PDA

View Full Version : Will Channel 9 (AUS) Show Pierce -v- Myskina?

Mary Pierce
Sep 1st, 2003, 01:58 AM
Just checked out the schedule for Monday - Mary's match is before Lleyton's on Grandstand Court.

But Agassi would probably be playing on Arthur Ashe the same time as Pierce, I think.

Do you think there is a chance - anyone have any idea what they will show???

Thanks heaps for your help.

Gowza
Sep 1st, 2003, 02:18 AM
unfortunately they'll probably show agassi. he's a big star and neither myskina or pierce are big enough to combat that. unless they just want to roll straight through the matches in which case they'll show pierce. but i think they'll show agassi on star power.

Mary Pierce
Sep 1st, 2003, 02:22 AM
Hi Gowza, yeah that is what I was thinking. I will see when they start their program who they will be showing - wish Agassi was playing earlier so Pierce could get some coverage.

Mateo Mathieu
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:35 AM
That's why I don't like Andre and Lleyton! :mad: LOL!

Edman
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:40 AM
For channel 9,they prefer to showing matches including Asian players especially Thais.
The schedule of Monday shows that Paradorn Srichaphan's match against Hewitt will follow Mary's match luckily.
Hence,i think whether it shows Mary's match or not is determined by when will the matches of Agassi and Mary's start.If Mary one starts first,they will show it before showing Agassi's one,I guess.As Women's match requires less time,they can show Agassi's match after.

Sharapova's_Boy
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I think they would show Andre :mad:

But it is so annoying, every night I stay up untill 1:00am (which is the time they start televising) and every time they show a boring mens match first :fiery:

Mary Pierce
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:39 AM
For channel 9,they prefer to showing matches including Asian players especially Thais.
The schedule of Monday shows that Paradorn Srichaphan's match against Hewitt will follow Mary's match luckily.
Hence,i think whether it shows Mary's match or not is determined by when will the matches of Agassi and Mary's start.If Mary one starts first,they will show it before showing Agassi's one,I guess.As Women's match requires less time,they can show Agassi's match after.

Edman, I like your thinking, it makes sense - I hope they do show Mary's match tonight. Maybe another match when they start coverage, then to Mary's, then Lleyton's, then a replay of Agassi's match??

Mary Pierce
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I think they would show Andre :mad:

But it is so annoying, every night I stay up untill 1:00am (which is the time they start televising) and every time they show a boring mens match first :fiery:

Totally agree :mad: :mad: :mad:

I stay up to 1.00am and they say at the start who they will be covering for that night - if Mary is not on their list, I go online, which isn't as exciting but at least it's live :rolleyes: