PDA

View Full Version : Cheering thread for Magüi Serna

MS
Sep 5th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Let's see how Magüi does during the indoor season and after some weeks of rest.

¡¡VAMOS MAGÜI!! :):)

LRWTT
Sep 5th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Good Luck Magui :D :D

I hope for a nice draw ;) (If Possible) and no :banghead: :p

Pdm1987
Sep 7th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Magui is currently 24th on the Sanex Hero vote :) So keep voting!!!! She needs everyone's votes ;)

Jorn
Sep 9th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Vamos Magüi!! :)

I will maybe goto Leipzig and support her ;)

MS
Sep 11th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Hi,

Jorn, I hope that you can go to Leipzig, she needs her fan's support! ;)

Pdm1987
Sep 16th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Magui has slipped down to 26th :( Which of course isn't good enough!!!

Please Vote for Magui ;) She needs all your votes!

Caz
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:34 PM
I will be in Poland from this Thursday till Tuesday, so I thought I'd write in here now to wish for a good draw for Magui and some good wins.

Best of luck!! Let's hope there'll be no need for :banghead: or paracetemol this coming week!! :p

ps. Pmd1987, if Magui plays before Tuesday eve. could you text me her result? I will have my phone with me in Poland! Also, could you text me if her match will be televised, so I can call home and ask my parents to record it?!?! Pretty please!! :D

Pdm1987
Sep 16th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I will be in Poland from this Thursday till Tuesday, so I thought I'd write in here now to wish for a good draw for Magui and some good wins.

Best of luck!! Let's hope there'll be no need for :banghead: or paracetemol this coming week!! :p

ps. Pmd1987, if Magui plays before Tuesday eve. could you text me her result? I will have my phone with me in Poland! Also, could you text me if her match will be televised, so I can call home and ask my parents to record it?!?! Pretty please!! :D

Of course Caz, I'll will definately send you a text, i'll write a reminder so i don't forget ;)

btw, What are you doing in Poland? Just being nosey :p

Pdm1987
Sep 16th, 2003, 10:27 PM
and are there any other players results you may be interested in, if so i'll text you those aswell :)

Caz
Sep 17th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Of course Caz, I'll will definately send you a text, i'll write a reminder so i don't forget ;)

btw, What are you doing in Poland? Just being nosey :p

Thanks!! You're a star!! :D Oh and since you are offering, if you want to text me Paola's results and Vivi's (if she does enter the qualifying) that would be great! Thanks loads!! :worship:

I'm going on holiday to Poland. I taught English in a small village there (about 1 1/2 hours drive south of Warsaw) during summer 2001 and I'm going back to visit some of the friends I made while I was there. :D I'll be taking my phrase book, dictionary, and verb book with me though, 'cos while my friends speak English, their parents don't speak a word of it and my Polish, whilst not being entirely non existent, is somewhat.....errrm...limited! ;)

MS
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Yeah, keep voting Magüi here!

http://heroes.sanex.net/us/herovote/index.php

;)

Let's hope that Magüi has a nice draw here (although I think we won't like it at all ;)). Draw done on Saturday. Caz, have fun in Poland!

Pdm1987
Sep 17th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Going to Poland on holiday sounds great :D I'd love to go to some of these 'Eastern Block' countries one day, and I'm sure I will ;)

How many languages do you speak. Because you wok in multi-lingual market research I guess you know a few ;)

Have fun in Poland, as I'm sure you will :)

Do you want me to send you draw news as well as the results? :) or just the results?

Caz
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Going to Poland on holiday sounds great :D I'd love to go to some of these 'Eastern Block' countries one day, and I'm sure I will ;)

How many languages do you speak. Because you wok in multi-lingual market research I guess you know a few ;)

Have fun in Poland, as I'm sure you will :)

Do you want me to send you draw news as well as the results? :) or just the results?

Oh, if you would send me draw news, that'd be fantastic!! I will return the favour next time you are away! :)

:topic: As for languages, aside from English, my degree involved Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese, I also did French up to A-Level and German up to GCSE, and I studied Russian for a year in evening classes during my final year at university, (though I really don't know that much it is cool to be able to read and write in a different alphabet - even if I can only read like a little child sounding out each letter! lol! ;) ) The only Polish I know, however, is what I managed to pick up through living and working there for 2 months.

And yes! If anybody hasn't voted for Magui at the Sanex Heros thing already, please go and vote now! She needs your votes!! :D

Pdm1987
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Oh, if you would send me draw news, that'd be fantastic!! I will return the favour next time you are away! :)

:topic: As for languages, aside from English, my degree involved Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese, I also did French up to A-Level and German up to GCSE, and I studied Russian for a year in evening classes during my final year at university, (though I really don't know that much it is cool to be able to read and write in a different alphabet - even if I can only read like a little child sounding out each letter! lol! ;) ) The only Polish I know, however, is what I managed to pick up through living and working there for 2 months.

And yes! If anybody hasn't voted for Magui at the Sanex Heros thing already, please go and vote now! She needs your votes!! :D

:topic: I was going to do french at A-Level, but i was the only one in the entire school who wanted to do it :o So it didn't run :sad: So I'm doing Maths instead ;) I will put my name down for an evening class in a modern language, perhaps something like Spanish. It's great to have an interest in many languages, and even a little knowledge means you can talk to many people :D

And i will send you all the draw news, as soon as I read it on here ;)

Pdm1987
Sep 21st, 2003, 04:17 PM
Magui plays Chadkova in R1, a winnable match, and then either Shaughnessy or Mikaelian in R2, and then a probable meeting with Henin-H. So a good chance to pick up some points and just think of the quality points if she beats Henin ;)

Caz says Hi :wavey: all the way for Poland, and she is going to tell us all about her adventures with caves & mountains when she gets back :)

propi
Sep 21st, 2003, 05:13 PM
Good Luck Magüi, beating Chaldknova won't be easy ....:)

Daniel
Sep 21st, 2003, 07:06 PM
mucha suerte magui :D

MS
Sep 22nd, 2003, 07:39 AM
Pff, they've changed the draw and now Magüi's draw is crap. If she defeats Denisa today (and it won't be easy, I think Denisa is good indoors), she will play Henin next...

In doubles Magüi plays with Shaughnessy and they also have a crap draw ;)

It won't be an easy week, I'm afraid ,)

MS
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:08 PM
I don't know what has happened in that match, it is weird that a match indoors is stopped during over an hour...

Magüi lost 1-6 5-7, a shame because she had a nice 5-4 in the second set. I hope that J. tells us something about this match when he comes if he can enter here ;)

More luck later in dubs. I'll see the score tomorrow.

Pdm1987
Sep 22nd, 2003, 05:10 PM
It's that time again; After 3; 1,2,3: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I thought Magui would have done better, hopefully next week she can get closer to that career best ranking!!!

MS
Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:14 AM
They also lost in doubles, but this was more expected.

BTW, that's what happened during the match:

Denisa Chladkova of the Czech Republic beat Magui Serna of Spain 6-1, 7-5 Monday at the Sparkassen Cup in a match interrupted for an hour because of air bubbles on the carpeted court.
With the score 2-2 in the second set, the air conditioning system caused air bubbles to surface on the carpet. The problem went away once it was turned off.
"It was like we were on the sea, like we were flowing," Chladkova said. "It was hardly possible to even walk,"

propi
Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
It's that time again; After 3; 1,2,3: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I thought Magui would have done better, hopefully next week she can get closer to that career best ranking!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: