has won all four slams, beating Venus in 5 finals, had a much much longer run at the no.1 rank.

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:09 PM
These arenīt for 2003, but still came true:

Venus Williams in ī98: " My biggest rival will be my little sister." Donīt look now, but serena is the person was beaten the most times at a GS.

Venus williams inī98:"Our goal is to be ranked no.1 and no.2. In the long run I canīt imagine someone being better than us who could stop us from doing that." They ended up being no.1 and no.2 for nearly NINE months. Not bad.

Richard Williams: " Venus has much pride and thus will become no.1 first, but Serena will end up being the better of the two. Sheīs meaner." Serena has won all four slams, beating Venus in 5 finals, had a much much longer run at the no.1 rank.

Nothing wrong with those and all were very truthful, but yeah, looking for quotes from this year :)

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:10 PM
She will be back next year, do a semi-final run in all grandslams, win 6 others and retire at number 3 in the world :)
Pffftttt #3? And only SFs? Pffftt. :d
I just hope she gets to play in the Olympics, which is her goal.

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:11 PM
Pffftttt #3? And only SFs? Pffftt. :d
I just hope she gets to play in the Olympics, which is her goal.

Navratilova's too I believe, what a ending for both :)

AjdeNate!
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:13 PM
I would so love to be in Athens if they both could end there with medals. I get all misty just thinking about it. ;)

bandabou
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:18 PM
Nothing wrong with those and all were very truthful, but yeah, looking for quotes from this year :)

O.k. dan....Martina N saying look for the two-Belgians in the finals of the French.

Frongie
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:21 PM
Start of 2001: "My goal is to finish No 1 at the end of the year and I believe I can do it."

A.Mauresmo :haha: :haha:

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:25 PM
O.k. dan....Martina N saying look for the two-Belgians in the finals of the French.

Wow, didn't know she said that but...... :worship:

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:32 PM
Navratilova on reaching the US Open Final: I feel Like a kid again

After the Final: And I played like a kid :D :D ;) :worship: