PDA

View Full Version : PAW Staff Recruitment THREAD!

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:07 AM
To PAW players:

PAW must be played fair and run by honest staff. Fulls dot.

Thus, I am searching for staff who can help me run PAW. Of course I am only asking for minor jobs, which will all make it easier than one person running the game.

The following positions are available.

1. League Table organiser

This responsibility will be based on keeping a record of each player's PAW and denoting their position on the league table. Preferably, the league table should be updated everyday, but if this is too difficult, at the end of each tournament will also be fine.

This job is a fairly difficult one because the organiser has to take into account invalid/late picks, player withdrawals, must have good numeracy skills and have essential skills in a progamme (ie Microsoft Excel), which should be used to derive the scores accurately.

2. Late Picks / Invalid Picks Addresser

This responsibility should be undertaken by a PAW player who is online regularly during the matches. In his/her posts, this person will address all players that need to replace their PAWs due to a withdrawal/change in the draw and also will tell players if they posted a pick which was late. If the person is not online all the time, they should apply the formula (see Simon's archive page) for late picks.

This responsibility is very important for the league table organiser to do their job efficiently. It is not really a hard job, but needs to be done daily.

3. Rankings Organiser

This job will start off difficult but will become easier once everything is in order. A motivated and enthusiastic person is preferred here. Someone who is willing to give up their time to collect past PAW stats and set up an Excel spreadsheet to run the 52 week rankings. If no one thinks they can do this, I will give it a go but again, I will need someone who can help me collect the 52-week stats.

If you are interested in one or more of these responsibilities please say so in this thread. :)

That is all for now,
SpikeyAidanm

P.S: I planned on keeping PAW for all my life (ie: up to 2070 at least :bounce: )

sandg
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:41 AM
Good decision by Spikey :)

I already collected PAW Games final league table from Simon Started (Tokyo Torray Pan Pacific 2002) until New Heaven 2003. Now I re-count again to find PAW Ranking as June 16 2003 the last PAW Rank before Simon left. I do convert to database and made little program to calculation. If finished I will send to Spikey.

When marcobarella take this game, he calculated PAW ranking with his version which different with Simon/WTA version. I also confuse about Pts rank from marco version for Grand Slam, Tier 2 (28 Players) and tier 3A (30 players), its have little different with Simon's points. For this problems I calculated with Simon's point version. I also don't have pts for Tier 2A (48 players), maybe Spikey can send me this pts for rank #1 to #48.

If I can to calculate PAW Rank until New Heaven 2003, I want to apply as Rankings organizer (no.3).

Addition : I will as Ranking Organizer if PAW Games Organizer can plays clean and fair.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:08 AM
Hi sandg!

Here are the Tier 2 (with 48 players points),

1st --- 195 ...... 13th --- 27 ...... 25th --- 13 ...... 37th ---- 6
2nd --- 137 ...... 14th --- 25 ...... 26th --- 12 ...... 38th ---- 5
3rd --- 101 ...... 15th --- 23 ...... 27th --- 12 ...... 39th ---- 5
4th ---- 80 ...... 16th --- 21 ...... 28th --- 11 ...... 40th ---- 4
5th ---- 65 ...... 17th --- 19 ...... 29th --- 10 ...... 41st ---- 4
6th ---- 57 ...... 18th --- 18 ...... 30th ---- 9 ...... 42nd ---- 3
7th ---- 49 ...... 19th --- 18 ...... 31st ---- 9 ...... 43rd ---- 3
8th ---- 41 ...... 20th --- 17 ...... 32nd ---- 8 ...... 44th ---- 2
9th ---- 36 ...... 21st --- 16 ...... 33rd ---- 7 ...... 45th ---- 2
10th --- 34 ...... 22nd --- 15 ...... 34th ---- 7 ...... 46th ---- 2
11th --- 32 ...... 23rd --- 15 ...... 35th ---- 6 ...... 47th ---- 1
12th --- 29 ...... 24th --- 14 ...... 36th ---- 6 ...... 48th ---- 1

It's great that you have already collected all the 52 week stats. I look forward to working with you,

SpikeyAidanm,

sandg
Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:29 AM
Not tier 2 but tier 2A, winner get 220 pts.

In San Diego 2003, I think is Tier 2A (1,000,000 USD), but already counted tier 2, no matter I also counted as tier 2. San Diego 2002 (750,000 USD) also counted as Tier 2 by Simon.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
hmmm, the WTAWorld Archives only goes up to Bahia 2002, so there aren't any past Tier 2A Players - 48, in the archive. The only way would be to e-mail/PM Simon, which I am going to do now. :)

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Sep 3rd, 2003, 11:53 AM
yo...i dun mind helping to record each paw player's picks and count their scores.
But i dunnoe how to get the timeslots to jugde late picks.I don't know how to determine the betting score for individual picks.I'll be glad to learn if u teach me.
If u need me to count scores and keep records just inform me by dropping a msg here.I'll try my best to update the league table. :)

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:02 PM
Hi Je_ne_sais_quoi,

Do you think you will be able to collect a record of each PAW player's pick summaries for each tournament? You won't have to worry about late picks - another player will organise that and from them you can work out the pick summary.

Let me know what you think,
SpikeyAidanm :)

ilovemomo
Sep 4th, 2003, 08:47 AM
:wavey: i don't mean to be rude but i have only played paw once or twice and i reckon you should start from scratch new way of doing the ranking points and stuff like that :wavey:

Wojtek
Sep 4th, 2003, 12:53 PM
http://members.aol.com/simonbr120/private/archive.html

Here you have all summary events.

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Hi Je_ne_sais_quoi,

Do you think you will be able to collect a record of each PAW player's pick summaries for each tournament? You won't have to worry about late picks - another player will organise that and from them you can work out the pick summary.

Let me know what you think,
SpikeyAidanm :)

Ok.Since i don't have to worry about late picks, recording pick summary shldn't be a prob.So i suppose i'll start recording the summaries from Bali onwards?Will i be taking on the task of counting the points for each player too? or will i be recording only?

bionic71
Sep 4th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Good on you JE NE SAIS QUOI!!!! :worship:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Sep 4th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I'll try my best though i may not be able to come online at all times.
do come back and join paw, bionic and wojtek..don't retire after usopen.

AleOrtu
Sep 4th, 2003, 05:04 PM
http://members.aol.com/simonbr120/private/archive.html

Here you have all summary events.

Thatīs excellent, Wotjek.! Now we only have to enter the fornament forums since Viena 2003 to US Open 2003 and look the PAW final table.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 4th, 2003, 11:25 PM
I will start compiling all the points totals, but I don't know how to manage equal 4th for example, does anyone know how the points are spread?

Cheers,

bionic71
Sep 6th, 2003, 07:33 AM
SPIKEY,

What is the current status of the "new team"?

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 6th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Still searching for a league table updater....

sandg
Sep 6th, 2003, 08:58 AM
I will start compiling all the points totals, but I don't know how to manage equal 4th for example, does anyone know how the points are spread?

Cheers,

I finished re-counted PAW Rank after New Heaven 2003. The most difficult section is to find PAW Ranking equal as PAW Ranking June 16 2003 by Simon. The problems in here is pts value for player who have same position in every tourney. Most of calculation is based average pts. but I worried if any in-consistancy in here especially for earlier tourney.

Spikey I will PM you PAW Rank as August 25 2003 (After New Heaven), but still bad preview (now I repair it).

Wojtek
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Still searching for a league table updater....

Please find someone because Marco is cheater.

Wojtek
Sep 7th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Why Marco is running paw in ITF ? :rolleyes:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Sep 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Just to re-confirm.
I'll be keepin picks summaries and i'll be updating rankings for individual tournaments daily(i'll try as far as possible).
Is that ok spikey?

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Just to re-confirm.
I'll be keepin picks summaries and i'll be updating rankings for individual tournaments daily(i'll try as far as possible).
Is that ok spikey?

Yes of course, I'm glad to have you on the team :wavey: