PDA

View Full Version : ::~~Venus In Russia~~Kickin' Ass Thread~~::

tennisIlove09
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:11 PM
I know it's WAY early...but we need some action in this forum! Post all Venus updates through Moscow in here!

tennisIlove09
Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Here's Venus' Interview with Tracy Austin:

Austin: Now that you're here, how hard is it not to be playing the Open?

Venus: I have a great support system. All my sisters. My mom, she was upset. She didn't say anything. She always went like (covers lips). Like that. (laughs).

Austin: She knew you weren't ready.

Venus: She's wise. I guess she knew all along. And it helps when you have people to tell you know that your decision was the right now.

Austin: Being the perfectionist you and Serena are, and taking the titles so many times, is it hard being out and seeing everyone out there?

Venus: It's different not being out there, for sure. It's not what I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. I'm not in the Open, Serena's not in the open. It's strange. I had a lot of things that would have been really exciting. I had a new outfit. I had a new line of jewerly I was going to wear...I'm wearing it now! This is the only time I get to wear it!

Austin: You're going to be out for a little bit. So Venus wakes up on a day where she doesn't have to practice, or hit a ball. What's your perfect day? She doesn't even have to go to therapy!

Venus: Wait! Oh she doesn't! The perfect day, I'd probably have a chef come a cook breakfast. Nothing heavy. Just fruit and an omelet or something like that. I like to work, I'd go to the office. Go home and watch the Golden Girls (laughs). Maybe throw some shopping in there too! Maybe a masage and a facial.

Austin: I don't the think public understands all the pressures. Tell us a little of how that feels. All of a Suddenly you're a star. Everyone wants a piece of you. How do fit it all in, how do you deal with that?

Venus: I definitely guard my time. I always make sure I have time for me. enough time to practice, enough time to relax, do what I want. I definitely think the schedule is hetic. You're whole year is about tennis, when ideally I don't think it should be. I think I've taliored my schedule to a point where I can play quite a long time.

Austin: How many more years? About five?

Venus: I'm not retiring for quite a few years. I'll be fresh mentally because I'm not over loading my tournaments and I think I'll be around quite a long time.

http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbleo2003/07540f00.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbleo2003/07640f00.jpg

Infiniti2001
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Miss Vee at the Latin grammys
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030904/lthumb.1062640159.latin_grammys_mhx135.jpg

tennisIlove09
Sep 4th, 2003, 03:59 AM
She looks SO good!

Mona
Sep 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
She's looking beautiful...like she always does!!

:worship: for the Williams' :worship:

moon
Sep 9th, 2003, 02:13 AM
do you guys think Vee will even show up in Russia?
I'll believe it when I see it. Personally, I think she should just stay out the rest of the year. I'll miss her, but at least she'll be absolutely healed.

TM
Sep 24th, 2003, 08:21 PM
she pulled out.

she should IMO rest for next season 2004. HER GOLDENSLAM + Diamond Racquet = :drool: :drool: :drool:

*GODBLESS**

Chance
Sep 26th, 2003, 06:52 AM
thanks for that interview tennisIlove09.

Take Care Venus- Come back when you feel 100%