PDA

View Full Version : Cheering thread for Magüi Serna!

MS
Sep 24th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Hi,

after a bad start of the indoors season, let's hope that things go beter next week because she hsa points to defend here.

She should play the qualifying, but I think she is the first player to enter the main draw if someone withdraws..and someone has withdrawn, so I think she’ll avoid the qualifying, but we have to wait to see the draw.

Good luck to Magüi in singles and doubles

¡¡VAMOS!!

BTW, keep voting here….http://heroes.sanex.net/us/

Caz
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
:wavey: everyone!! I'm back from climbing mountains, exploring caves, visiting palaces and cathedrals, and being persuaded to teach my friends 16-18 year old English students (as well as help out in a few other English classes), in Poland.

I'd like to say a big thank-you to pdm1987 for keeping me updated with Magui's draw news and :rolleyes: results (less said the better!) in Leipzig! :worship: Thanks to him I was able to practise my :banghead: for our 2008 Olympic team from a far! ;) :p

Let's hope Magui makes it directly to the main draw in Moscow, gets a good draw, (in singles and doubles), and manages to win a few rounds get some all important points. She's so close to finally making the top 20 this year, if only she could win a few rounds somewhere.

Vamos Magui!! :bounce:

And finally, as MS says, don't forget to vote for Magui in the Sanex Heros vote! :D

Pdm1987
Sep 24th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Caz, you are very welcome :) Anytime you want me to send you results, just ask :)

Hopefully, Magui will win a couple of rounds and there will be no need for :banghead: ;) It does get tiresome after a bit ;)

Seems like you had a great time Caz :D It must be a great place to visit :)

MS
Sep 26th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Magüi will finally avoid the qualifying round because 5 players! have withdrawn. I don't know if this is good or bad news, because maybe a little bit practice would haven been better ;)

Let's hope she had a good draw, althouh this is difficult in tournaments like this.

The Guilty
Sep 26th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Vamos Magui! :banana:

Caz
Sep 26th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Magüi will finally avoid the qualifying round because 5 players! have withdrawn. I don't know if this is good or bad news, because maybe a little bit practice would haven been better ;)

Let's hope she had a good draw, althouh this is difficult in tournaments like this.

MS - I still remember when I said, "oh well, at least the qualifying will give her more practice", when Magui had to play Eastbourne qualifying...and look what happened - Amanda Janes!! ;) So, all-in-all, I think it's good news she made the main draw!! ;)

Hopefully she'll get a good draw, although this is a tier 1 the draw isn't as strong as it could be, and will manage to win at least one round here.

I hope she plays on Monday 'cos I'm moving down to Exeter Uni. on Tuesday and I don't know how long it will take me to set up an internet connection there. Also, my parents can't drive my TV down to me until the following weekend! *sigh* :(

Vamos Magui!! :D

Sonf@
Sep 26th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Magui will win the tournament :cool: ;)

MS
Sep 28th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Magüi's draw is tough, having to play Silvia Farina in the first round...

GOOD LUCK!

LRWTT
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:41 PM
4-Anastasia Myskina bye
Magui Serna vs Silvia Farina Elia
Q vs Elena Likhovtseva
Eleni Daniilidou vs 8-Meghann Shaughnessy

It could be worse ;) Hopefully Magui will be able to win at least 1 round, and we won't have to :banghead: :banghead: :p

Good luck Magui :D & in doubles :) A round is winnable there as well ;)

@ Caz: Amanda Janes is a fantastic player, and you shouldn't be too disappointed that she beat Magui ;). Amanda will soon be seeded in Grand Slams ;) :lol:

Caz
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Definately could have been worse. One round at least should be winnable. Best of luck! Vamos Magui!! :D

@ Caz: Amanda Janes is a fantastic player, and you shouldn't be too disappointed that she beat Magui ;). Amanda will soon be seeded in Grand Slams ;) :lol:

:haha: But I can assure you we weren't laughing at the time!! ;) We wouldn't have dared, the mood Magui was in that day she might actually have killed us!! :p

MS
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:17 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

After the first set I thought Magüi would lose, and I had to leave with 3-2 for Magüi in the second set. I'm so happy after seeing the final score!! 2-6 6-3 6-2!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Myskina next. More than dangerous after her title in Leipzig ;). But I always have hope.

Jorn
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Hola :wavey: I'm back!! I still have some problems post here from home. :banghead: Hope we don't have to use banghead's this week. ;)

Well done Magüi, good luck agaist Myskina!! also good luck in dubs!!

I saw Magui's match in Leipzig and also saw her train, hope to get my pics in a few days.

MS
Sep 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM
:haha: But I can assure you we weren't laughing at the time!! ;) We wouldn't have dared, the mood Magui was in that day she might actually have killed us!! :p

Magüi has't killed a fan 'yet', but who knows?. This day might come :rolleyes: :p

Jorn, nice to see you here again. It's always a problem to take pics indoors.

Caz
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Well done to Magui!! I don't know if I'll have any more internet access for a while after today and I definately won't have access to a TV until the weekend, so best of luck in advance to Magui against Myskina and for the doubles.

Pdm1987 - I don't suppose you would be kind enough to text me her results for the remainder of the tourney would you?!? My internet access should be sorted out OK, at the very least using the uni. comps., by the end of the week. I will repay you the favour one day! ;)

Magüi has't killed a fan 'yet', but who knows?. This day might come :rolleyes: :p

lol!! Who knows indeed?!? ;) She did actually demand and receive silence and stillness from the entire crowd from about mid-way in the first set that day though! We honestly hardly dared whisper during that match!!! :eek: :p

:topic: Speaking of such things, did we ever tell you about a funny moment concerning Conchita at Wimbledon? She was playing a doubles match on an outside court, (and these courts are laid out in such a way that people have to walk around the courts to access the courts further back), and some people were walking past the court in the middle of a game, (which, really, is nothing out of the ordinary, given the lay out of the courts), so Conchita turns round and shouts at them words to the effect of "Will you STOP moving!" and the people just stopped dead still, the instant she shouted at them, and didn't move again until the end of the game!!! ;) :lol:

propi
Sep 29th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Magüi :fiery: :banghead: :bigcry:

Oops, she won, sorry, it's the habit :p
Magüi :bounce: congrats, good luck against Myskina, if you beat her, tasty bonus points will do fine in your ranking :lick:

Manu79
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Welld done Magüi!! :D

Good luck against Nastya; you need it ;)

Pdm1987
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Pdm1987 - I don't suppose you would be kind enough to text me her results for the remainder of the tourney would you?!? My internet access should be sorted out OK, at the very least using the uni. comps., by the end of the week. I will repay you the favour one day! ;)

Yes I'll send you results when I know them :) lets hope Magui can win a few more rounds, and get into the Top 20 ;) Does anyone know how far off #20 she is?

Good Luck in the next round Magui :D

Daniel
Sep 29th, 2003, 05:15 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

Sonf@
Oct 1st, 2003, 01:13 AM
Lots of players are falling down in the rankings, Amanda, Maleeva, maybe Bovina, many ones. Who knows? Magui could be nearer of the top 20 than what we expected.

Bette_Midler
Oct 1st, 2003, 02:39 AM
vamos maria luisa vamos

MS
Oct 1st, 2003, 10:47 AM
She is not that far, but not that near, a win tomorrow would be great for that goal, some players are falling, but there are many players with more or less the same points. We'll have to wait.

Pdm1987
Oct 1st, 2003, 04:25 PM
Rankings :)

11: Maleeva 1685 pts - 482 pts = 1203 pts
------------------------------------
18: Coetzer 1410 pts - 180 pts = 1230 pts
19: Shaughnessy 1373 pts - 73pts = 1300 pts
------------------------------------
23: Dechy 1230 pts - 107 pts = 1123 pts
24: Serna 1213.50 pts - 78 pts = 1135.5 pts

Magui needs to overtake 4 players, with the 4 above (Maleeva, Shaughnessy, Coetzer & Dechy) been the most likely for Magui to overtake :) She can easily overtake Dechy :) Will need to beat Myskina to get anywhere near Maleeva & Coetzer, and then wins after that would get her closer to Shughnessy!

It's going to be tough but Magui can do it ;)

MS
Oct 1st, 2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the points!
BTW, don't forget!. Magüi's match will be tomorrow LIVE on Eurosport at 13 h my time. A shame I will be working and can't see it live :sad: :sad: :sad:

MS
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:44 PM
Pfff, clear defeat :sad: :sad: