6) READ MY LIPS - SOPHIE ELLIS BEXTOR
7) SWING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING - ROBBIE WILLIAMS
8) NO ANGEL - DIDO
9) AALIYAH - AALIYAH
10) YOUR NEW FAVOURITE BAND - HIVES

:bounce:

Kisha
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:25 PM
i have never seen so much crap in my life. (thats not including Pink, Ja, Mary J and Christina.

GO AALIYAH!!! should be #1!

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:26 PM
The UK has some great artists like Beverley Knight and Alisha's Attic, but they rarely ever make the top 10 of the charts :(

Kisha
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:30 PM
Vanity - you are so right. Beverley Knight better get at least top 15 with her new single or there will be trouble!

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:37 PM
I didn't even know she had a new single out until I was talking with someone on MSN and they mentioned it :o Here in Canada, we are deprived of a lot of things!
I was told "Get Up" only got to #17 or something... if that's true, that's rotten! Such a catchy and innovative song deserved better. I do think "Shoulda Coulda Woulda" will do better, since it's alot more mainstream than "Get Up"!
I have the album 'Who I Am' on pre-order... can't wait to get it! :D
Glad to see some other BK fans here :)

Princess Fiona
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:41 PM
... for all UK posters. I believe the, oooooh, marvellous Depeche Mode single "Goodnight Lovers" (from the equally marvellous album "Exciter") is released next week (though I should check!). Nono, it's okay, you don't have to thank me! ;)

shirley
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Vanity
The UK has some great artists like Beverley Knight and Alisha's Attic, but they rarely ever make the top 10 of the charts :(

Alisha's Attic are a class act. I am a big fan :)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:43 PM
YAY!! Good to see an AA fan here :)
It's too bad they got dropped!!!! :(
I know they have released some independent cd consisting of songs from the "vaults" recently!

veryborednow
Feb 4th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I loved Alisha's Attic!!!

And i fu<king love Puretone - 'Addicted To Bass' - full volume bass tuned up ... WOO HOO!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thefreedesigner
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Wow, an Alisha's Attic love-in. 'Push It All Aside' (the last hit I remember them having in......2001 was a fab pop tune).

Anyway what I came in this thread to say was... Yay to The Hives for being #10 in the album charts! A more nicely turned out set off young gentleman you couldn't hope to find!

Yay for Mary too! :)

sartrista7
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:29 PM
oh, crap crap crap.

Pink, Britney, Puretone and Christina Milian are passable but let's face it, I'm not exactly rushing out to purchase them. I guess I should be happy that the Chemical Brothers, the Hives and Aaliyah are in the album top 10 but 1) the Chemicals' new album is distinctly patchy, and they were always overrated anyway; 2) the Hives are the New York Dolls - make it stop now!; 3) Aaliyah's album was perfect - some great tracks, but too much filler.

Ignore the charts. Then you won't get depressed.

Princess Fiona
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Is it worth getting The Hives album? I have that song stuck in my head constantly!

thefreedesigner
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Franziska, it's out at 'nice price' so I'd go for it.

A friend of mine has it so I don't actually own it yet, and I'm not a fully paid-up member of their appreciation society yet (it's just nice to see some non-bollocks in the charts!)

btw have got the Sing-Sing album yet? (not that I'm hassling you or anything! ;))

sartrista7
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:52 PM
I've only heard the Hives single twice (have to admit that the sycophantic bint Jo Whiley is good for some things) and I really don't like it. But then, I hated the Strokes too. My tip is to get it from HMV, see if you like it, and if you don't then take it back and claim that you got it for someone's birthday but they already have it.

:eek: someone else has heard of Sing-Sing? I got one of their singles - 'I'll Be' - in an indie shop for 50p and it's pretty cool. 'Tis the girl from Lush, right?

Princess Fiona
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks! I think I will get it (and the Sing-Sing album, too, of course!) - Amazon, here I come! (Hmm, we don't get HMV here. :p)

sartrista - Sing-Sing 'tis indeed Emma from (the v. much missed!) Lush. :)

sartrista7
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:03 PM
I actually have a Lush album, 'Lovelife' - and only yesterday rediscovered the joys of 'Ladykillers'. Miki Berenyi - goddess.

thefreedesigner
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:18 PM
The dearly demented (er, sorry, lamented) Lush.

I was listening to 'Ciao' the other day (Lovelife is probably the album I remember least fondly), and by jove! it's an excellent song. Just really simple with a gorgeous tune.

I can't speak that rationally about Lush though, 'cause it just turns into psychobabble.

Princess Fiona
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Ooooh, think "Lovelife" is my least fave Lush album too (though still excellent) - "I've Been Here Before" and "Olympia" are my songs of choice. I preferred the earlier, more ethereal stuff (am I the only person to actually like the "shoegazing" genre? :D).

How I miss that band!

anabel
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Welldone Enrique :wavey:

thefreedesigner
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Shoegazing. Ah, I was but a young cub then.

Ride, Chapterhouse, Slowdive, Cranes, Blur (inexplicably). Even Ocean Colour Scene were considered shoegazers.

I too love the 'ethereal' lush. In fact 'Etheriel' is probably - when push comes to shove - my favourite track.

Any way I have to lie down now. The stress has all been far too much for me.

Princess Fiona
Feb 4th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Why was the shoegazing movement so maligned, anyway? I don't know too much about all of the bands (I was v. young, too), but can the likes of Ride, Lush and Chapterhouse really be bettered? :D

I really don't know what my fave Lush song is - there are so many! I still listen to the early albums a lot. :)

Any way I have to lie down now. The stress has all been far too much for me.

Hmm, methinks I'd better lie down as well! ;)

sartrista7
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:02 PM
I'm far too young to remember the shoegazing period! I think, at the time, my fave band was 2 Unlimited... the shame, the shame :o