PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Lina K./ Lena D/ will try their best to use the slight chance...

tenn_ace
Sep 27th, 2003, 05:34 PM
... they got to qualify for LA doubles?

with Kim is injured, nobody knows what is going to happen to her (whether she'll continue playing this year or not)

Lina K./Lena are behind Huber/Maleeva (by 557 points), Vento Kabchi/Widjaja (by 192 points) and Williams (by 31 point)...

it's stil not out of the questions if they play well in 2 Tier 1 tournaments 9Moscow and Zurich)... question is whether they will do everything to qualify or whether they gave up...

ys
Sep 27th, 2003, 07:02 PM
I do not think it is worth any focus for them. Lina had a good season, managed to rebuild her rankings, reached first career fina. Alyona is having her breakthrough year, has a a good shot at Top 5 by year end, could be instrumental in Russia winning its first Fed Cup, and has played a hell of a lot of tennis this year. I do not think that it would be worth an extra effort.

the cat
Oct 13th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Elena has played too much tennis as it is this year. And I do not want her to use her energy concentrating on doubles at this point. Although she has become a good doubles player and she and Lina K. are a good doubles team. :) Just ask the Williams sisters who Elena and Lina defeated at Wimbledon. :D

DEETHELICK
Oct 13th, 2003, 12:19 PM
No way! I don't think doubles is much of a focus for either of them in regards to the YEC.

Elena needs as much rest as possible and should only play singles whenever possible (altho playing with Vera this week is a good idea for Fed Cup and all).

Lina too needs to work more on singles. After the Canadian Open, she kinda fizzled out (esp at USO) and hopefully she can work hard to crack at least Top 20 next year!

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 13th, 2003, 01:21 PM
this was an old thread bumped up.
they have no chance now
as Lina only plays Linz, which ELena isnt entered for (she's in LUX)

Lina's feeling the effects of no off season last yr :sad: