PDA

View Full Version : Neish & Hendry

Grachka
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:40 PM
What happened to Mhari Neish and Frances Hendry? They were both in the ranking lists, but they have disappeared. We need more Scottish up-and-comers! :)

Farina Elia Fan
Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:53 PM
What happened to Mhari Neish and Frances Hendry? They were both in the ranking lists, but they have disappeared. We need more Scottish up-and-comers! :)

TRY ASKING ON http://www.talktennis.cjb.net/ OR http://gbtennisgirls.com/.

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

Grachka
Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks lots! :worship:

paul_masterton
Sep 3rd, 2003, 05:48 PM
Mhari has been injured most of this year and lost her ranking last week.

Frances hasn't played much this year as she is studying at Millfield School.

She'd have been better off going to College in teh USA IMO.

Mhari Brown has again receieved all-american honours at Arizona State and again voted one of teh best players in the collegiate system. I thin she's in her last year.

Nicola Allan has been doing school stuff this year I guess, and that's why she hasn't played much.

Karen P is still heading up teh ranks.

Linzi Reilly has been struggling, but should hopefully turn things around soon.

Grachka
Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:53 PM
I noticed that Karen Paterson had reached the final of the futures event in Wrexham, which is good, got her into the top 500. She could be pretty good....thanks paul_masterton for the info!

Pdm1987
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Karen P does have potential to be pretty good :D But the problem could lie mentally and she relies a lot on her strong baseline play, making her opponent run, but if she is made to run she will probably end up losing most of the points hitting them low into the net, from what I saw at Wrexham. I like Karen P, she has a great on court personality :)

Grachka
Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah, i totally agree. She showed that in an event in Edinburgh that I was at. She got to the QF there, and i was quite impressed. She is ranked 491 at the moment, hopefully she can improve that quickly!! :) Scottish tennis is actually pretty healthy, with Baltacha and Paterson with potential! Everyone has that though, just converting it is the problem!