PDA

View Full Version : question re video on website

switz
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:00 AM
hi everyone. i was wondering if anyone could help me. i have a mac ibook and i wanted to know if anyone knew whether you can view the telecast on it. i have mediaplayer, but i don't know if the requirements are not consistant with a mac platform. i watched it for a while on my mates pc, and although he has a cable modem, it didn't flow consistantly on the bigger picture

somebody help me!! i need to watch patty's match with the best possible picture. we patty fans get to see her so rarely, and i can't let this opportunity slip by!! help me! help me!! i'm going to have a stroke

Knizzle
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:04 AM
hi everyone. i was wondering if anyone could help me. i have a mac ibook and i wanted to know if anyone knew whether you can view the telecast on it. i have mediaplayer, but i don't know if the requirements are not consistant with a mac platform. i watched it for a while on my mates pc, and although he has a cable modem, it didn't flow consistantly on the bigger picture

somebody help me!! i need to watch patty's match with the best possible picture. we patty fans get to see her so rarely, and i can't let this opportunity slip by!! help me! help me!! i'm going to have a stroke

The reason it didn't flow properly is just data transfer. Mine sometimes stopped for about 15 seconds, but at other times it would play for 30 minutes without stopping.

Jeff
Sep 30th, 2003, 08:07 AM
The broadband is set at 256k for the video. The original size of the video is not big, and therefore that is why it does not appear as clearly when you switch to the bigger picture.

Bella
Sep 30th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Did you switch to the 256k choice? I think it defaults to 56k. Click on 256k to be sure. Just because you're on a cable modem doesn't mean the browser will default to the faster speed.

Sorry about Patty…again.