PDA

View Full Version : Justine's progression made in Florida

pigam
Sep 12th, 2003, 12:14 PM
C. Rodriguez and P. Etcheberry are sick of the doping insinuations and reveal Justine's trainingprogram.

The secret of Florida...

period
Six weeks in november-december 2002, every day. Throughout the season her physical condition is maintained by sessions of 45 minutes a day.

plan for the day
In the morning: one hour of physical training, one and a half hour of tennistraining
In the afternoon: idem

physical training
Endurance: 15 x 200m each time with a pauze of 45 seconds, on 85% of her maximumcapacity. Interval: 6x20m, 5x50m, 4x100m, 2x400m
Stomach and backmuscles: Streching forwards and backwards with a powerball (2kg) between feet or legs,4 times a week. Bouncing a powerball against a wall and catching it sitting, leaning backwards
Legmuscles: Sprinting and tennissing (without tennisball) with an elastic band around the waist; jumping on and off a bench (series of 8)

Progression
Before training with Pat Etcheberry:
200m: 41 seconds
400m: 1min30
bench: knee-height
Now:
200m: 35 seconds
400m:1min16
bench: hip-height

secret
The intensity. Variating different musclegroups for one hour without a break. exemple: While legmuscles are resting, stomachmuscles are being trained

growmargin
next year: 30-40% !!!

OMG!! I'm tired only by reading this. :) That is hard work, all year long!! I doubt if many other players are working this hard. Glad to see Justine is rewarded. This is why her physique has changed. I would say: in your face Mr. Dewulf ;)

fleemke³
Sep 12th, 2003, 12:26 PM
:worship:

greg²
Sep 12th, 2003, 08:08 PM
that's all :eek: I mean: damn, it doesn't surprise me she was crying during practice...
still 30 to 40 % ... my god: serena and venus: start your engines!

cynicole
Sep 12th, 2003, 09:17 PM
that's all :eek: I mean: damn, it doesn't surprise me she was crying during practice...

I find myself crying just reading it! :o

Hingiswinsthis
Sep 13th, 2003, 12:28 AM
incredible determination Justine....she's made the sacrifice to be the best... :worship:

Martian KC
Sep 14th, 2003, 12:06 AM
I find myself crying just reading it! :o

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

theheninfan
Sep 14th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Goodness! GO JUSTINE! That's all I have to say! Oh..and---> :worship: !!! :D

Lady
Sep 14th, 2003, 03:04 PM
OMG!! :eek: What a determination!! :worship:
I'm so glad that she is rewarded now :D :kiss:

greg²
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:37 AM
We want a Justine-slam :bounce: We want a justine-slam :bounce:

cynicole
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:00 PM
We want a Justine-slam :bounce: We want a justine-slam :bounce:

No. There's already a name for what we want Justine to win next year: The Golden Slam.