PDA

View Full Version : Venus:She feigned her injury?

Newinva
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:34 PM
I am so angry.:mad:

I was in chat just a few minutes ago when a few persons(Who shall remain nameless), but they know who they are made this comment: Venus she faked her injury at the Australian Open, there wasn't anything wrong with her............Martina rules!

Infiniti2001
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:38 PM
If indeed she did then she deserves an oscar :P

irma
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:42 PM
They showed her making a bad move in her match against Monica about 50 times on tv here, that wasn`t a fake.

Keith
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:42 PM
I can't remember the last time Venus entered a slam and said she was not injured. Even the ones that she won. And Serena, well, she is a self proclaimed hypochondriac.

Flappie
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:43 PM
Well DUHHHHH!!!:rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:47 PM
I can't remember the last time Venus entered a slam and said she was not injured.

Yikes!! That's COLD:mad:

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Infiniti2001
If indeed she did then she deserves an oscar :P
ROTFLMAO!!!! That's a classic.

cheeky
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:00 PM
venus was injured it's as simple as that!!!!

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:35 PM
Hahaha, well said Jenny fan. If Venus is injured that often she should be in the hospital instead of a tennis court.

Aci79
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:37 PM
I'm not a fan of the Williams Sisters, but I think they get injured quite often because of their body type.

The more muscle you have, the more injuries you get.

Especially Venus.. look how tall she is..
Knee injury isn't a new thing for tennis players like her.

It might not be a major thing.. but they still call it an injury anyway.

I don't see why they have to fake injuries. It is not a fun thing to do.

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:42 PM
For the most part, Venus injury status affects her performance in the following ways (this ignores, of course, when she's rusty).

At 100% Venus is invincible on all surfaces.
At 95%, Venus is invincible on grass and all hardcourts

It is only when Venus is less than 90% that she can be beaten at all by another player, and that player has to be playing the best tennis of her life.

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:44 PM
Bright Red shows how little he knows about tennis. AGAIN. :rolleyes:

You are a joke!

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:45 PM
Now why did I see that one coming, Vanity?

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:48 PM
Because I've basically created an automated reply, just for you. Your posts are that predictable!

LucasArg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:48 PM
GIVE ME A BREAK:o

EVERYBODY KNOW VENUS INJURED OR NOT IS THE BEST PLAYER ON COURT:)

SO, MARTINA FANS, DON'T TRY TO INSULT VENUS JUST BECAUSE SHE IS THE BEST:kiss:

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:49 PM
I didn't see Venus in the finals of the Australian Open, did you? :o

Kart
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:52 PM
Er, if you get so upset by people in chat that you have to start a thread about it, maybe you should just avoid chat ?

As for Venus and injuries, I don't remember her offering any excuses at Wimbledon or French open last year although that might just be my poor memory.

Vanity and Bright Red, you guys are funny :)

Bright Red
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:53 PM
Now Vanity, you're beginning to look ridiculous when you don't realize that Venus didn't make the finals of the AO because she was injured.

One word of advice to you (and goodness knows you need it):

Better to be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt.

Vanity
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:54 PM
Er, if you get so upset by people in chat that you have to start a thread about it, maybe you should avoid it ?

Exactly, Kart. It's pathetic when people have to air out their personal problems in this board.

Vanity and Bright Red, you guys are funny

I aim to please I guess, LOL ;)

Infiniti2001
Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:56 PM
As for Venus and injuries, I don't remember her offering any excuses at Wimbledon or French open last year although that might just be my poor memory

Your memory is fine Kart... Venus also practically coughed her way through the US open with absolutely no complains :P

Aci79
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:28 AM
:)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:32 AM
It is so sad to see people I respect thinking Venus lies about her injuries.......

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:34 AM
NO Venus did NOT feign her injuries, but she DID feign her height. :D

And EVERYBODY fell for it!! :kiss:

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by janie:
...but [Venus] DID feign her height.

Please explain, janie.

CC
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Bright Red
It is only when Venus is less than 90% that she can be beaten at all by another player, and that player has to be playing the best tennis of her life.

Just wanted to reiterate.:cool:

CC
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:41 AM
Janie knows something we don't.:rolleyes:

Jordan.
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:45 AM
Monica was just playing better,admit it..:rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:32 AM
Some fans are trippin on Venus not making the final.. but DAYUM their fav didn't even make it to ROUND TWO!:rolleyes:

Jordan she was playing better.. LAST NIGHT.. LOL:)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:35 AM
Some fans are trippin on Venus not making the final.. but DAYUM their fav didn't even make it to ROUND TWO!

Just to let ya know, I cheer for more people than Anna Kournikova. Didn't Monica beat Venus and reach the semifinal, yes yes she did....

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:42 AM
Yeah I kinda see what You mean.. I like Seles and didn't she beat Anna K last night? Yes yes she did TOO:)

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:44 AM
when you talk about players losing just kind make sure your #1 FAVORITE has a least a singles title under the belt first........ K:rolleyes: :cool:

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:45 AM
Yes she did... I wanted Anna to win because I thought she needed it more, but I was happy Monica won. Unfortunately I don't know Anna K personally so what you say against her really doesn't bother me.

How old are you anyway? :rolleyes:

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie:
when you talk about players losing just kind make sure your #1 FAVORITE has a least a singles title under the belt first........

How true. I couldn't agree more.

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:49 AM
oh Bright Red you are silly! :)

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:50 AM
I know, Vanity. But I just couldn't resist the opportunity to take a swipe at Anna.

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:51 AM
Meh, go right ahead. Doesn't bother me!! :)

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:53 AM
LOL, it was a JOKE!!!!! :D :D :D :D

You CAN'T feign your height, get it??? :rolleyes:

The whole topic is ridiculous, so I just wanted to make it even more silly. But somehow, my silly joke obviously missed the mark! :o

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by janie:
LOL, it was a JOKE!!!!!
You should request a refund for any courses on comedy you may have taken (j/k). I don't think this thread is ridiculous at all--the Sisters are always accused of faking injuries. Last year, the WTA shamelessly made Venus undergo an independent medical exam. Now that was ridiculous.

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:01 AM
LMAO @Brightred:)

Janie I got your funny joke..:)

Vanity I am FOR the 100th time 32 years old. You funny how you keep bring up my age. If I didnt know any better I would think you were TON PRO of Beetovan78:)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:02 AM
Hehe, the fact that a 32 year old woman obviously gets a kick out of teasing an 18 year old's fave, is really pathetic. :D

Btw, who is Beetovan78? :confused:

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:07 AM
I just meant, it is ridiculous and silly to accuse Venus of feigning her injuries at the AO. However, I well remember people accusing Pete Sampras of faking VOMITING in the US Open quarters against Corretja in 1996; they claimed, and with great outrage, that Pete was just playing head games with Alex!!!! :eek:

So I realize that people are always going to suspect PLAYERS THEY ALREADY DON'T LIKE of faking this and ruining that. It is a sad and stupid but true fact of sports life. :rolleyes:

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by janie
I just meant, it is ridiculous and silly to accuse Venus of feigning her injuries at the AO. However, I well remember people accusing Pete Sampras of faking VOMITING in the US Open quarters against Corretja in 1996; they claimed, and with great outrage, that Pete was just playing head games with Alex!!!! :eek:

So I realize that people are always going to suspect PLAYERS THEY ALREADY DON'T LIKE of faking this and ruining that. It is a sad and stupid but true fact of sports life. :rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly agree.

CC
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:12 AM
Lol Janie, I was completely caught. I'll be more alert next time.:)

Oasiatic
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:16 AM
You guys are hilarious.

Thanks for the laughs :)

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:28 AM
Vanity that is your opinion. Alot of people enjoy their lil kicks .. in alot of different ways. So get used to it.. you lil 18 year old you.

You are 18 *cough* *cough* and you like Vanity and Millie Jackson.. nothing wrong with that KICK.

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:33 AM
Hey, I find music from the past much better than the current stuff...

You gotta problem with that?

:bounce: :bounce:

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:40 AM
So you love Vanity's vocal talents huh? She always did need a COACH though.. lmao

kinda like someone else that I know.. lol

You are so NOT 18.. but if you wish to keep expressing that then nothing wrong with that either.. ROTFLMAO:)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:44 AM
Vanity couldn't sing worth a crap but her songs are still very entertaining... who couldn't smile after hearing "Nasty Girl"??

Anyway... believe what you wanna believe ;)
I believe that if you gave out your real age you would probably be blocked. The rules state you must be at least 13 years of age to post here.. :D

Halardfan
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:46 AM
It was pretty clear that Venus' injuries were for real. Its to her credit that during points she fought through the pain, to such a degree that she generally moved very fluently while in a point. At some times n the match it was clearly more of a problem than others, but it was still real.

veryborednow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:49 AM
Ok children, sensible question time:

Would the Williams have more or less injuries is they played more? (like 20/22 tournaments - not overplaying).

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:57 AM
Vanity you remember that song? When they replayed that Video you must really of fell for that one then.. LMAO
That song came out when you was fresh out the pus.. THAT is if your REALLY 18.. NOT!!;)

Yo Vanity, go check out the J-Geils band. Look up the song Centerfold.. you'll enjoy that one too.:)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:00 AM
I have never seen the video unfortunately. It's amazing what you can find when you rummage through your parents old record collection... ;) I've seen people selling used copies of Vanity 6's cd for hundreds of dollars on ebay! :eek:

I don't really care how old you think I am but I will look that song up.. thanks... :)

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:08 AM
Yeah right Vanity.. lol, your parents video collection.. lmao and rothf:D

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:10 AM
Record collection Dawn Marie :)

That song you told me to look up was great, hahaha, gotta love the oldies! :D

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:16 AM
Vanity you just had the time to pop back in after I posted.. you know you didn't look that song up.. your losing it women.:)

Ok, well I am done now my use of you is now over. Until I feel the need to use you again my cherie'. Tootles.. *dawn wraps her scarf around her neck and quickly turns her head*

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:31 AM
Oh dear Dawn Marie... I almost started being nice to you... you are a snake! :)

my blood runs cold, my memory has been sold, angel in the centrefold...

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:34 AM
Well then maybe next time you'll learn to TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE.. ROTFLMAO

Don't feed em "vanity". lmao

My Advice to you is this "If your a troll expect to be fed";)

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:36 AM
oh Dawn Marie, you always make me laugh...:p
I'm just glad nobody else joined in (like Adrian) because you would have run away like a coward! :eek:

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:41 AM
A real coward is someone who hides behind fake IP's and names.. lmao.

goodbye me lady, good day to yah

Vanity
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:43 AM
Uhhh...keep in mind WTAworld bans multiple user accounts, so if I'm doing what you accuse me of, I wouldn't be here :cool:

Linton
Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:50 AM
Did n e one answer ure question Very Bored Now. Awww Well I dunno, Injuries with he will sotp hr playing We;; DUH!! But she seems she doesnt really play much, Maybe a few before a grandslam, I tihnk venus concentrates much more on grandslams then Mainly n e other tournments. Just my opinion,

Jordan.
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:05 AM
:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:18 AM
Bright Red - Stop feeding that damn troll! ;)

Mr. Ba - I think we finally agree on something, buddy! :p :rolleyes:

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:43 AM
:rolleyes: Oh please... go through so much trouble just to pretend to be injured? That is just so laughable. :rolleyes:

jennifer
Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:56 AM
Why does it always seem to be that Venus or Serena the only ones that are questioned about their injuries? Oh and I suppose that when anybody from the tour gets injured, it's for real, but not for the Williams' Sisters? :rolleyes:

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
Yeah, that's what I don't understand either :sad:

jennifer
Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:18 AM
yeah :sad:

Sam L
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:41 PM
"SO, MARTINA FANS, DON'T TRY TO INSULT VENUS JUST BECAUSE SHE IS THE BEST"

LucasArg, stop generalising, you can be so narrow minded. Not all Martina fans feel the same way :(

FYI: Yes Venus was injured (No she wasn't faking it), I saw her play too, but that wasn't the reason why she lost to Monica Seles. Monica played very well, Venus wasn't 100% but she was still well enough to play through a match.

Newinva: Why bring Martina into this thread by beginning with such accusations and then saying "............Martina rules!" She has absolutely nothing to do with Venus or her injuries, they haven't played each other for a long time.

If I'm not mistaken I think you're trying to attract negative attention towards Martina & her fans. Please stop doing it in the future if possible whether you intended it or not. Thanx.

Williams Rulez
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:44 PM
That's a nice picture of Monica you have there Sam L. It is Monica right? Her hair is weird though. She has such a lovely dog!! :hearts:

Sam L
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Hey WilliamsRulez :D Yep that's Monica alright ;) I think her hair looks lovely but a bit 80's-ish though. The little dog is adorable, my neighbour has one just like it :)

I like your avatar too, I have it saved on my hard-drive :kiss:

TeeRexx
Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:11 PM
Every time I see that dog it reminds of the 2000 or 2001 U.S. Open when Monica's mom gave the dog some water from a cup and then she drank some after the dog. Yeech!

QueenO
Feb 4th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Well it took longer than I thought for some of you all to question her injury. It's just silly and stupid to say Venus faked an injury. The fact is seles won and a win is a win, yet at the same time the injury did help seles, never the less she won. Why would Venus fake the injury there was nothing to gain and fake over a player that she had a clean record against? Matter of fact her only lost to a top 10 player was a year ago that day to hingis. So please, and I don't recall her stating she had an injury going into the French, Wimbledon or the US Open. It was said she has a cold at the US Open but that came out of the mouth of Dick E. and Pam S. not Venus. Wasn't it hingis last year who blamed a lost due to her shoes :rolleyes: jin who claimed to be sick at the year end Sanex WTA event . Venus played great with both her injuries and jin and hingis should be thanking thoes injuries.

Venus The BEST In Tennis