PDA

View Full Version : Williams sisters against Hingis(again!)

CanadianBoy21
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:08 AM
This is my first time posting in about two weeks, and it seems as though the fights between Williams fans and Hingis fans seem to be picking up...AGAIN(just as it was really coolong down)

Here are some things that have been said

"Venus is faking injuries"
"Martina is slamless in a century"
"Serena needs to lose weight"
"Who is playing now, ha!, Hingis, she is not injured!!"
"Martina is running away from competition-Venus & Serena, Venus and Serena enter Dubai and Doha to beat up on Martina, and Martina runs away to Indian Wells!"
"Why is Serena not playing in Indian Wells?!!"

The last one, why is Serena not playing Indian Wells?! LOL, I found that one so funny! They must have not heard about last year!
Obviously Venus and Serena are better now then Martina.
Both beat her the last time they played, in Straights, both have won more recently then Martina, especially in slams.
Obviously Martina is more consistent then Venus and Serena, she plays more, gets less injured...

Intead of you Hingis fans jumping on Jen fans(although there are almost none around here, hehe!), you guys fight against the Williams fans...sad, but true...
And if you call Serena fat(obviously she is not), look at Jen!!

I remember since a long while ago, this has been going on, and god knows, even Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert rivalry don't come close!!

I have learned not to fight against Martina fans, because I know they really love Venus and Serena too ;) , I used to really dislike Martina, but I have realized that she is a great tennis player, and really has a sweet personality, and she is now one of my favourites since last year... All of these women should be respected, EXCEPT Jen, :fiery: can't believe those things she said in the finals "Tell them again", when she wanted to make the crowd shut up, when they were CHEERING FOR HER! Moron, and when she was swearing like crazy! "Like, The fucking ball was out! Like, What the fuck! Like the Ball was fucking out, Like can't you fuckin' remove the like, the fuckin' linesperson, like totally the ball was fuckin out, remove the linesperson, like right now!"

Well something like that!

I made up for the time I have missed with this long post ;)

Later!

Kart
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:14 AM
I cannot emphasise this enough ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CC
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:17 AM
Let's all duke it out.:bounce: :bounce:

joao
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:28 AM
Well....because you don't like JCrap, you want everybody to not like her and all the fans around the world to get down on her! Well Superhero, that doesn't work that way! I think we need equilibrium somehow! And it's good that everybody doesn't pick on the same player!

GO WILLIAMS ANYWAYS!!!!!!!

Jordan.
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:06 AM
Everyone should get along....

CanadianBoy21
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:43 AM
Nobody like her anyways, I don't have to make people not like her.
They booed Jennifer after she told the umpire to tell them to be quite.

But I think everybody is sick of Venus and/or Serena versus Martina...
:angel:

tia clara
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:51 AM
Maybe you can go away again and stay away longer. I for one would really appreciate it.

Bye-bye :wavey:

disposablehero
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:51 AM
I agree with Superhero. Let's all quit fighting each other and save our venom for Jen. :fiery:

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:53 AM
shut up superhero

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:29 AM
:eek: You'll get stoned for this. You should've left the Jennifer part out.

G1Player2
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:10 AM
Who cares about the Hingis/Williams rivalry. Even Hingis fans know that Venus or Serena at their best (no offense) has never and will never beat them no matter how well Martinais playing. Sorry hingis fans

destructo_girl
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
Orignially posted by Superhero
Intead of you Hingis fans jumping on Jen fans(although there are almost none around here, hehe!), you guys fight against the Williams fans...sad, but true... The reason is cos there are a few Williams fans who never stop bagging out Hingis. And while these sad few are rude, most Jen fans, and Lindsay and Monica fans for that matter, are kind and respectful to us Hingisites.
We don't want to fight, cos most Martians appreciate the fact that Williams fans are Williams fans. And there are a couple of great ones out there, too.

So we'd appreciate it if you didn't come out with comments like that. We're not the ones who start it.

Adison
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
I am not really afraid many bad comment from Venus&Serena's fans ... you want a fight ?..Come on guy ! I will use my intelligent to argue with you guy like Hingis uses her intelligent to beat William sisters on the tennis court .....

Adison
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
iam just kidding

CanadianBoy21
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
lol...
guys are very feisty! :rolleyes:

CanadianBoy21
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Williams_Rulez, I am not the one who gets stoned...:kiss:
But we all know who does...

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
Oh please... this thread is not doing any good. See there is already arguements in this thread. What's the point? Williams and Martina fans just cannot get along for some reason or another.

I actually believe it is due to the fact that they are the most vocal groups around, and that's probably the cause of it all.

Cheers :) :D

Aloysius
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:49 PM
Huh? You complained about the Hingis and Williams fans going at it again, but then you contributed to it. Why?

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:39 PM
I don't think Williams and Hingis fans should fight. It almost looks more like a clash of egos more than a "who is better" argument. I just don't think it's smart to brag about somebody else's accomplishments......

brickhousesupporter
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Vanity
I don't think Williams and Hingis fans should fight. It almost looks more like a clash of egos more than a "who is better" argument. I just don't think it's smart to brag about somebody else's accomplishments......

Vanity finally something we can agree on. congratulations. Lets savor the moment. Was that as good for you as it was for me.

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:49 PM
Vanity finally something we can agree on. congratulations. Lets savor the moment. Was that as good for you as it was for me.

Why yes it was brickhousesupporter! *savors moment* :D

veryborednow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:50 PM
If there was a snore face, I'd use that now.

Why did you have to bring the whole Jen thing up?? It's not relevant.
If you weren't here last week then deal with it, don't drag all this up again. Blah blah Jen swearing - big deal everyone does it and I'm not going to carry on with this arguement when it was all done beyond death last week.

Nobody cares who's rivals with who. In fact it was a Williams' fan who started the whole Venus was faking her injuries thread anyway. Not a Martina fan.

Last week everyone slaughtered Jen, we're all tired now.

:rolleyes:

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:57 PM
If you weren't here last week then deal with it, don't drag all this up again. Blah blah Jen swearing - big deal everyone does it

Well, I don't think many of the people here were actually offended by the swearing. I doubt anyone here is that sheltered... in fact, hard to believe as it is, many people here are adults. But, when you have an extreme hatred and jealousy of somebody you'll use anything against them. That's what is going on....

veryborednow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
hmmm. It all sounded so petty to me. I doubt anyone was actually that fussed about the whole thing.

Just a huge thing about nothing

gentenaire
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:12 PM
Maybe the administrators ought to put up a schedule. Last week was Jen Trash Week, who should we trash this week? Hmm, how about Martina, since she just won a tournament. That means that next week it's someone else's turn.

Let's start an 'Everyone take a swipe at the trash player of the week thread' ;)

veryborednow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:16 PM
With complete seriousness - that sounds like a good plan. As a Jen fan it exhausts me trying to defend her every week :) Should be some other players turn soon....

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:17 PM
That's exactly what it is. Jen defended her Aussie title and they can't stand that. So, they are naturally going to use the swearing against her. I just think it's nonsense and people should just watch the tennis and forget about all that stuff.

Sounds like a good idea, Tine.. ;)

veryborednow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:22 PM
Vanity - but that's part of what makes womens tennis interesting. The slagging off of other players, though I'd prefer the players to do it more ;) it's be more amusing

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
I guess that's why everyone made such a big deal over the Spirlea-Venus incident, back then ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:27 PM
The tennis rivalries are what keep the sport going! When Venus and Martina play, I want to see the action because their matches are usually spectacular. The same goes for Serena vs Martina, Jen vs Venus, Jen vs Martina, Serena vs Jen and thats not even including Lindsay and Monica in the mix.

When you just look at the tennis, alone, then everyone can agree that all the players rock (unless you simply prefer one style of tennis over another). It's when you factor in personalities on and off court that get people riled up. The bad on court behavior, the cutting remarks, and the bad sportsmanship, I feel is where the fans draw lines in the sand and come up guns blazing against other players.

Right now I think the best rivalry in women's tennis is Venus vs Jen, even though Jen has never beat her their matches are always fun to watch and competitive(usopen 2001 a minor blip).

ps

Oh and the whole thing about cursing on court, I feel that no matter who does it they should be reprimanded. In the NBA you can't just curse out the offical. There are consequences to actions and a professional athlete should act professional. Yes flare ups happen, but I bet not many people can show up to their job and start cursing up a storm. That type of behavior is disrespectful to the fans, officials and competition no matter who does it.
:bounce:

Bright Red
Feb 4th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
The tennis rivalries are what keep the sport going! When Venus and Martina play, I want to see the action because their matches are usually spectacular. The same goes for Serena vs Martina, Jen vs Venus, Jen vs Martina, Serena vs Jen and thats not even including Lindsay and Monica in the mix.

When you just look at the tennis, alone, then everyone can agree that all the players rock (unless you simply prefer one style of tennis over another). It's when you factor in personalities on and off court that get people riled up. The bad on court behavior, the cutting remarks, and the bad sportsmanship, I feel is where the fans draw lines in the sand and come up guns blazing against other players.

Right now I think the best rivalry in women's tennis is Venus vs Jen, even though Jen has never beat her their matches are always fun to watch and competitive(usopen 2001 a minor blip).

ps

Oh and the whole thing about cursing on court, I feel that no matter who does it they should be reprimanded. In the NBA you can't just curse out the offical. There are consequences to actions and a professional athlete should act professional. Yes flare ups happen, but I bet not many people can show up to their job and start cursing up a storm. That type of behavior is disrespectful to the fans, officials and competition no matter who does it.
:bounce:

What a great post. Well said.