3. Bullfighting

4. Professional boxing

5. PGA Tour

6. PGA Seniors

7. LPGA Tour

8. NASCAR

9. Major League Soccer

10. ATP Men's Tennis

We really don't like dog fighting. Fully 81 percent of those polled said they hate it. Some hate pro wrestling so much, they argue it isn't even a sport. Weirdly, those who like it cite the same reasons for their enjoyment as the more than 50 percent who hate it cite for their dislike: It's farcical and trashy. Lest you think you're the only one who cringes when you see the antics of Mike Tyson and Don King, you're not. Almost one-third of the public is cringing along with you, making pro boxing the fourth most hated spectator sport. Sensing a theme here? The violence associated with the first four sports is why so many people--especially women--hate them, notes AP.
But why do we hate golf, NASCAR, soccer, and tennis? It's a class thing. Golf is perceived as something for upper class whites, although Tiger Woods has done wonders to make the sport more appealing for people of color. Meanwhile, the poll indicates that NASCAR is viewed as a sport for Southern, blue collar, white men. Major league soccer is just too foreign, and men's tennis lacks star appeal and big rivalries.

So you must think the professional sports we love to watch the most are football, baseball, and basketball? You'd be right if you only chose football. No. 11 on this list of most hated sports is the National Basketball Association. And No. 12 is Major League Baseball.

Venus Forever
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:59 AM
:eek: :eek:

Thank God the ladies didn't make the list. :)

LeonHart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:19 AM
WTA has more rivalries and more star appeal than ATP. Also, ATP has players like Roddick that just serves their way into victory, kinda boring ya think?

TennisHack
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:32 AM
ATP has players like Roddick that just serves their way into victory, kinda boring ya think?

Well, that's what you'd think, considering all they show is Roddick.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:39 AM
The first three aren't sports.
Nascar and the PGA Tour are much more popular than tennis in the U.S.
So the list means nothing.

faboozadoo15
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:41 AM
well does that mean that we still can't enjoy it???

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:42 AM
If you want to enjoy that list, be my guest.

Scotso
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:43 AM
The ATP being on this doesn't mean it's less popular than the WTA. Quite the opposite in some cases... things that are more popular are often also more hated.

faboozadoo15
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:49 AM
i was just talking abt men's tennis, lol--- not ANY of the others...

starr
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:06 AM
WTA has more rivalries and more star appeal than ATP. Also, ATP has players like Roddick that just serves their way into victory, kinda boring ya think?

If players could just serve their way to victory, Poo, Norman, and Arthurs would be the top players on the tour. If you think men's tennis is all serve, you haven't been watching much of it. The men have longer rallies, and fewer unforced, and more variety of shot than do the ladies.

LeonHart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:46 AM
Roddick with what, 60 aces in a match at the US Open? Uhh..yeah :scared::hysteric:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:51 AM
the ladies would NEVER make the list. too much drama.

irma
Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:00 AM
actually imho men's tennis became more interesting now it's less serve, serve, serve with the exception of andy r ;)

it was worse a few years ago

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:06 AM
i like ATP as long as andy, nalby, andre and any HOT fellas are playing. i like the sucds face but i always want him to lose. dunno why.

TennisHack
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:23 PM
It should be noted (if you didn't see this thread in Non-Tennis, that is ;)) that this list is for the US only.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:35 PM
I would argue that NASCAR, and Golf aren't sports either, same for Horse Racing, bowling.

decemberlove
Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
i dont consider 1, 2, 3, and 8 sports.

i hate nascar, not cos of the class issue, but cos its fucking stupid to watch cars go round and round in circles.

boxing is the hardest and toughest sport out there... well mainstream one atleast. shame its got a bad name cos of all the fixed fights.