PDA

View Full Version : It is official: Venus is not Mars

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
Australia thought long and hard about there campaign for 2004 and they chose 3 men and 2 women to highlight there campaign. Kim and Serena win the top spots for the ladies amongst derision by other media outlets. They chose to ignore Justine because she lacks "Selling power"

That was the host, 7

Channel 9, chose to go with Navatilova and Clijsters in the womens field.

Channel 10 went with Kim and Martina N and Martina H (coming over for committments)

67% found 7's campaign boring...cartoon or not

92% said they would buy a ticket because of Navratilova.

99.999999999999% wants a Hingis/Navratilova doubles combination

56% expect a Hingis return.

36% believe Justine Henin-hardenne will win the Australian open.

12% believe Serena can repeat

72% want Kim to win

Less then 1% believe in Venus to reach the Semi-finals.

Overall Serena, Kim and Martina N were the big sell pionts, followed by Justine and the "Russian Invasion"..Venus not mentioned at all

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:30 PM
omigod does this mean Monica is a Nobdy as well......

Omigod does this mean Anna K. is a nobody as well....

Omigod does this mean lindsay and jen are nobodies as well....

omigod does this mean the "russian invasion" is just a blob mass of indistinct blonde hair and no individual personality to speak of or sell...

:rolleyes:

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:32 PM
Oh thanks for this important observation. Do you feel better now? :rolleyes:

ys
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:33 PM
I am sure Venus is also "Nobody" on Mars.

great smash
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Oh thanks for this important observation. Do you feel better now? :rolleyes:

Don't get too upset by the thread title! I found the survey results rather interesting however

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
just relating the news, tough if you can not (or will not) take it :)

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:37 PM
:o

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:39 PM
:worship:
:drool: :hearts: :lol:

and you are right, I do deserve :worship:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:40 PM

Where was it in that news that Venus is a nobody. Didnt you came to that conclusion based on your limited sense of judgement?

Cybelle Darkholme
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:42 PM

are you really that clueless? Its not about the news its about your ridiculously biased thread title.

Also by your own reasoning monica, jen, and lindsay really must be the supreme nobody because they didnt even get a 1%.

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
:drool: :hearts: :lol:

and you are right, I do deserve :worship:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be judge of that one.... ;)

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:45 PM
...monica, jen, and lindsay really must be the supreme nobody...

Karolina is the Suprème Sprem.

Ballbuster
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
Hmmm.

In America - Australia is a nobody.....and on the whole Nobody really likes to play there.

Pete Sampras hated it. Agassi ignored them and in the future the Sistahs will be doing the same. That Slam gets in the way and should be done away with.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
Where was it in that news that Venus is a nobody. Didnt you came to that conclusion based on your limited sense of judgement?

For goodness sake if you are going to intelligently debate be, back yourself up with facts...Deny this:

My Case:

Venus is not wanted by any supporter of the Australian Open

Your Case:

Is that Martina N hitting up on that court??????

:angel:

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
For goodness sake if you are going to intelligently debate be, back yourself up with facts...Deny this:

My Case:

Venus is not wanted by any supporter of the Australian Open

Your Case:

Is that Martina N hitting up on that court??????

Maybe you did not understood what you posted and buddy stick it up :rolleyes:

MarcusRock
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:52 PM
Good thing nobody here took the bait.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:52 PM
are you really that clueless? Its not about the news its about your ridiculously biased thread title.

Also by your own reasoning monica, jen, and lindsay really must be the supreme nobody because they didnt even get a 1%.

Lindsay has never had a high profile here and jen neither, reguardless of her wins (couple of early losses sorted that). Monica is Loved, much in the same repect as Navratilova, pretty nice I think :)

I'm just not racist like you and can accept all the love :)

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:55 PM
Lindsay has never had a high profile here and jen neither, reguardless of her wins (couple of early losses sorted that). Monica is Loved, much in the same repect as Navratilova, pretty nice I think :)

I'm just not racist like you and can accept all the love :)

Oh my God, the moron threw in the "racist" word in here. Isnt it where your thread originated from? you damm bigot. Now fuck off!

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:59 PM
Oh my God, the moron threw in the "racist" word in here. Isnt it where your thread originated from? you damm bigot. Now fuck off!

Dear oh dear, I'm shocked by the hate...

Experimentee
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:01 PM
Where did you get this information from?
Dont post crap unless you can back it up with a link or two. I dont remember seeing anything like that in the news.

tennischick
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:02 PM
Good thing nobody here took the bait.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

slydevil6142
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:03 PM
I love when ppl just throw out fiqures like they mean something. So how exactly did these news stations get these results? Who did they survey? Did the sample survey accurtly reflect the population or did they have some kind of phone poll? In that case only those who really felt strongly about it would vote. I have a strong feeling these fiqures dont accurtly reflect the ENTIRE population... however I can assure Venus could care less

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:04 PM
Where did you get this information from?
Dont post crap unless you can back it up with a link or two. I dont remember seeing anything like that in the news.

You know where the links are :wavey:

Volcana
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:07 PM
You know where the links are :wavey:

Weak

lizchris
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:10 PM
I doubt that someone who has won 4 Grand Slams singles trophies is a nobody.

It also should be no surprise that the Williams sisters are not thought of highly in Australia and at the end of the day, I really don't think they care; they just want to win the trophy.

Ballbuster
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:10 PM
I'm offended by this Caption.

Instant Your momma is a Nobody!

there now I feel alot better.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
Weak

Dear, thats your posts, not mine.
I'd post them, but they are near. Don't you owe someone a major apology? Kim?..essay? Your word is not worth much is it?

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:14 PM
Ah,.... my daily dose of drama. I've stopped watching Soap Operas, I get my fix of sex, drama, and lewd and lacivious debuachery right here.

hinquit
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:14 PM
At least the Austrilian people consider their own tennis players as
nobody let alone Venus who is an American.

apoet29
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:15 PM
According to these poll results, Justine, Anna, Monica and the Russian invasion along with the rest of the tour are nobodies as well, but I see that you fail to mention that in your thread and use these results to slam Venus. That's pretty pathetic.

Let's look at this logically:

Serena is the defending champion and the winner of 6 slams, all within a year's time. Naturally, people will want to sell her as a slam winner.

Kim is loved in Australia because she is dating Hewitt and because Australia is desperate for a tennis player capable of winning a slam. Didn't they try and get her to become an Aussie citizen a couple of years ago? At this year's Aussie Open they called her "Our Kim," so it is no surprise to me that they would vote for her.

Martina Navratilova has become a favorite now that she is not dominating the tour as a singles player. Navratilova is now everyone's sentimental favorite. Ironically, the same attributes that have made her so popular now are the same attributes that made her so unpopular in her heyday.

Hingis was wildly popular in Australia. Her record Down Under speaks for itself, so it is no surprise to me that people want to see her back.

Your poll doesn't prove anything except your own bias against Venus.

MarcusRock
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:17 PM
Ah,.... my daily dose of drama. I've stopped watching Soap Operas, I get my fix of sex, drama, and lewd and lacivious debuachery right here.Yeah but there's no pictures or bar room brawls.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:17 PM
I'm offended by this Caption.

Instant Your momma is a Nobody!

there now I feel alot better.

I changed it, just for you :)

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:18 PM
Dear, thats your posts, not mine.
I'd post them, but they are near. Don't you owe someone a major apology? Kim?..essay? Your word is not worth much is it?

Weak are your posts, because when asked for the links you start making excuses. Congratulations, you ended up baiting some people here :rolleyes:

I just wasnt in the mood to let you post your infantile chirpings and go scotfree :cool:

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:18 PM
People keep calling Monica, Lindsay, etc nobody's as well. But my (realistic) question is.... were they even mentioned in the poll's question?

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah but there's no pictures or bar room brawls.
Sure there are... you just have to find them. ;)
:devil:

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:19 PM
According to these poll results, Justine, Anna, Monica and the Russian invasion along with the rest of the tour are nobodies as well, but I see that you fail to mention that in your thread and use these results to slam Venus. That's pretty pathetic.

Serena is the defending champion and the winner of 6 slams, all within a year's time. Naturally, people will want to sell her as a slam winner.

Kim is loved in Australia because she is dating Hewitt and because Australia is desperate for a tennis player capable of winning a slam. Didn't they try and get her to become an Aussie citizen a couple of years ago? At this year's Aussie Open they called her "Our Kim," so it is no surprise to me that they would vote for her.

Martina Navratilova has become a favorite now that she is not dominating the tour as a singles player. Navratilova is now everyone's sentimental favorite. Ironically, the same attributes that have made her so popular now are the same attributes that made her so unpopular in her heyday.

Hingis was wildly popular in Australia. Her record Down Under speaks for itself, so it is no surprise to me that people want to see her back.

LOL, look at your post man, you support me in half of it *yawn*

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:21 PM

Thanks for this post apoet. I wish I had such patience. Unfortunately, this will go over his head. You see, he is just consumed by his bias.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:21 PM
People keep calling Monica, Lindsay, etc nobody's as well. But my (realistic) question is.... were they even mentioned in the poll's question?

Pfft, course they were (not mentioned in the poll), did I not mention our love with Monica? :angel:

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:22 PM

cool bird
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
The way I see it people will rember you for your achivements. Not how many posters you where on at the end of the year.

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:24 PM
lol I like how this kind of thread generates 40 replies in less than one hour ;)

Cos it is full of shit

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:24 PM
Cos it is full of shit
Just like you.

j/k

apoet29
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
LOL, look at your post man, you support me in half of it *yawn*

No, I didn't. I was pointing out the possible reasons that the players you listed were popular in Australia. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of taking the bait of yet another board 'hater'. You have yet to provide any links or real proof that these results are from people polled in Australia and not your own feelings on the subject.

If you don't like Venus fine, there is no law saying that you have too. But you cannot come to this board and slam her as a nobody with no proof to back it up and then act surprised when you have pissed off some fans. Whether or not Venus is popular in Australia is really irrelevant. Whether or not she ever wins the Australia Open is relevant and that is what people should care about.

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Cos it is full of shit

You mean you are full of shit :angel:

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:26 PM
Just like you.

j/k

That would be it :angel:

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:27 PM
I don't have much time for anything substantial to write. So I just flirt, smile, and post some :angel: stuff.

Mase
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:27 PM
Wow another thread that makes me want to cheer 'Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!!'

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:28 PM
You mean you are full of shit :angel:

mmm..your so full of fun..gee you are just well..um..er a joke

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:28 PM
Jer-ry!! Jer-ry!!

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:29 PM

get yer clothes off slut...*cough*

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:36 PM
mmm..your so full of fun..gee you are just well..um..er a joke

The joke is you. You just managed to make a super asshole of yourself. Take the cue and crawl back to your hate-filled hole, until there is really something to slam Venus about :angel:

Instant
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:37 PM
The joke is you. You just managed to make a super asshole of yourself. Take the cue and crawl back to your hate-filled hole, until there is really something to slam Venus about :angel:

Lol, Venus Who?

servenrichie
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:42 PM
Lol, Venus Who?

Gee, look who started a thread about her. You are not so bright are you?

AjdeNate!
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:56 PM
get yer clothes off slut...*cough*
Pffftttt. *jealous*

Ballbuster
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:06 PM
I changed it, just for you :)

:kiss:

Mase
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:09 PM
Pffftttt. *jealous*

:devil:

Paneru
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:10 PM
Less then 1% believe in Venus to reach the Semi-finals.

..Venus not mentioned at all

Something tells me that
Venus doesn't give a rat's ass! :devil:

Underestimate Venus all you want!
However, watch what you say,
could come back to bite you in the ass! ;)

hingis-seles
Oct 2nd, 2003, 03:17 PM
Ah,.... my daily dose of drama. I've stopped watching Soap Operas, I get my fix of sex, drama, and lewd and lacivious debuachery right here.

Yeah Baby Yeah! :rocker:

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 01:59 AM
My pleasure Ballbuster.

Funny that the only ones that really took offence of this innocent thread are the very same ones that are cooing and kissing butt in every anti-white thread that Tee-rexx posts :angel:

Funny how volcana ran away as well. Doesn't he or she owe the whole board a rather long essay?

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 02:39 AM
My pleasure Ballbuster.

Funny that the only ones that really took offence of this thread are the very same ones that are cooing and kissing butt in every anti-white thread that Tee-rexx posts :angel:

Funny how volcana ran away as well. Doesn't he or she owe the whole board a rather long essay?

Instant, grow up already. T and V don't answer to anybody. Your caption said that Venus was a nobody. That was offensive to them since Venus is their fave. How would you like somebody call your fave a nobody? I don't believe Tee is anti-white, I believe he is pro Williams. Don't get it twisted.

Just because someone supports the Williams does not mean they are anti-white. Some of these Williams posters are white and from different ethnic backgrounds and some of these black posters get down with white people, (me not included).

Rocketta
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:21 AM
Some of these Williams posters are white and from different ethnic backgrounds and some of these black posters get down with white people, (me not included).

Ok, I'm going to be honest and this sentence literally made me :haha:

MisterQ
Oct 3rd, 2003, 03:38 AM
Hmmm.

In America - Australia is a nobody.....and on the whole Nobody really likes to play there.

Pete Sampras hated it. Agassi ignored them and in the future the Sistahs will be doing the same. That Slam gets in the way and should be done away with.

Agassi won half his Slams in Australia (beating Pete twice there). If he hadn't skipped the AO in the first half of his career, he might be in double digits now...

Another American who loves Australia is Jennifer Capriati.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:40 AM
If Venus is a nobody with an AO finals appearance, then what does that my Kim(you know, the one with no AO finals appearance who blew a 5-1 lead in the third set of the semis)? Damn, with results like that I'd take being a nobody who makes it to the finals over being a somebody who doesn't.

slice
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
tho venus may not be mars, they have still yet to prove she doesnt come from it :haha:

Instant
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:33 AM
Instant, grow up already. T and V don't answer to anybody. Your caption said that Venus was a nobody. That was offensive to them since Venus is their fave. How would you like somebody call your fave a nobody? I don't believe Tee is anti-white, I believe he is pro Williams. Don't get it twisted.

Just because someone supports the Williams does not mean they are anti-white. Some of these Williams posters are white and from different ethnic backgrounds and some of these black posters get down with white people, (me not included).

Ballbuster, after reading the countless threads of Tee-rexx and Dawn Marie I am convinced they are the biggest racists on this board. Both have proven they are by there constant attacks on anything that isn't black.

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
Agassi won half his Slams in Australia (beating Pete twice there). If he hadn't skipped the AO in the first half of his career, he might be in double digits now...

Another American who loves Australia is Jennifer Capriati.

Why are you mentioning them to me. These are not my faves. I could care less about them.

Ballbuster
Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:50 PM
Ballbuster, after reading the countless threads of Tee-rexx and Dawn Marie I am convinced they are the biggest racists on this board. Both have proven they are by there constant attacks on anything that isn't black.

Not true! They are pro black. You are getting it twisted. Just because I watch BET does not mean I do not like HBO (although, HBO stands for Home Boys Organization). People of color needs to see their own kind succeed. We have been watching white people excell all of our lives. Quite frankly, I'm bored by all that, unless of course they have some personality, i.e., Eminem.

*JR*
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:58 PM
tho venus may not be mars, they have still yet to prove she doesnt come from it :haha:
Still way better than you, who talks through Uranus! :lol: