CoriaFan4ever
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:47 PM
How likely is it? ;)

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:02 PM
Very unlikely that Vera will beat Amelie so I say 25%

Knizzle
Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:11 PM
I think Mauresmo has the perfect game to beat Vera easily by attacking the net.

fammmmedspin
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:00 AM
Elena v Francesca could be a marathon of sprinting. Biggest challenge Elena has had yet.

Some up and coming players find a top player they can beat and build a habit from which they go on to beat other top players. (look at Huber and Martinez for a classic example)

Francesca has been flirting with beating a top 5 player all year and Elena might be interesting.

Vera might find Amelie interesting too. Wouldn't bet who has the most potential there.

Elena B is due a good run?

Ted of Teds Tennis
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:23 AM
Fammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmedspin wrote:

Francesca has been flirting with beating a top 5 player all year and Elena might be interesting.

Of course, Elena isn't Top 5 yet. :)

However, if she beats Mauresmo in the semifinal, she'll move up to #6. :eek:

LeonHart
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:53 AM
Vera will beat Amelie, but depends on how the other Russians will do ;)

Fantasy Season
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:56 AM
A decent chance...

I like Bovina over Anna on carpet. The result will be entirely up to Lena. If she doesn't make tons of errors, I think she'll pull through.

Myskina over Eleni... I think it won't even be close. Eleni's been struggling for a while.

Dementieva and Schiavone... this one could be tough. :sad: Franny is due for a win like this, and I'm still not sold that Alyona is playing that well lately.

Vera vs. Amelie... I hope Vera pulls it out. :)

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:15 AM
I think Vera against Amelie is the toughest one.
I haven't seen Elena D. play since her loss to Jennifer in NY. I don't know if she's playing better. But I think Elena D. will fight to keep her 9 match winning streak going.
Lena B. has a big shot.
Myskina is coming off a win over Justine.

AleOrtu
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:21 AM
Eleni will beat Myskina. Revenge for Bahia final.