PDA

View Full Version : Elena Dementieva Cheering Thread

wtaworld
Sep 21st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Come on Elena and win this title as well. It will be great for you to win the home title and continue to climb in the rankings.. Tier III, Tier II and now Tier I. :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :wavey: ;)

wtaworld
Sep 26th, 2003, 09:06 PM
I was checking the history of Elena's past 2 years at this tournament and I forgot that she had reached the finals in 2001. She lost to Jelena Dokic 3/6, 3/6. In 2002, she lost quite early to Elena Bovina 6/2 6/7(1) 3/6. I think Elena can make it to the finals again this year and at the level that she is playing at, should win this tournament. I hope her energy last as she did say that in Shanghi she was a bit fatigued. I think the hot weather drains her energy alot. I hope that elena is in her best form yet and that she can harness her entire game and bring it to the tournament for the beginning of a great indoor run. has anyone seen any news about what she is doing right now? If you come across any news articles, please post the links and we all want to find new sources of info about Elena. All the best to Elena :)

Roxers
Sep 27th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Best of Luck Elena :bigclap:

Dava
Sep 27th, 2003, 10:41 PM
I dont know why, but I have a feeling about this event all year, and Elena winning it, I dont want to jinx her, but I feel a Russian winning this, and I feel it to be her.

Sorry its just me.. LOL

Knizzle
Sep 28th, 2003, 02:18 AM
For what it's worth, I think Dementieva will win this title. With the way she is playing and the unpredictability of Mauresmo, I think Elena will win.

* Princess *
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:41 AM
I was checking the history of Elena's past 2 years at this tournament and I forgot that she had reached the finals in 2001. She lost to Jelena Dokic 3/6, 3/6. In 2002, she lost quite early to Elena Bovina 6/2 6/7(1) 3/6. I think Elena can make it to the finals again this year and at the level that she is playing at, should win this tournament. I hope her energy last as she did say that in Shanghi she was a bit fatigued. I think the hot weather drains her energy alot. I hope that elena is in her best form yet and that she can harness her entire game and bring it to the tournament for the beginning of a great indoor run. has anyone seen any news about what she is doing right now? If you come across any news articles, please post the links and we all want to find new sources of info about Elena. All the best to Elena :)
Yes, that's because Bovina is better than Dementieva.

I'm glad Elena D. got her titles now, because Elena B. is back, and she's ready to start losing in the 1st round again.

ys
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Yes, that's because Bovina is better than Dementieva.

Where is she better than Dementieva? Not on tennis court, definitely.

I'm glad Elena D. got her titles now, because Elena B. is back, and she's ready to start losing in the 1st round again.

Unfortunately, as you said, Elena B. is always ready to do that.

* Princess *
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Where is she better than Dementieva? Not on tennis court, definitely.

Unfortunately, as you said, Elena B. is always ready to do that.
Please be nice to Elena Bovina.

ys
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Please be nice to Elena Bovina.

I am nice to her, and to you, don't you agree?

* Princess *
Sep 28th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Don't agree with me that she'll lose 1st round.

I can say that because I adore her.

Maybe she'll have a lucky match with her stupid tactics, and win. :)

DEETHELICK
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Good luck Elena, although with Jen's addition to the draw this could be trickier than we thought.

As long as its a Jen-Elena final, I'm happy (altho a teeny bit of me wants Elena to win more, just cause its in Russia).

wtaworld
Sep 28th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Here is some interesting info about Elena from a 2000 russian article.....

Olympic Silver medallist Yelena Dementieva is one of Russia's top young tennis stars expected as a participant in the Kremlin Cup tournament. A beautiful and tall 19-year old Muscovite, she has been a professional for two years. Her great performance in Sidney brought her the Silver Medal for the women's singles after yielding only to America's Venus Williams.

Dementieva first touched a tennis racket at 7 when she played with her mother and at school. Since then she has come a long way, especially considering that Russia, only until recently, ranked tennis as a major sport. Her steady climb to the top began in 1996 and then, three years later, while still ranking 108th, she defeated the world's 35th Sarah Pitkowski and reached her first semifinal on the WTA Tour at Palermo, Italy. It was a victory that got her into the Top 100. In the same year she also qualified for the Australian Open and then won her first round before yielding to the then No. 2 Martina Hingis.

Demetieva entered her first Tier I semifinal this year at Indian Wells 2000. She had wins over Anke Huber, Nathalie Dechy and Chanda Rubin. Her world ranking broke into the world's top 50 for the first time at No. 39. Since then it has been steadily moving upwards and she is now ranked No. 17.

In this year's Australian Open, she reached the third round before falling in three sets to ninth seed Julie Halard-Decugis.

Interestingly enough, in 1999, Demetieva scored Russia's only point in the Federal Cup final against the United States to defeat the then world's No. 3, Venus Williams, who then took away the Gold Medal from Dementieva in Sidney this year.

Dementieva, who graduated from a language high school after specializing in French studies in 1998 (the year she turned professional), comes from a tennis-loving family. Her mom, who is a teacher, now always travels with her, partly because Dementieva is superstitious that her mom has to wish her luck before every match. Apart from playing tennis, Dementieva likes playing chess and skiing. She most admires Martina Hingis, because she thinks that Hingis is "smart" – her tennis is like a game of chess.

When I read things like this, it makes me wonder where Elena might be in the rankings right now, if she hadn't had that very bad foot injury in 2001. Elena was playing better than Kim & Justine and I think she was ranked higher than they were. Too bad Elena has lost 2 years of her tennis and is only now recapturing that 1999-2000 spirit. I hope she wins this tournament and really establishes herself as the true top 10 player that she was even back then. I am looking for Elena to get to number 7 or even number 6 by the years end. :)

j_dementieva27
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:03 PM
elena has a CLEAR path to the semi's:

5) 17 Maleeva Magdalena BUL
WC 18 Safina Dinara RUS

19 Schiavone Francesca ITA
20 Krasnoroutskaya Lina RUS

21 Q
22 Q

23 BYE
(3) 24 Dementieva Elena RUS

2nd round: Qualifier
Quarterfinals: either krasnoroutskaya or safina [NOT MALEEVA]
Semifinals: Mauresmo
Finals: Capriati?

i can see elena taking this title if she continues her good form... that will launch her into a probable top 7 place and SURELY into the year-end championships

* Princess *
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Don't be so sure about Maggie... she loves indoors.

wtaworld
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Yes, I agree j_dementieva27. Elena should definantly make the semis, and depending on her energy level against possibly Momo, she should make the finals. Personally, I would like to see her play Myskina in the finals. I would love an all Russian final at this tournament, the crowd would go nuts :lol:

gmak
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:21 PM
alyona has a very good chance :drool: :hearts:

in fact there are so many of my faves playing here :D

but i'd love to see alyona get that title in front of her fans :smooch: :hug: :rocker:

gmak
Sep 28th, 2003, 04:31 PM
bump ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Udachi Alyona :D :bounce:

She has a great chance to win her third straight tournament here :D :hearts:

bubble
Sep 28th, 2003, 11:41 PM
All the best Elena :angel:

DEETHELICK
Sep 29th, 2003, 01:47 PM
I read on Larson's preview that if Elena goes deepr than Momo, then she will be No. 7 AND if she wins the whole damn thing she will be ranked at No. 6!

What a great incentive to win for Elena! C'mon girl! :)

Daniel
Sep 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

tall paul
Sep 30th, 2003, 01:08 AM
all the best to you my tall blonde fox.!!!!!!!

j_dementieva27
Sep 30th, 2003, 02:29 AM
if elena can take the number six spot this week, ill shit myself...

COME ON ALYONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU WIN THAT THIRD STRAIGHT TITLE AND BECOME RUSSIA'S FIRST TIER I WINNER!!!!

Daniel
Sep 30th, 2003, 04:39 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

JLDementieva
Oct 1st, 2003, 01:57 AM
Good Luck Elena!!! Win this Title!!!!

DEETHELICK
Oct 1st, 2003, 06:53 PM
Kostanic tomorrow, but I believe in Elena. Just adapt quickly and take this match! :)

AKTW
Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:56 PM
Elena won 6-2 6-3 :bounce:
Good luck against Schiavone tomorrow! :) :)

KV
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:00 PM
Think she'll beat Schiavone. GO Alyona

DEETHELICK
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:07 PM
Good luck Elena, Schiavone is a tough player, but if Elena plays similar to how she did today, she should be fine! :)

Just don't underestimate her and power that forehand! :)

Daniel
Oct 2nd, 2003, 06:38 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

JLDementieva
Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:12 PM
Congrats on the win Elena!! :bounce:
good luck against Schiavone!! You can do it!!!

DEETHELICK
Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:03 PM
Well done today Elena, but a tough challenge ahead against Mauresmo!

But I believe in ya girl, just repeat that Toronto magic and get this win!!! :D

Daniel
Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:08 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Jakub
Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:32 PM
go ALYONA !!

saab95
Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
Dementieva prefers just LENA
http://linastar.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=article&id_razdel=31966&id_article=43454

AKTW
Oct 4th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Good luck Elena! :)
Win in straight sets this time! ;)

bubble
Oct 4th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Go eLena!

Go for your third straight final!

jlamire
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Well done today Elena, but a tough challenge ahead against Mauresmo!

But I believe in ya girl, just repeat that Toronto magic and get this win!!! :D

In your dream...;) I don't see Amelie losing twice in a row against Elena. She's definitely a better player. Maybe in a few months it will be different, don't know though.

JER53
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Good luck, Elenka! :)

JLDementieva
Oct 4th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Go Elena, you can do it! :bounce:

JER53
Oct 4th, 2003, 10:23 AM
:bigcry: